Lipliners

iheartwarpaint

I really love Subculture, Whirl, and Dervish for my pink l/s, Hover for brown l/s or when I want to warm up nude l/s, and Half-Red for plummy or burgundy l/s like Sophisto. I have Chestnut but it's way too dark for me (NC30) so I only use it to stain my lips when I wear my cheapy NYC sheer red l/s. Spice doesn't work for me because it turns out too orangey so my MA suggested Hover and I'm pleased with it.

Caderas

a lot of people love Cherry l/l for their red lipsticks.. but i think Brick l/l is way better because it's a bit deeper and gives more depth and dimension for reds!

arielle123

I have a dumb question about lip liners. I rarely use them b/c I'm more of a gloss person but if you're wearing a bold lip does the l/l have to match the l/s? Is it a makeup sin to wear a l/l that matches your lips with a bolder lipstick. Or would it be ok to do that but just better to match? I guess I don't get it....

dreamer246

Actually, I think a l/l that matches your natural lip color is the most versatile one because it will go with all lippies. You can also create a new lip color by mixing different l/l and l/s colors. Or if you want to keep the l/s color true, then choose a l/l that is close to the l/s color.
winks.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Actually, I think a l/l that matches your natural lip color is the most versatile one because it will go with all lippies. You can also create a new lip color by mixing different l/l and l/s colors. Or if you want to keep the l/s color true, then choose a l/l that is close to the l/s color.
winks.gif

to be honest thats what i do though reading about different colors is tempting me
winks.gif

the time i really would use a different lipliner is if say i am lining and filling in my lip with a pink or something than using clear gloss over my lip.. i do that for work sometimes because it is stuble but stays on for a good while

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenixxx
My fav lipliner is Subculture, I think this is a must-have.

I have seen a few people on this site say Subculture doesn't work for WOC but I have not found that to be true.. I am NC42ish and this is my daily liner - but I guess I wear nude, pink, coral lips more than any other colours.

Everyone on this site screams you HAVE to get Spice, I bought it and immediately regretted it and returned it. I guess I just don't understand dark liners because I don't wear dark lips. (since I am dark!)

While i dont like MAC lipliners, i did have spice for a while, and let me tell you it doesnt have to be used under dark colors only. Ive used it under Blankety lipstick (which if you dont know is a light beige-pink color) and it looks great.

mz hanan

hey guys can u recommend me a lipliner for fabby, barcelona red and chatterbox.. i can't afford to just throw them away :-(

Odette1303

I need a recommendation for a nude-ish pink lipliner (a dirty neutral pinkish colour), doesn't have to be MAC... I have very pigmented, almost red lips (hate it!
angry.gif
) and need something that won't turn barbie pink on me ('cause most nude pinks turn barbie pink on me).

For example, something similar to the liner used in this video YouTube - Painting an Angel - Part 3 (VS liner in Ginger Spice)

It seems a tad too brown for me, but looks great on her lips 'cause they aren't that pigmented.

Any suggestions?

Honey xOo

I bought Spice because of the hype it always had. It was one of my first MAC lipliners. It's a warm pinky cinnamon and looks really pretty with pink(not bright or hot pink) and nude lipsticks. I also really like Stripdown and NYX Natural with nude,peach, and coral lipsticks.
smiles.gif
MAC Summerfruit looks so good with peachy pink lips too.

LoriQ

I have never worn lipliner. I just don't like the look on me. I never have any trouble with my gloss or lipstick bleeding or anything so I don't wear it.