Let's try this...

user4

Ok, so I'm going to jump on the fitness bandwaggon... I feel so lost so maybe someone around here can help me out. So I'm technically on weight watchers but I haven't been going to the meetings. I am not going to share my weight because... we cuz I'm not... lmao. But I will say that I would like to lose about 30-35 lbs. I havent set a date yet but eh.

My goals for this week: lose 2-3 lbs and go to the gym at least 3 times...

So for me, this is how it's gonna work. This is gonna be like a work out and food journal. I will write what I eat and what kind of work out and for how long I do it... Hopefully I can keep some kind of control over what I am doing or not doing...

user4

Ok so far today...

breakfast: cereal and skim milk (2 pts)
2 cups of water (i need to drink more water)
snack: 1/2 bag of lays light chips (1 pt)
about 4 cups water
lunch: lentil soup (3 pts)
greek salad (3 pts)
2 cups water
snack: small piece of pound cake (2 pts)
i cup strawberries (1pt)
2 cups water
dinner: spagetti squash with light butter (1 pt)
mixed veggies stir fried in 1 tsp OO (1pt)
dessert: 1/2 cup ice cream (3 pts)

17 pts total... i need to get my pts up... hmmm...

lovemichelle

good luck.

my mother did weight watchers. i would go to the meetings with here and those things were boring. i used to leave and get pizza then come back.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
i would go to the meetings with here and those things were boring. i used to leave and get pizza then come back.

Wow, that's motivational...ha.

Jennifer Mcfly

As for Sxychicka1014, Weight Watchers is great if you stick to it. I've never done it, but have had friends and family who have and they've all had great results. One of my friends is 24 and she lost about 40lbs! She went off Weight Watchers for about 2 years and has only gained back 20. Of course, she's back on it now
smiles.gif

Other then losing the weight, it teaches you about portion control and since you can eat most anything you are not depriving yourself. You learn how to moderate and that will last a lifetime whether you stay on Weight Watchers or not.
Good Luck Sweetie!!!! We're all rooting for ya
greengrin.gif

Shawna

I've seen your pics and you do not look overweight to me. You're gorgeous! Anyhow, the real key is portion control and calories in must be equal to calories out. Simple. These crazy fad diets may work for a while but it really is just a matter of balance. Weight watchers is one of the best out there, and I like that it practices good healthy eating. I know you'll do great
smiles.gif

user4

thanks for the support guys!!! haha, u guys are gonna know everything i eat... haha... funny

user4

Ok, this is today's list:

breakfast: frosted mini wheats and coffee (1 pt)
2 cups of water
snack: 1 piece of chocolate (2 pts)
2 cups of water
lunch: veggies and a rice cake (2 pt)
a bottle of diet pepsi
snack: grapefruit (1 pt)
2 cups of water
dinner: 1 cup wheat pasta (4 pts)
marinara sauce (1 pt)

total: 11 pts

so far i havent gone to the gym... i guess my 3 times will have to start tomorrow!!! ugh. im so freaking lazy!!!

user4

breakfast: plum (all i had time for in the morning) (1pt)
lunch: swiss cheese sandwich with lettuce n tomatoe (4 pts)
snack: popcorn (2pts)
dinner: potato with marinera sauce and PS mozarella cheese and parm cheese (7 points)
salad with oil and vinegar (1 pt)
snack: rice cake with cream cheese and jelly (3 pts)
nuts (4 pts)

22 pts

user4

BTW, lost 4 lbs this week! whoot!!!

breakfast: bread with a slice of LF cheese (2 pts)
FF milk (2 pts)
snack: small piece of banana nut muffin (2 pts)
lunch: egg salad with FF mayo with lettuce and tomatoes (2 pts)
5 fried (1 pt)
some LF columbo frozen yogurt (2 pts)
snack: 1/2 bag of lays light chips (1pt)
1 WW chocolate (1 pt)
dinner: lentil soup (2 pts)
grilled swiss sandwich (2 pts)
salad (0 pts)
dessert: some WW desert (3 pts)
snack: rice cake and jelly (2 pts)

(damn im eating super bad today... ugh)

22 pts total

user4

breakfast: oatmean (2 pts)
snack: 2 M&m almonds (1 pt)
lunch: salad with dressing (1 pt)
2 cups oranges ( 2 pts)
grilled cheese (6 pts)
1 chocolate (1 pt)- i am sooooo in a chocolate mood today
snack: 1 chocolate (1 pt)
WW dessert (3 pts)
dinner: veggie burger on pita (???)
about 10 fries (soooo bad they made me sick!!!) (???)
whipped cream: 2 pts
19+dinner...

koolmnbv

I think your doing great, I am 20yrs old and I am constantly battling the bulge I go up and down between 115-140 all the time(currently130). Literally like a yo yo and I wish I would have done weight watchers in the very beginning before all the "fad" diets that I have now tried.I am just now starting to get my weight stabilized after about 3 years of trying everything. Also I had a friend 25yrs old now,and she did weight watchers she went from 185 down to 125 in about 8 or 9 months..she stuck to it pretty strict but she never went to meetings(just weigh ins) because she thought the meetings were to boring.She exercised moderately but nothing over the top or extreme. But that was about 5 years ago and now she goes back and forth with like 5-10lbs and when she starts to gain she goes back into like mini weight watchers mode for like a few weeks and then it's gone again. By mini weight watchers mode I mean she doesn't re-join or anything she just kinda guesstimates her points and like eats the meals for a few weeks. She was at her heaviest and then she lost all the weight and since then she has had a baby gained about 40lbs in her pregnancy and that came off within like 2 or 3 months after the baby was born. She swears by it because it's flexible where if you want to eat something overly fattening or indulging you can but you just have to watch your other point intake for that day. She doesn't even look like that same person(she was beautiful before) but now you truthfully cannot believe it's the same person or body. She also feels so much better and has much more self confidence which is the most important thing. Just thought I'd tell you all this..maybe it will help keep you motivated. Just keep your goal in the back of your mind, take it 1 day at a time and don't stress over it (i think stress holds weight) You will lose it all in time, and once you get to your goal you will be so proud of yourself and so will all of us at Specktra!!
P.S- you should also post bi-monthly or monthly pics. You will love it when ppl can start to notice!
Also sorry for such a long post!

