Les Beiges - 2014 Collection

cpena78

Thank you for the review! Do you think it gives more of a glow than the regular les Beiges powder? Thanks:)
On a quick break from work....  I picked up both LE powders from this collection.  Today I tried using 01 on my cheeks today & haven't played with 02 yet. Pros: buildable, nice glowy look (like Urban State posted pic) when built up, not ashy or heavy looking when built up, and same quality as other les beiges powders Cons: very very light, needs many layers to see noticeable color (I stopped counting at 4 passes), and probably only for the very fair Overall I really like the look that I got once I applied several layers of this product on my cheeks.  However I will use up this product quickly b/c of the amount of product that I need to apply to see any noticeable color. Probably not a must have, but I am going to keep it.

elegant-one

Here is my take on the Le Beiges in 02. Very creamy soft texture. I'm guessing the bronze shade is probably 40. Highlight very subtle glow. The darker blush shade in my opinion is a Rose Bronze shade, does not apply as dark as it appears in the pan. Honestly think it gives that neutral flush, like I've been in the sun. I have applied this one time using 3 strips of color individually and another time blending together as blush. I must say I was pretty impressed. This paired with the new liquid I think may be gorgeous.

For color reference. I am BR 42 with Chanel. When I used Mac years ago, I believe I was Nw20. Do not be afraid of this, I really think anyone could use this. It definitely does not apply as dark as it looks. It reminds me of accent tone wise, without the glow, maybe softer?? That nice no makeup look.

Okay, done rambling. Hope this helps
Thanks so much for posting this.

Haven

Thank you for the review! Do you think it gives more of a glow than the regular les Beiges powder? Thanks:)
I ended up applying a little NARS Hot Sand as a highlight along with this powder to get the effect that I wanted. There is a little sheen in the 01, but I wanted more of a dramatic effect. It did not have the same degree of glow as a typical highlighter by any means, but it was more brightening on the cheeks as compared to regular les beiges. The color lasted all day for me - from about 6:30 am until now.

Hopefully this makes sense. Sorry if I am rambling. I had a very hard day at work & am tired. I plan to try 02 tomorrow.

Bonitinha

Oh my, I cannot believe she is going to be 15 already. Nah, I'd let her try the high end ones
lol.gif
It will be interesting to see what she gravitates toward as she gets older. Maybe she'll just 'borrow' yours.

yeah, just take a look at the Dior even though you are hopelessly a Chanel addict
friends.gif
Oh yes, she already does borrow some of my stuff! haha

Oh my word, I forgot to tell you this -- when I was checking out on Chanel.com, I checked the box again to get the special gift box (instead of the bag) -- and I didn't get the box. Second time they've done this, so classic lol Oh, Chanel . . . get your website together!!

I will definitely check out Dior next time I'm over by the counter!!

elegant-one

Oh yes, she already does borrow some of my stuff! haha

Oh my word, I forgot to tell you this -- when I was checking out on Chanel.com, I checked the box again to get the special gift box (instead of the bag) -- and I didn't get the box. Second time they've done this, so classic lol Oh, Chanel . . . get your website together!!

I will definitely check out Dior next time I'm over by the counter!!
Oh no not again! You should call them about the missing boxes, maybe they'll send you a bunch of them
greengrin.gif

Hopefully she gives it back when she's done ;)

I still haven't ordered the stripey powder.

User38

Oh no not again! You should call them about the missing boxes, maybe they'll send you a bunch of them
greengrin.gif

Hopefully she gives it back when she's done ;)

I still haven't ordered the stripey powder.

