looks like it's going to be a crappy christmas!

chellebreezy

UGGGGGHHHH! sorry, i didn't know where to write this. mods, if it's in the wrong place just move it to the right one.

i just needed to vent.

so i found out that my boyfriend isn't getting me any christmas presents this year. & yeah, i kno i probably sound SUPER SELFISH & MATERIALISTIC but the thing is that i've already bought him an expensive amount of gifts & most of them i can't return. that's not the whole story...the reason why he's not getting me anything for christmas is because he spent all his money on clothes at this warehouse sale that he camped out for over the weekend. & if any of you who have boyfriends that are into this clothing brand called THE HUNDREDS, then i guess you would understand why he camped out.

i don't know...i'm really mad. i mean, yeah i'm bummed that i won't get anything special from him but i'm more mad at the fact that while i was thinking about him and spending my time picking out the perfect presents for him, he wasn't even thinking about me, he was thinking about himself and that dang warehouse sale! i don't know...ladies, am i wrong? am i just being materialistic? someone give me some advice!

sharkbytes

You aren't selfish and materialistic at all, and forgive me for saying so, but it sounds like your boyfriend is. Christmas, whether you're religious or not, is a time to think about others. Your boyfriend thought only about himself and what he wanted, instead of you and his loved ones. It would be one thing if he needed that money for bills or expenses, but blowing it all on clothes? I hate to say it, but this is a man who won't put your needs first. I'm sorry
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Well I don't think you are selfish....However I do think that he was. I think you did a good thing and you bought for him because you wanted to..not necessarily to get things in return. You will be blessed for having a big heart and the holiday is about giving. Don't feel to bad...He was self serving...But he did what he wanted to do with his money. Maybe he will take you shopping after Christmas and there may be some awesome sales at that time. Don't let it ruin your holidays too much.

Mabelle

you're not being selfish at all. Since you cant take the stuff back i would just give it to him, but make him feel like crap about being so selfish and blowing all his money on himself. Christmas is a time to think about others. You obviously put a lot of thought into his gifts, and well, he obviously put zero into yours. Actually, he decided that his vanity was more important.
If i were in you're shoes i'd make sure he never forgot what a jerk move he made. But thats just me... i can be kind of a bitch.

abbey_08

hes the selfish one. if i was u i would hold his presents back and wrap up a lump of coal or a tangerine and give him that until he gets u some presents or give them to him for his birthday.

nursee81

your not being selfish girl, like everyone said so far he. Are you sure you cannot return some of the thing you bought him? I would see if you can and take it from there.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebreezy
so i found out that my boyfriend isn't getting me any christmas presents this year. & yeah, i kno i probably sound SUPER SELFISH & MATERIALISTIC but the thing is that i've already bought him an expensive amount of gifts & most of them i can't return.

If you're buying gifts only with the aim of receiving gifts back, you're missing the point of gifting entirely.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
If you're buying gifts only with the aim of receiving gifts back, you're missing the point of gifting entirely.

I don't think she was saying that by any means, in my opinion.

I agree that HE was selfish, not you. In a selfish way I bet everyone does think to a point 'oooh i'm gonna get this from him' with boyfriends/fiances/husbands blah blah, I know I do. I'm not saying you HAVE to, but I think to a degree you do expect some kind of present from your other half at this time of year.

I think Mabelle said it in one!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Not everyone actually.... I don't ^^^^ But thats just me...When I was younger YES!!!

i'm just greedy
cutey.gif
heheheh.

TISH1124

No..I think when you are younger you do expect it..I did...You don't really learn the meaning of Christmas until you are older and wiser...So I completely understand how she feels....I was always excited thinking about what my bf would get me...and couldn't wait to show my friends and family..It's normal to feel that way ..you are correct...We have all been young and in love and you enjoy getting gifts of appreciation. No it's not what the holiday represents...but who thinks of that when they are young, single and having fun.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuterChick
Get used to it! It's a man thing......
thmbdn.gif

Oh please.

It's a selfish human thing*, not a man thing. Let's not descend into straw man misandry so quickly.

* Not in the way of 'he isn't buying me a big enough gift that's so selllllllfish of him' as exemplified by this thread, but the more straight definition of being concerned with your own immediate needs/wants/gratification first before others.

NutMeg

I think he was being selfish. But I also think that his being selfish has nothing to do with the amount of gifts he has or has not given, and everything to do with his intent. This is not a case of a couple who have decided to express their feelings for each other in a non-material way. This guy has clearly put his own desires and wants above those of his partner, without considering her. I think that's selfish.

On a different note, I hate the materialism that surrounds this particular holiday. Most people will be getting baskets with fudge and salt water taffy from me, because I won't feel bad for cluttering up someone's house. Everyone will eat fudge and salt water taffy! My parents are going to be getting a fancy meal cooked by my sibs and I. I haven't got a concrete plan for my bf yet, but it won't be an expensive gift. One, I'm poor, and two I can think of better ways to say I love you than an iPod.

chellebreezy

i will admit that i was expecting at least something from him. but to be honest, i'm just more mad at the fact that he didn't even bother to think about me...or anybody else in his family (he's not even able to get his family gifts either, he expects me to buy them things and he'll just put his name on the gift tags), instead he thought about himself and that sale.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebreezy
i will admit that i was expecting at least something from him. but to be honest, i'm just more mad at the fact that he didn't even bother to think about me...or anybody else in his family (he's not even able to get his family gifts either, he expects me to buy them things and he'll just put his name on the gift tags), instead he thought about himself and that sale.

Stop right there, how long have you been with him?
Ever bought his family gifts before?

Stephy171

dont shoot me just putting my 2 cents in

i can understand why you are upset i would be to.... but if your only buying him gifts because you were expecting them.... thats wrong.... sorry to each his own......

the purpose of christmas is giving gifts from your heart thts just wat i thinkkk once again i dont mean to offend anyone but this is my opinion