Lipliners

dreamer246

Hello peeps!

What are some must-have MAC lipliners (I have all shades of lipsticks)? Preferably the cremestick kind, as I prefer those.
smiles.gif

Thanks in advance.
winkiss.gif

ForgetRegret

I'm ridiculously in love with Smoothberry and Gingerroot. The first is the awesomest pink liner ever...and it looks totally hot all by itself, if you just fill in your lips and swipe a little gloss over it. ...and gingerroot is one of my fave neutral liners...HTH!
smiles.gif

Oh...and also, you MUST have Beet, Whirl, and Dervish.
greengrin.gif

kimmy

i'm going to go ahead and sticky this topic so that other members can also ask for lipliner suggestions and use this as quick reference.
smiles.gif

xmizlynnax

I haven't tried the cremestick liners yet but I don't wear lipliner a lot. I have one staple lip liner in Whirl. It is close to my natural lip color and does its job from keeping any lipstick or lip color from bleeding or feathering. I definitely recommend that one.
yes.gif

kathyp

Seconding Whirl. It's kind of like Spice, but pinker, closer to a natural lip color and goes with more lipsticks, I think.

redwhiteblue

I wasnt super impressed with macs liners but I really like naked by urban decay and if you are cool toned I recommend wicked. Cant wait to try wallflower

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
I'm having a lipliner rut at the moment. I've bought pretty much all of MACs regular pencil liners and realised that my favourite of them all is still Spice which is the first that I ever bought many years ago (in fact it was my first MAC purchase). It's really flattering on me and I have no idea why because my lips aren't that pigmented and it can look really 90's and orange on some people. Second to that I like Whirl which is a basic rose colour IMO.

But I feel like I'm in need of a mauve/dusty rose/plum colour (if I could describe it in blush terms, think NARS 'Sin' or MAC 'On A Mission').

I've checked the cremestick liners on the site and Plum Soft seems the closest in description to what I'm looking for (my local MAC doesn't seem to have testers for the cremesticks)...Any opinions/recs?

Whatever brand, I'd be grateful for any advice!

I'd take a look at Beurre, if you're looking at Cremesticks. It's very pretty, and it's a pinky plum kind of color...it's one of my faves.
smiles.gif
HTH!

BEA2LS

i was never really big on lipliners, i just literally have one or two ones and they are pretty neutral and that's only sometimes because i usually wear gloss or lipstick with no lipliner.
but i am thinking perhaps it is time to change this
smiles.gif

any recs? i usually wear a pink gloss, or a neutral sheer lip.. when i do statement lips, it's usually russian red or a bright pink (i wear red more than pink but gloss more than both of those)

SmileyfacedPen

Can anyone think of a lipliner that is similar in color to Myth lipstick? I have super pigmented lips, so lipsticks never show up the color they are in the tube.

My favorite lipliner, and the first one I got, is Subculture. But I really like Pink Treat for under pink shades!

jenixxx

My fav lipliner is Subculture, I think this is a must-have.

I have seen a few people on this site say Subculture doesn't work for WOC but I have not found that to be true.. I am NC42ish and this is my daily liner - but I guess I wear nude, pink, coral lips more than any other colours.

Everyone on this site screams you HAVE to get Spice, I bought it and immediately regretted it and returned it. I guess I just don't understand dark liners because I don't wear dark lips. (since I am dark!)

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i was never really big on lipliners, i just literally have one or two ones and they are pretty neutral and that's only sometimes because i usually wear gloss or lipstick with no lipliner.
but i am thinking perhaps it is time to change this
smiles.gif

any recs? i usually wear a pink gloss, or a neutral sheer lip.. when i do statement lips, it's usually russian red or a bright pink (i wear red more than pink but gloss more than both of those)

For statement lips, maybe you can try Magenta l/l to wear with your bright pinks. As for Russian Red, usually I use my Cranapple l/l since that is my only red l/l, but you can try Cherry l/l.

LMD84

i have been getting into lipliners recently - comes from being more daring with my lip colours! i really like cranapple liner - perfect for pinks like girl about town and even red colours. i also have spice lip pencil which is perfect for browny pink colours!
smiles.gif
oh and i also have plum soft - think that is it's name! good for darked plums and reds!
smiles.gif

User38

Nothing against HE lip liners -- but my favorites are really the cheapos.. Jordana, NYC, NYX and Revlon..I use the pencils as a base for either lipstick, gloss or balms.

Last time I spent over $ 5 for a lip liner was about 10 years ago!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Nothing against HE lip liners -- but my favorites are really the cheapos.. Jordana, NYC, NYX and Revlon..I use the pencils as a base for either lipstick, gloss or balms.

Last time I spent over $ 5 for a lip liner was about 10 years ago!

I ended up buying and loving NYX Cabaret. I also have Plush Red, Auburn and Coffee that are gorgeous. Hate to say it but MAC doesn't work it for me with their lipliners. I line then use it as base as well and it stands out amazingly. I love appyling something like Hush Hush tendertone over the lipstick to make it sparkle a little more because wow, gonna get hate for this but I only own 10 lipglasses because I find them too sticky and long hair equals across your lips sometimes. XD

L1LMAMAJ

i use stila's eyeliner in a peachy nude color to line my lips for lipsticks that i don't have a matching liner for. i put it all over my lips and my lipsticks stay on forever!