I saw stripe powder and was not impressed.. dunno. It seemed a bit chalky.. but maybe it was the wine.. lol

going to hit the sack since I am overdue.. nite nite

xoxox

Mybootsareheavy

I'm curious to see how these compare to the Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzers in Sable Rose and Sable Beige from a few years back. I loved those. I'm still iffy about these, they seem super nice, but not like must haves or anything. Will continue to wait for a few more reviews before I decide.
amuse.gif

cpena78

I ended up applying a little NARS Hot Sand as a highlight along with this powder to get the effect that I wanted.  There is a little sheen in the 01, but I wanted more of a dramatic effect.  It did not have the same degree of glow as a typical highlighter by any means, but it was more brightening on the cheeks as compared to regular les beiges.  The color lasted all day for me - from about 6:30 am until now. Hopefully this makes sense.  Sorry if I am rambling.  I had a very hard day at work & am tired.  I plan to try 02 tomorrow.
Thank you so much! I just saw this:) it makes perfect sense, and you weren't rambling at all! That's exactly what I wanted to know....I don't have the original Les Beiges, and wasn't sure which I should get but I definitely want the one that's most glowy:) I know exactly what you mean about work...it's been a hectic fee weeks for me. I hope you're having better days now. Let me know what you think about 02 when you get a chance. Thanks!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I ordered the powder today.
sigh.gif
Pricey... I hope it's worth it. I also bought the brush, haven't used it yet, but OMG it's so soft, I can't wait to use the powder with it.

Medgal07

I ordered the powder today.
sigh.gif
Pricey... I hope it's worth it. I also bought the brush, haven't used it yet, but OMG it's so soft, I can't wait to use the powder with it.
Awesome haul Naynadine!!!! I hope you love it & the brush. I've only used the brush a few times because it so incredibly dense & takes a bit to dry---typically overnight,
from a brush drying rack.

Timmi

I've been using N01 (chanel.com) for about a week now and I'm pleased. I use the top part as highlighter. I also swirl all around and use the combination as a finishing powder/touch up. Thinking of getting N02 also but they're not available at counters yet. I wonder when.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Awesome haul Naynadine!!!! I hope you love it & the brush. I've only used the brush a few times because it so incredibly dense & takes a bit to dry---typically overnight,
from a brush drying rack.
Thank you, Medgal! It was a splurge for me, but I haven't bought any Chanel in a while and I was really looking forward to this collection. I already washed the brush and I agree, it takes pretty long to dry. Dense synthetic brushes seem to take the longest.

Dragonetta

Today I bought the darkest shade (02). I'm now on my palest and I'm NC20/Vita Lumiere Aqua B10 at the moment and it's pretty sheer so I think it looks really nice, even though I have a paler skin. I use it as a bronzer.

The swatches are made in (cloudy) daylight.

Timmi

Today I bought the darkest shade (02). I'm now on my palest and I'm NC20/Vita Lumiere Aqua B10 at the moment and it's pretty sheer so I think it looks really nice, even though I have a paler skin. I use it as a bronzer.

The swatches are made in (cloudy) daylight.
Thanks for the pics. Ah, I can't wait to see N02 in person!

Miss QQ

I saw the strips powders. 01 blended is like my skin colour, while 02 is a bronzer. Very pretty. I can use the peachy pink of 01 as a blusher but I think it is hard to pick it up and layer. I have decided to pass them. The good news is that they are not as expensive as the limited edition highlighters.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Not sure if its already been posted? I found another review of the Les Beiges fluid:

http://imabeautygeek.com/2014/03/06/chanel-les-beiges-healthy-glow-multi-colour-powder-and-fluid/#axzz31cZ1wVKb

In regards to how I'm feeling about it (been wearing it the past two days) I really like it; it's light, moisturizing (but not so emollient that it makes me appear oily/greasy in any way) and is definitely illuminating (there's light shimmer ((subtle like mica, I suppose?)) particles in the fluid that creates a gorgeous finish.

Only thing that's got me uncertain is the color. Once again, I suspect the darkest shade will be regarded as too light for women NC 50 (my color) and up. But, here's the thing... this stuff is quite sheer and SO blendable, I'm starting to wonder if its purpose is like the one stated in the review I linked above. In every single way it appears too light for me, but I blend it into my skin and it disappears. It leaves my skin looking luminous and somewhat even, but I can't say that's due to the color but moreso the finish of the product. I've taken pictures and I don't see any apparent "ashyness" or chalkiness. On me, it seems to blend in so invisibly that it seems like it would be meant to layer with other products; however, I'm certain it would work nicely on its own for many as well, especially those who can find a perfect match in the shade dept.

Latest posts