Let's Reminisce...

Renee73

I am a MAC newbie, I recently purchased shroom, naked lunch and sable. I love all 3. Just wanted to get some ideas, when you first started out what were the first eyeshadows you purchased and why?

Fizzymartini

My very firstest shadows were Shroom (because most Specktrites seem ot love it as a basic highlighter), Expensive Pink (just because the MA recommended it!) and Swimming (because it makes a kick-ass liner!). Then about 3 hours after leaving I doubled back and bought Mulch as well
smiles.gif

tinagrzela

My very first eyeshadow was Swish, and it's still my favorite e/s. I can mix it up with so many different colors!

moonrevel

Swish and Creme de Violet...I got them when the MAC counter first opened here in 2000 and the MA gave me a makeover in pinky shades.

Jennifer Mcfly

My first MAC shadows were a gift, a quad with Melton Mauve, Silly Goose, Orange & Chrome Yellow!!! I love them all except silly goose, it just didn't show up on me so I sold it. I replaced it with Bitter and I love it!!
smiles.gif

I have the three shadows as well that you bought and love those so much too!!

colormust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzymartini
My very firstest shadows were Shroom (because most Specktrites seem ot love it as a basic highlighter), Expensive Pink (just because the MA recommended it!) and Swimming (because it makes a kick-ass liner!). Then about 3 hours after leaving I doubled back and bought Mulch as well
smiles.gif

i have never used swimming as a liner before...i am going to have to try this tonight....

Bexx

\My first shadows were Yogurt & Lyric. Why? COs thats what the MU used on me in my makeover.
I havent toughed them in years. And I bought them in 93 IIRC

melozburngr

My first MAC purchase was at the Vegas Pro Store (didnt know it at the time- I wasn't obsessed until AFTER I got back to MI) and I bought Melody e/s and #12 lashes... I bought Melody cuz the MA used it on me in my makeover.. and the lashes too, they are both super cool
smiles.gif
That was in jan of 2005, and now I have 45+ e/s 8 f/l, 20 l/s and the list goes on... the collection grew quick thanks to the girls here at Specktra lol

Isis

Sprout and Pink Freeze
greengrin.gif
at least I think it was Pink Freeze, whatever it was it was pink and frosty lol
Why? b/c I love color!

michy_mimi

I don't have to think back too far...just a few weeks!
smiles.gif
My first MAC eyeshadow purchase was aquadisiac and leisure time.

mspixieears

Probably when the veluxe pearls first came out - that really piqued my interest. But also veluxes. I think I got Mink Pink & Velvet Moss. From the veluxe pearls, Beautiful Iris. I used to use Freshwater & Plum Dressing heaps more - those were definitely among my first purchases. I tend to prefer bright, vibrant colours - it was only when I started really getting into MAC that I started to appreciate neutrals and warmer colours, like Sumptuous Olive & the Sweet Tea quad.

Sorry for the essay!

Brianne

My first eyeshadow purchases were last February - I bought Plum and Moth Brown e/s, from the Madame B collection.
smiles.gif
I love MB. Plum is a nice color, but the pigment is kind of lacking.