loose or pressed blot powder?

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by goink
I have both Pressed and Loose. I love the setting power of Loose Blot Powder, but it oxidizes on me.
Is there a way to stop this? I wear Medium in both Loose and Pressed.
TIA!

I'm afraid there isn't. You might consider wearing an oil control primer, but so far none that I have tried has worked.

People that like the formulas of products that oxidize on them usually get a shade lighter to compensate, but it really depends on how long does it take for it to oxidize on you and are you willing the wait. For all the hassle, I would prefer to use another power, I'm currently using Yves Saint-Laurent's loose powder and it's fabulous, I really love it.

Kuuipo

I had blot powder, its ok.... I found Powder sheets even more convenient. NARS and Shiseido both have extra large powder/blot sheets-100 to a vinyl envelope. They soak up oil and lay down translucent powder and don't wreck makeup. Shiseido is 16 USD, NARS is 16 USD. They also don't break when they hit the floor (like pressed or blot powder), and don't take up much weight or space.

shadowaddict

I use Studio Fix but not for touch-ups. I carry pressed blot powder. I blot my t-zone with Bobbi Brown's blotting papers ($5 for 100) and then use blot powder, that way I don't get all that oil on my pwder puff. I will usually wash the puff a couple of times then replace it since it's only about $1.50 (correction, they used to be I just checked the site, but now they come in packs of 2 for $5 but still a good price) and the powder last so long. You could probably keep washing it but I just like getting a fresh one after a while. I am interested in the Shiseido papers although I still won't give up my blot powder.

janwa09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I had blot powder, its ok.... I found Powder sheets even more convenient. NARS and Shiseido both have extra large powder/blot sheets-100 to a vinyl envelope. They soak up oil and lay down translucent powder and don't wreck makeup. Shiseido is 16 USD, NARS is 16 USD. They also don't break when they hit the floor (like pressed or blot powder), and don't take up much weight or space.

I have the Shiseido blotting papers too and I like them just as well.
thmbup.gif
It's quite expensive though and sometimes I get a little bit stingy and use Clean and Clear instead lol.

EDIT: C&C doesn't have powder in it so it won't ruin your make-up.

user79

I used some of those drugstore blotting papers before, they worked for a bit, but I got oily again in some spots like within an hour and I'd have to keep on doing it. Kind of annoying...

k.a.t

Hmm i'm definitely gonna buy the pressed blot powder now. Combo skin is such a pain in the backside. Damn you sebum glands! lol