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
I think your doing great, I am 20yrs old and I am constantly battling the bulge I go up and down between 115-140 all the time(currently130). Literally like a yo yo and I wish I would have done weight watchers in the very beginning before all the "fad" diets that I have now tried.I am just now starting to get my weight stabilized after about 3 years of trying everything. Also I had a friend 25yrs old now,and she did weight watchers she went from 185 down to 125 in about 8 or 9 months..she stuck to it pretty strict but she never went to meetings(just weigh ins) because she thought the meetings were to boring.She exercised moderately but nothing over the top or extreme. But that was about 5 years ago and now she goes back and forth with like 5-10lbs and when she starts to gain she goes back into like mini weight watchers mode for like a few weeks and then it's gone again. By mini weight watchers mode I mean she doesn't re-join or anything she just kinda guesstimates her points and like eats the meals for a few weeks. She was at her heaviest and then she lost all the weight and since then she has had a baby gained about 40lbs in her pregnancy and that came off within like 2 or 3 months after the baby was born. She swears by it because it's flexible where if you want to eat something overly fattening or indulging you can but you just have to watch your other point intake for that day. She doesn't even look like that same person(she was beautiful before) but now you truthfully cannot believe it's the same person or body. She also feels so much better and has much more self confidence which is the most important thing. Just thought I'd tell you all this..maybe it will help keep you motivated. Just keep your goal in the back of your mind, take it 1 day at a time and don't stress over it (i think stress holds weight) You will lose it all in time, and once you get to your goal you will be so proud of yourself and so will all of us at Specktra!!
P.S- you should also post bi-monthly or monthly pics. You will love it when ppl can start to notice!
Also sorry for such a long post!

i was thinking about that actually... the pic thing that is... i think i might start.... but i feel so fat i dont wanna post full body pics... lmao! im such a loser!!!

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
Wow, that's motivational...ha.

i was really skinny so i felt outta place there.. they looked like they didnt want me there so i would leave and just stay for the end with my mom. she was the only one losing weight.

oh and i did try the whole points thing once.. i would take whatever points they allowed me and reduced it and would add points to what i ate so it added up quicker and i ended up losing like 8 pounds the first week and 5 the next. after that i didnt wanna it no more or else i woulda disappeared.

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminious
i was really skinny so i felt outta place there.. they looked like they didnt want me there so i would leave and just stay for the end with my mom. she was the only one losing weight.

oh and i did try the whole points thing once.. i would take whatever points they allowed me and reduced it and would add points to what i ate so it added up quicker and i ended up losing like 8 pounds the first week and 5 the next. after that i didnt wanna it no more or else i woulda disappeared.

that actually screws up ur system... the whole point system works supposedly so that u can continue to lose weight... say u start off with 22 points and then when u hit a certain weight (i think 150) u go down to 20 points, it encourages weight loss... but if u start off and ur supposed to have 22 points but only eat about 16-17 u'll lose fast in the beginning but then ur gonne hit a plateau really quickly because it's really unhealthy to eat so little and u cant go under say 15 points or something and stay healthy... so if all u wanted to lost was like 13 lbs and u were set in 2 weeks then ok, but for people who are in it for the longer run (like i wanna lost about 30) i cant do something like that... cuz once u hit a plateau.... u get kind of unmotivated and quit (which i did the first time around last year and gained a lot of weight back cuz i was like fuck it) and its cuz i did that too... i would eat VERY little points and lost like 20 lbs but then didnt lose a single ounce in like a month and 1/2 and i was eating sooo little that i was like WTF...

user4

ok so i havent posted my food ini a couple days... mostly cuz i felt soooo guilty about eating sooo much this past weekend and gaining a pound... ugh. it was my mom's bday and we had a party for her with LOTS of food and LOTS of alcohol... so i'm gonna forget about all that and start over today.... no more leftovers... lol

breakfast: fiber1 cereal and 1/2 glass milk (2 pts)
snack: about 3-4 tater tots, coffe with a bit of milk, rice cake with a bit of jelly (5 pts)
lunch: salad with 2 oz cheese and dressing and a kiwi (4 points)

mspixieears

Birthdays are BAD that way. Especially because a lot of people take offence if you don't eat at their function etc.

But don't be discouraged hon! I'm just reading through your progress and it sounds like you've been doing really well. Sure there'll be slight hiccups along the way, but I think you're very on track! Not that I thought you need to lose or anything
smiles.gif

Just wanting to cheer you on!

user4

ugh im becoming lazy......

today....
breakfast: cereal and milk (2) and tea (0)
snack: cofee with milk and rice cake with jelly (2)
lunch: lentil soup and green salad with oil and vinegar (5)

Latest posts