Laura Mercier Discussion

Miss QQ

I just bought the powder fan brush and the secret brightening powder. Haven't try them yet, but I plan to use the powder mainly under my eyes. I hope I don't draw more attention to my dark circles with the shimmering powder.

cutemiauw

Checking in to this discussion... I haven't tried much of LM products... was hooked with the Spring 2012 collection, which has the Innocent Peach creme blush. I had dry cheeks on late winter and was looking for a creme blush. This one is so pretty! It's kind of like Nars Gina, but in a more subtle cream version. My winter skin loves it so much!

Was thinking of getting the Tinted Moisturizer too... do you guys think it's worth the price? Over here (due to the Euro/$ conversion and import tax) it's more expensive than the Armani/Chanel Foundation.

Miss QQ

^^ That is expensive! Over here the TM is about $20 less than Chanel foundation. I'm unsure about the TM too, the SPF20 is too low for my comfort to step out of my house without sunblock over. But I don't think I can put sunblock over or under it.

cutemiauw

^^ Yikes! Okay, then I think I'll stick to my Armani.
About the SPF: the SA gave a me a generous sample of the Oil Free TM, and I tried mixing it with La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF50. It works fine on my skin that way... I also read it somewhere a long time ago on the LM website that you can actually mix them with a higher SPF for summer.

Monsy

I wrote a short review on a Radiance primer. I am not sure if i am allowed to post a link?

jjjenko

Does anyone have a leaking problem with the tinted moisturizer packaging. Mine keeps leaking, what have you guys done to fix this. I've had two tubes and they have both been the same. Once I took it with me on a flight... wow all bad it just kind of exploded everywhere!

mac_aiken

Had a tight-lining lesson with a LM MUA. My friend just became a LM counter manager and she invited me to meet w/one of their artists. I love the look! I also picked up a couple of pieces of from the new fall collection. I got the burgundy mascara and Organza n/p. So gorgeous!

nunu

I caved and bought their oil free tinted moisturiser in the shade Caramel. I'm NC42 in MAC foundations.

laursbeauty

I recently bought the oil free tinted moisturizer and a lip glace in Camellia. I absolutely ADORE the lip gloss, it's got such amazing pigment for a lipgloss and doesn't feel sticky at all on the lips. As for the tinted moisturizer, I was a bit let down, especially because of all the hype it gets! I found it wasn't that moisturizing (says an oily skinned gal) and you really have to blend it to get it to look good. And it melts off my skin waaay too easily. I dunno, I'm still on the fence about it.

Sugar & Spice

I didn't like the Tinted Moisturizer either when I got a sample months ago. I picked up the 2 eyeshadows today in Kir Royal & Gilt. I took the last Gilt so it must be pretty popular...

BriarRose

I've never tried the makeup, but the oil-free eye makeup remover is awesome!

I have really sensitive eyes, and every other brand of remover I had tried made them burn. LM's doesn't bother me at all, and gets my makeup off really easily, no matter what type it is. Love it.

xbuttonsx

Let's see if I can revive this tread... What did everybody grab from the holiday collection? Thoughts on spring?

Dominique33

We don't have Laura Mercier here but I love the brand and the Arabesque collection. The eyepalette is so soft and pastel just beautiful and classy. I hope it will be available on Harrods.
I also love the lipstick and other items. Sad it's only available in Paris ! This is a smart brand, I'd like to try their bath products, look very good too.

Shypo

I love the Illuminating TM - it gives my face a gorgeous glow (and I always use sunscreen in the morning underneath it). It's more of a spring/summer product for me, though, since I prefer more coverage in the winter. I also really, really like the creme smooth foundation - my only challenge is that I have to mix 2 colors to get a good shade for me. But it's a great foundation.

I also have the Secret Brightening Powder (also use the fan brush for it) and have been enjoying Gilded Bronze from the holiday collection.

My other 'year-round' favorites are the gel lipsticks - I have all of the colors and backups of a couple
girlhaha.gif

I'm not sure I'm 'feeling' the spring collection - - I want to see it in-person before I decide.

Hi Cutie!! I love your new avatar!!!
pretty.gif

xbuttonsx

Her new lipsticks are AMAZING. I could see myself getting every color of them. The spring palette has caught my eye. I'm interested on how they swatch wet.

carvedwords

I'm absolutely in LOVE with the radiance primer, tinted moisturizer, and secret brightening powder!!! I can't live without any of these products. I want to try the illuminating tinted moisturizer once I'm done with the regular one.

Icecaramellatte

I stopped at the counter to check out the new Folklore collection. I ended up getting a shadow and a few other things. But that bronzer/blush thing looked so weird swatched on my hand that I'm quite curious about it now. It was brown but seemed like it ad a gray tone on my skin. I don't think it would work on me but now I'm curious how this is used. I guess I'll search for swatches but this line doesn't seem as popular with bloggers and the like.

Latest posts