loose or pressed blot powder?

ExquisiteImages

wavey.gif
Hello my fellow specktras! Which one do you recommend---loose or pressed blot powder? Is there a difference besides the price? Also, if I'm NC30, do I get medium or medium/dark? I have never tried the blot powder, but after reading good reviews, I want to try it myself since I have oily skin.

user2

Hey there!

Blot Powder/Pressed is $18.50 for 12g and Blot Powder/Loose is $20 for 8g! So yes, it does differ in the price!
smiles.gif

It really depends on what you're going to use it for!
Do you want to use it for touch-ups while you're going out? Then the pressed version is great for you! Plus, it comes with its own puff and mirror!
Or do you want to use it just at home? Then I'd go for the loose version!

But when you're looking at the price difference, I'd take the Blot Powder Pressed for everything! It's really super handy!

Hmm I'm a NC15 and even I use Medium so I think since the Blot Powders don't apply too much color it should work for you too!

ExquisiteImages

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Hey there!

Blot Powder/Pressed is $18.50 for 12g and Blot Powder/Loose is $20 for 8g! So yes, it does differ in the price!
smiles.gif

It really depends on what you're going to use it for!
Do you want to use it for touch-ups while you're going out? Then the pressed version is great for you! Plus, it comes with its own puff and mirror!
Or do you want to use it just at home? Then I'd go for the loose version!

But when you're looking at the price difference, I'd take the Blot Powder Pressed for everything! It's really super handy!

Hmm I'm a NC15 and even I use Medium so I think since the Blot Powders don't apply too much color it should work for you too!

I didn't much pay attention to the weight LOL. I'm going to get the pressed one since you mentioned about the price difference and the convenience of it. I'm going to the MAC store this weekend to get it, and I'm excited already like usual
lol.gif
Thanks!!

dollbabybex

ive got both and pressed is so much better, with the loose, the brush can pick up to much sometimes = wastage!!!

BlahWah

I picked up the pressed as well. FYI, as NC35 I thought I'd be picking up either Medium or Medium/Dark, but the MA suggested Dark b/c it's better to be a bit darker than paler, esp. with the summer coming up. I ended up getting the Dark and all is well. It may be a tad too dark for you, but try it out in the store and see what it's like on you. HTH!\

*update* Jul26 I've been using it more now with the heat and humidity, and Dark is too dark... if you pay attention you'll see my nose darker than the rest of me! I got Medium-Dark in the loose and I like it quite a bit... I may have to swap my dark away...

user79

Bumping this because I have a question...

Is this a good powder to use for setting liquid foundation? I have combination skin but I get some oily spots after like 4 ot 5 hours in some areas...would you recommend Blot powder, or another powder all together for me? Ideally I want something that I can slip into my purse for touch ups on the go. I also have some areas of my face that are a bit drier, would Blot powder be too drying?

I have the Studio Fix powder right now but I'm finding it kind of heavy for touch ups, it seems to cake on top of the oily spots when I touch up...

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous

Is this a good powder to use for setting liquid foundation? I have combination skin but I get some oily spots after like 4 ot 5 hours in some areas...would you recommend Blot powder, or another powder all together for me? Ideally I want something that I can slip into my purse for touch ups on the go. I also have some areas of my face that are a bit drier, would Blot powder be too drying?

I have the Studio Fix powder right now but I'm finding it kind of heavy for touch ups, it seems to cake on top of the oily spots when I touch up...

The only difference I find between the loose and pressed powder versions of Blot is that the loose has a tendency to oxidize in some oily skins while the pressed version never oxidizes.

The only pressed powder I like is Blot Powder, never cakes doesn't upset my skin and I've repurchased it several times over the years and it's slightly unexpensive compared to Chanel and Dior (which made me turn pink...
ssad.gif
)

I wouldn't advise you to use Studio Fix for touch-ups, it looks perfect when applied however it tends to cake and look messy as the hours go by.
ssad.gif

My favorite powder foundations remains La Prairie's. Hope this helps.

nunu

Quote:

Hi,

I have combination skin as well, i use the pressed blot powder which is really handy because it is easy to carry around and use it for touch ups. I always have to use it 4 hours later, i buff it onto my t zone, but very lightly on my cheeks.

