Least Fav. E/S & Pigment

Shannyn

Out of all of the eyeshadows and pigments of mac which would you say was your least favorite from each:

For me.....

Eyeshadow:
Jasmine- When I bought it I thought it was going to be such a pretty color on me but when I applied it to my eyes it looked horrible on me.

Pigment:
Rose- When I tested it in the store it looked pretty in my hand but it made my eyes look very weird. I didn't really like how it came out on me.

selina

E/S - Au Contraire -- I looked like I got punched in the eye

Pigment - Fairylite, what was the point of this? It didn't show up on my skin. And I'd have to agree with Rose -- ICK, I wanted to like this sooo much but it I don't know, it's a weird color to describe.

Shawna

e/s: plum from madame b - so pretty to look at, but the colour does not show up on me no matter what I do. It ends up looking like mud.

pigment: rose definitely. I so wanted this, but it just flakes off my eyes and makes me look like I've been crying.

Lo-Fi_Thriller

Eyeshadows: i cant stand Vellum, Soft Brown, any nutral Matte Brown really, except concrete which i use on my brows.

Pigment: i agree about Fairylite, it sucks ass, it dosent show up on me and im pretty pale, its like a dying wilted pink with some kind of sparkles. i had a sample of the old Fairylite and i liked it and i bought the new one and it sucks ass.

roxybc

Eye Shadow: Jewel Blue - ick! I hate it with a passion, I've tried and tried to get it to work, and it just doesn't show up AT ALL! The formula is horrible, and goes on very uneven on me.

Pigment: Out of the few I have, it's got to be Blue Brown. I'm so fair skinned and blonde that it looks like I have bruised eyes when I wear it. all you notice is the reddish brown color. I seriously look like a crack whore when I wear this!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

user2

Eyeshadow:
Chrome Yellow - I cant work any matte for me...it looks boring and sheer and I'm not sad about it getting discontinued

Pigment:
Frost...I look like I rushed into a blizzard...and its so not that kind of pigment I wanted it to be!!

Cruella

I hate Mulch e/s. It is always recommended to me because I have greenish eyes but the red in it makes my eyes look so tired and ill.

My least favorite pigment is Kitschmas. It is just too light and glittery.

Sushi_Flower

Ohno, i looked at Pigments for the 1st time today and only liked Rose and want to buy it. Why is it so bad? On my hand it looked pinky/gold?

thegirlgotsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo-Fi_Thriller
Eyeshadows: i cant stand Vellum...

Aw. I just bought Vellum today and I tried it out paired over Felt Blue and I LOOOVE it.

Jillith

most hated shadows: I totally agree about jasmine and jewel blue. So ugly on me.

most hated pigment: dark soul. talcy and gritty. not eye safe. what the hell am i supposed to do with it?

litlaur

Shadow: Any lustre really. Swimming was the most disappointing.

Pigment: Teal because it's not eyesafe, yet it looks great.
ssad.gif

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Ohno, i looked at Pigments for the 1st time today and only liked Rose and want to buy it. Why is it so bad? On my hand it looked pinky/gold?

Its texture is similar to lustre e/s and it just doesn't want to stay on my skin. It is beautiful on the back of my hand, but on my eyes, yuck. I look like I have been crying, and it flakes off. I have tried it over paints, and shadesticks, and urban decay primer potion, but no luck. That being said, I absolutely love it as a sparkley blush, and maybe it would work on you. Try asking for a sample of it, or get an MA to apply some on you. Then you can see how it lasts. HTH.

Jessica

Not sure if you ladies have tried applying Rose wet on top of paint (i use bare canvas) but it says on well for me. I dunno, maybe I'm weird

MacLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
**hides and whispers**I love all of my shadows and pigments

So do I!

I always make them try the eyeshadow on me before I buy it. I don't want to go through the hassel of having to bring it back.

MACForME

Hmmpff..
I loved GLEAM e/s when i bought it, but to use it at home? UGH! Some of those lustre shadows end up ON MY FACE, and streak on the eye. I am trying to use a CCB under it and its then TOO much.

pigment- silver.. wayyy tooo much

glamella

Pink Bronze pigment is neither pink nor bronze. I was really disappointed becaus ewhen it's on, it looks nothing like what it does in the jar.

Satin Taupe makes me look like I have a bruised eye.