Lime Crime Lipstick

leonah

yess this helps a lot! can you think of other comparable formulas in terms of how dry or comfortable it feels on the lips? I'm a little cautious about ordering LL's online. Though I do have a wide variety, DOC and JS are my faves but I also have Stila, KVD, The Balm, Black Moon Cosmetics, ABH, etc.

I wish I could help you with the formula comparisons but I don't have a lot of liquid lipsticks basically only LC, ABH, JSC and sephoras own. I usually only wear regular lipsticks so I'm not that experienced with liquid ones.

I think someone else who is more experienced with all the different liquid lipstick brands can tell instead of me :)

Shars

yess this helps a lot! can you think of other comparable formulas in terms of how dry or comfortable it feels on the lips? I'm a little cautious about ordering LL's online. Though I do have a wide variety, DOC and JS are my faves but I also have Stila, KVD, The Balm, Black Moon Cosmetics, ABH, etc.

Lauren... Lime crime's formula is probably the thinnest of the lot I've tried. It is somewhat close to the DOC one but I don't feel like I need to build up the Limecrime one as much as I do with DOC. Stila, KVD, Sephora, etc. are more creamy liquid lipstick formulas whereas Limecrime's is more liquid... like more runny. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's also similar to Colourpop's. It is a formula that clings - gives you that clingfilm feeling which some people may interpret as drying but I don't find they are drying on my lips. I also get great wear time from them! I must say though that the formula varies from tube to tube and batch to batch. My newer ones are a thicker formula than my older ones. Hope this helps.

Bubek07

i got my first velevtine the other day, i bought beet it.
i am very disappointed. the colour is gorgeous, but as mentioned above the formula is somewhat watery & thin, when it dries its uber sticky
and the biggest down part is the fact that it holds only 2,6ml. whereas KVD had the 6,6ml and JS has 5,6ml
and all 3 brands are at the same price point
so i think this will be my only velvetine

leonah

I don't find it sticky at all. and I actually like the thin formula rather than thicker ones at least it's very opaque in one thin layer but I think it's a personal preference on what type of formula everyone likes. but yes it is expensive for the amount that you get :( I prefer more ml in my liquid lipsticks and regular lipsticks overall

Sabrunka

I don't find it sticky at all either! The key is to make sure that your lips underneath aren't wet or too balmy, and also to apply a thin coat with no more coats on top! That can cause stickiness and flaking. Thankfully I don't use my products all too often so the ml amount isnt a huge deal to me!

Shars

I don't find it sticky at all either! The key is to make sure that your lips underneath aren't wet or too balmy, and also to apply a thin coat with no more coats on top! That can cause stickiness and flaking. Thankfully I don't use my products all too often so the ml amount isnt a huge deal to me!

Like you and Leonah, I don't find it sticky either. Actually it's one of the plusses of the formula. Although I like them, both KVDs and Stilas are sticky on me... they never fully dry. As with all LLs, you can't over apply these. If you do they will mostly crumble or crack. I don't care about the amount you get... these will last a long time.

That said, Beet It is a new shade. I really hope they didn't mess with the formula again!

Kaidan

A friend of mine gave me a blue Velvetine called Peacock because she would never wear it but kept the other two that came from a trio package. I never thought I'd own a Lime Crime product because of Xenia's shadiness dating back from the livejournal days but here I am with the Peacock that my friend gifted me and a Pink Velvet that I ordered from Dolls Kill. (╥_╥) I'm disappointed about the product amount and wasn't surprised about Lime Crime's usual off descriptions, but I have to admit that they are worth the hype. Shars' description about the formula is true and exactly what it is. I'm so glad that none of the two velvetines dried out my lips, but they do leave a stain which I don't mind. Pink Velvet is very bright, vibrant, and it lasted about four hours (I don't really care if a product lasts long or not as long as they don't feather or bleed) before it started to fade on my bottom lip. Peacock is a nice blue that also lasted about four hours and left a stain on my lips. I might buy Faded, Pumpkin, Wicked, and Polly in the future but not from Lime Crime's site. ಠ_ಠ

nt234

I'm loving the latest Velvetine shades as well as the Venus 2 palette, but I can wait a while until another sale (for the palette at least) rolls around. lol

iqaganda

My husband told me to get what I wanted for a post valentines' day present and I got six velvetines to try on! Yay! I'm so excited to get them. :)

Sabrunka

If anyone got the true love trio and doesnt want their saint or cupid, I will buy it off of you!! I want backups and I dont think limecrime will sell them separately once the set is gone :(

It's a shame that there is so much controversy behind the brand, because I absolutely love their Unicorn Lipsticks, their packaging and their overall imagery.
I now look to ebay to getting my lipsticks as I'm so scared to order from the website after the hacking fiasco :(
I mean just look at how lovely this is!

DSCN1534.jpg
DSCN1528.JPG

I should add that I am wearing Coquette.
It's amazing.
I want more of these lipsticks, however I'm not too bothered about the liquid lipsticks now that every brand is pretty much doing them in more wearable shades at a budget friendly price.
I'm trying to curb my spending habits :p I don't think it would work out well.

leonah

I should add that I am wearing Coquette.
It's amazing.
I want more of these lipsticks, however I'm not too bothered about the liquid lipsticks now that every brand is pretty much doing them in more wearable shades at a budget friendly price.
I'm trying to curb my spending habits :p I don't think it would work out well.

just so you know (or maybe you already know?) the unicorn lipsticks will be disc. soon

LiliV

Need it!

I do wish LC would release 'collections' of Velvetines instead of dropping one here, two there. Their shipping to Australia is reasonable, until you order 6-7 times a year and realise you've spent $100 on shipping. I'll try and wait on this one until they release something else I want.

Same, I'm in the US but I feel like I can't keep up with all their random one shade releases. It's been almost every 2 weeks it seems lol

Sabrunka

I got true love and Teddy Bear testerday

Annnnnd.... How was it?! You can't leave us hanging like that!! Lol, I'll be getting my Teddy Bears (I ordered two) and another True Love set either today or tomorrow, although it seems like tomorrow is more likely.

Bubek07

does anyone have this problem
my beet it velvetine is sticky as hell even when fully dired i can stick a paper tissue to it and it sticks so badly that i cant rly remove it

Latest posts