Hope this helps!

lovelyweapon

Quote:

I love the results I get with loose powder, but I hate the inconvenience of so much lost product and messiness. I finally found my dream product that I will be ordering soon from Sephora - Sephora: Sephora Brand Professionnel Refillable Powder Brush #54: Sephora Professionnel Brushes

The brush should be great since it's from Sephora's Professionnel line, and you can fill it with whatever loose powder you like. I'm planning on purchasing Nars' loose powder. I was really impressed with Sephora's idea. HTH
thmbup.gif

Oh and also it comes with a scoop so you won't spill your powder when refilling it.

Esperanza

Quote:

Blot pressed powder is def a good purchase for combination skins, and really handy for touch ups plus not too drying. You can go for it! I really liked this one but unfortunately, I smashed mine
ssad.gif
need to buy another one soon!

iluvmac

I like the pressed one! For your skintone, I'd pick Dark. I'm NW20 and use Med/Dark in winter and Dark in summer. It's so transparent and sheer you barely see the difference.

janwa09

I have an oily t-zone at times and to remedy it I usually just pat a blotting paper (Clean and Clear) over the oily areas and I swear it always looks like I just powdered my face afterwards. Sometimes this is really all you need to do instead of powdering which could leave your face cakey and overly matted no matter how good the powder is. I find this the best, cheapest, and most convenient solution
smiles.gif

user79

I will have to pick the pressed Blot Powder up next time I'm at MAC then, thanks for the replies!

trollydolly

ii have the shiniest nose in the world a couple of hours after ive put my foundation on and pressed blot powder always does the trick hth

erine1881

Quote:

you definately don't wanna touch up with studio fix! it's not a pretty site
nope.gif
you can use either blot loose or pressed to set your foundation. you just dont wanna touch up with the loose. it contains talc, which causes the product to build. if you keep touching up with it, it will add layers to your face. use loose once to set your foundation or take away shine (great for at home), then touch up with pressed (great on the go).

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwa09
I have an oily t-zone at times and to remedy it I usually just pat a blotting paper (Clean and Clear) over the oily areas and I swear it always looks like I just powdered my face afterwards. Sometimes this is really all you need to do instead of powdering which could leave your face cakey and overly matted no matter how good the powder is. I find this the best, cheapest, and most convenient solution
smiles.gif

not sure if clean and clear has it, but most blot papers out there have powder on them, which can alter the way your makeup looks. mac's blot film doesnt have powder, and you can use both sides.

Temptasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyweapon
I love the results I get with loose powder, but I hate the inconvenience of so much lost product and messiness. I finally found my dream product that I will be ordering soon from Sephora - Sephora: Sephora Brand Professionnel Refillable Powder Brush #54: Sephora Professionnel Brushes

The brush should be great since it's from Sephora's Professionnel line, and you can fill it with whatever loose powder you like. I'm planning on purchasing Nars' loose powder. I was really impressed with Sephora's idea. HTH
thmbup.gif

Oh and also it comes with a scoop so you won't spill your powder when refilling it.

I am going to get that refillable powder brush as well. I love my MUFE loose powder and would like to carry it when I need to touch up, which I don't very often with this powder.

goink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
The only difference I find between the loose and pressed powder versions of Blot is that the loose has a tendency to oxidize in some oily skins while the pressed version never oxidizes.

The only pressed powder I like is Blot Powder, never cakes doesn't upset my skin and I've repurchased it several times over the years and it's slightly unexpensive compared to Chanel and Dior (which made me turn pink...
ssad.gif
)

I wouldn't advise you to use Studio Fix for touch-ups, it looks perfect when applied however it tends to cake and look messy as the hours go by.
ssad.gif

My favorite powder foundations remains La Prairie's. Hope this helps.

I have both Pressed and Loose. I love the setting power of Loose Blot Powder, but it oxidizes on me.
Is there a way to stop this? I wear Medium in both Loose and Pressed.
TIA!

Latest posts