Loreal HIP cream shadow Paint????

silgava

I went to CVS this morning and I saw this new product by Loreal, and they look very similar to the MAC Paints, and it says that it's anti creasing! I'd like to know if you have tried it and what you think about it. I was tempted to get it but it was 11 dolars, I think it was expensive for a drugstore brand, so I decided to pay 4 more dollars and go to Sephoras and get UDPP which I LOVE
th_DANCE.gif
But anyway, I'd like to know if you ladies like these paints or not. TIA

MsButterfli

i plan on gettin some tomorrow, i got a coupon that gives me $4 off a $20 purchase, they got some new lip glosses too i may consider as well,

silgava

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
i plan on gettin some tomorrow, i got a coupon that gives me $4 off a $20 purchase, they got some new lip glosses too i may consider as well,

I saw the lipglosses too, they look very pretty, let me know how they turn out!

metalkitty

I've heard that the paints come mostly in all neutral colors... If anyone has seen the new glosses can you describe what kind of colors they have? Are there any purpley colors, dark pinks, or bright colors?

MsButterfli

yeah they had a broad range of colors on the display rack from deep to nice and bright, and i did go and buy the cream shadow, i got 813 Witty ima try to get some swatches up

MsButterfli

ok ladies, i got my mini review of it
smiles.gif
i wore it today as a base for my eyeshadow and so far as of this writing its been about 6 hrs and no creasing
smiles.gif
It went on nice and smooth and i used the lil brush that it came with, kinda reminds you of the 252 brush but extra small lol. I used my parrot dupe (showy) along with a highlight color from this milani glimmerbrick thing. i think it came out nicely and it was easy to blend the colors over this base.

Overall, i will most likely be buying this product again

silgava

OH thank you so much! I have to give it a try! I think I'd better way until those deals buy 1 get 1 free in CVS, I don't think Walgreens have it yet. Thanks for the review.

MsButterfli

right now cvs had the shadows buy one get one half off, and rite aid has shadows buy one get one free, i notice my rite aid dont carry it yet, but i did happen to find it in one of the walgreens near me so far. hth oh and i wore it again today under my royal assets warm palette with no creasing. oh and i got some lippies too
smiles.gif
they are bogo free at cvs

Ode to Joy

could anyone do a CP on the HiP Paints for me?????
I want them sooooo much, but you just can't get them online or anywhere in Europe!
girl_devil.gif

dominichulinda

i seen these at wal-mart for $11 and mac paints are $17...I might get one...lippie are nice...from soft pink to bright red.

Daphne69

I heard that the Loreal paint is not that great, not sure about the creasing but the review I read said that it is too thick, looks kind of cakey when you put shadow on top of it, definately more of a problem if you don't have really smooth eyelids.

AlarmAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne69
I heard that the Loreal paint is not that great, not sure about the creasing but the review I read said that it is too thick, looks kind of cakey when you put shadow on top of it, definately more of a problem if you don't have really smooth eyelids.

I have the lightest shade, it's a shimmery sort of gold-beige base color. I can see how someone would find them to be cakey, for sure. The tube hasn't leaked so far, so that's a plus. Also, the enclosed brush is definitely good enough to get by, and very good by pre-packaged brush standards. BUT, it creased on me within about two hours. Keep in mind though, some days even UDPP creases on me! I say they're worth a go, but I'd wait until they're on sale in some form. Also, the shade I got (whose name I have totally forgotten) is a bit of a dullard, for me at least.

I'm quite pale, lightest shade in MUFE Mat +, and it was a bit too dark for a highlight. Anyone a shade or two darker than me would probably like it much better as a base/highlight. Hope that helps!

Daphne69

I wonder if it is cakey if you apply too much - but then you should be able to apply additional layers to get more color....still, I would rather spend the additional 5 or 6 bucks for the tried and true mac paint. I don't like the way drugstore makeup prices are going up - they are pricing themselves right out of business if you ask me, if I spend $11 + tax in a drugstore, I feel as if I am overspending - I could spend up to $20 in the department stores or at Sephora and feel like I am getting off cheap PLUS getting the luxury of a more high end name, packaging, formula....so, in the long run, if the prices keep going up, I will spend what amounts to just a few dollars more sometimes for the high end.

newagetomatoz

I think I'm going to give these a go and try them out! Both my CVS and Walgreens are have a BOGO sale and I have a $2 off coupon, so with tax, they work to be about $5.50 each. I'm more willing to spend that on a shade I might not like than on MAC with the same end result, despite my love of MAC.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne69

I heard the same!! I am not willing to buy them to try them. I like MAC paints but they too can be a lil thick but they don't crease on ya which is why they are amazing. I like paint pots, they blend well.
yes.gif

mrschavez89

I have the loreal paint in witty and it doens't crease on me at all...i did use a very small amount though, but i liked it alot and plan on buying more.

newagetomatoz

After checked out the display, I was a little dissapointed. Five of the six shades were more browny/nudes and only one was steel grey. I was really hoping for more "colorful" choices. Oh, bother. Well, I still want to try them because maybe the finishes will be interesting!