Laura Mercier Discussion

Honey&LemonGirl

Laura Mercier products are really high quality, I'll give them that, but the prices are a little outrageous. I love her oil-free TM (I wear Nude) and her creme lipsticks (full-coverage, moist, with a glossy-but-opaque finish without being streaky and moving all over the place like YSL's Rouge Voluptes or Chanel's Rouge Allures, for example).

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye_ronic
NC42 ladies, what shade do you use in either the oil free tinted moisturizer or foundation?

My guess would be Caramel or Tan (based on the LM website), but you can check Karla Sugar for swatches.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
elektra513 : Have you by any chance tried the silk creme foundation? If you have what's the colour you use? :) Since we are about the same colour!
greengrin.gif

I am looking on the LM website right now, and there are no dark shades for this product
ssad.gif
So to update you on this, I would not have a color to wear
nope.gif
For the Oil Free, though, I think it would be Toffee Bronze (that's the one I read that Tyra Banks has worn in the past)

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine817
has anyone try the brow gel definer ?

Yes, I like it alot, wish it came in more shades.

Has anyone tried City Pink blush?

gsbn

I found my perfect match in her TM (porcelain) and I love it so much. A true HG. Pricey but so worth it! I recently bought her cream blush in Oleander (a lovely mid-tone pink), and I am very impressed! It applies evenly, blends easily, and stays on for a long time. I also tried some eyeshadows and a powder blush, and the quality is really good.

I will definitely be trying more from this brand

elektra513

Can we get some more feedback on the LM brushes, please? I have been looking at a few to add to my collection and would like to know what the faves are, or if they are all great.

Thanks

MzzRach

I think the brushes in general are excellent quality (I own most of them) my faves:

Flat Eye Liner - perfect size for doing a precise tightline

Cheek Colour Brush - picks up pigment really well and it's not too big so colour can be built up if needed

Ponytail Brush - great for blending colour in the crease

Corner Eye Colour Brush - essential for more detailed eye work

Angled Eye Colour Brush - great blender - fits perfectly into the eye socket

Secret Camouflage Brush - excellent for applying concealer very precisely, especially high pigment concealers

I also really like the brushes made for creme eye colours - excellent with creamy shadows and liners, and the double ended brow brush is also great.

I think LM brushes are some of the best available - I've had most of mine for several years (for both personal use and in my pro kit) and they are as good as the day I got them.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I think the brushes in general are excellent quality (I own most of them) my faves:

Flat Eye Liner - perfect size for doing a precise tightline

Cheek Colour Brush - picks up pigment really well and it's not too big so colour can be built up if needed

Ponytail Brush - great for blending colour in the crease

Corner Eye Colour Brush - essential for more detailed eye work

Angled Eye Colour Brush - great blender - fits perfectly into the eye socket

Secret Camouflage Brush - excellent for applying concealer very precisely, especially high pigment concealers

I also really like the brushes made for creme eye colours - excellent with creamy shadows and liners, and the double ended brow brush is also great.

I think LM brushes are some of the best available - I've had most of mine for several years (for both personal use and in my pro kit) and they are as good as the day I got them.

Great! Thanks for your response
smiles.gif
I'll definitely pick some out then. I am looking at the fine point eyeliner brush, bronzer brush, crease brush, corner eye brush, and the cream colour brush

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
The Blue eye basic (eyebright) is a shadow primer. I also wear it alone because it blends into this really pretty pale blue on the lids and brightens the white of the eyes!

I must try this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Yes, I like it alot, wish it came in more shades.

Has anyone tried City Pink blush?

No, but I love her blushes in general. The eyeshadows are so pigmented, but I try to stick to palettes to get more bang for my buck.

I know this is a makeup forum but I love the perfume line! Foody/Gormand heaven!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayteex023
Anyone tried the new Creme Smooth foundation? I really want to get it but there has been such little talk/reviews of it.

I got a sample (a very generous one, might I add) of this about 2 weeks ago. It's very very lightweight on the skin. Reminded me of the MAC Mineralize Compact foundation in terms of consistency, but whipped. I can't see it ever being cakey, if that makes sense. The color match was pretty good when I first tried it, but I haven't worn it out in daylight yet to double-check. For $50, I think it'd be worth it, since you need very very little amounts. Medium coverage, I'd say.

HTH
smiles.gif

xKiKix

i have tried her tm, and i gotta it is great but i do believe that since it is a shade darker than what i actually am it doesn't really look too natural on me. but it was part of a free gift from sephora.

i also love her velour puff, it makes the powder apply so easily and flawlessly onto my skin.

shimmergrass

i would highly recommend their mineral powder. it is soooooooooo much better than bare minerals. it blends into skin beautifully.
it is my perfect just slap and go foundation.

love it!
smiles.gif

slowdownbaby

I would love to try their Mineral powder foundation, but here in Portugal Laura Mercier isn't available, and her site doesn't ship to Europe as well, does any of you girls know an online store that sells LM products and ships internationally? I would be so grateful :)

loveoontherocks

i just purchased the mineral foundation during Sephora's friends and family sale! I'm waiting until I use up the rest of my current powder foundation but I can't wait to try Laura Mercier's foundation =D

ansimi

I'm just getting in to Laura Mercier and I think it's a great brand:) The pricing in Canada puts a lot of the products right up with brands like Chanel and Dior that seem more luxurious to me so I'm being very selective with what I buy but I've been happy with all my purchases.

The brushes I've bought are fantastic! I have the flat liner, smokey eye, and creme shadow brushes which are all synthetic and fill in gaps in my mostly-MAC brush collection.

I'm using the flat liner brush with Chanel cake liner now but I'll try the LM cake liner when the time comes. With cake liner, it really works better than the MAC 212 which I will now dedicate to using with Fluidlines.

I'm using the smokey eye brush nearly every day and loving it more and more. It works great for applying or blending gel and pencil liners.

I've been using a lot of creme shadows lately so I invested in the creme shadow brush. When I was just using cremes as a base or all-over wash, I could use my finger or a flat brush like the MAC 242 but this brush is great if I want to use a creme shadow as a crease colour or intensify a colour on part of the lid. It works well with my MUFE Aqua Cream which sets so quickly that I need to work fast so I don't get blotchy application. I haven't bought a LM creme shadow yet but I'm eyeing them.

shimmershadow

I am in love with the tinted moisturizer, its amazing! I also am a fan of pretty much all of their concealers. Great line for face things.

ansimi

What I didn't like about the tinted moisturizer was that I absolutely had to set it with powder or it would transfer and move all over the place. I know the line is known for it's powder so maybe she makes her other products that way on purpose? I often find I need to blow my nose after I do my eye makeup and that would be enough to completely ruin the TM if I hadn't powdered yet!

sujusarangx3

If you could choose one thing from LM that is a MUST have, what would you choose? I haven't bought anything from LM yet but I've been hearing beauty gurus raving about this brand so I'm curious to try it out.. But the prices are outrageous! My mentality was always, might as well buy Chanel or Dior if I'm spending that much money. But since there's so much hype about LM, I thought I'd give it a try.

Latest posts