Los Angeles area Specktrites, WE WANT TO MEET YOU!

milamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Since you're going to be in the Manhattan Beach/Hawthorne area, there is a Mac store at Del Amo mall on Hawthorne Blvd. It isn't a pro store, the closest pro store would be Beverly Center and there is another at South Coast Plaza. The location that you're staying in is near the 405 Fwy., so you'll be able to get pretty much anywhere. There are plenty of places to have a nice dinner in Manhattan Beach and also near the Beverly Center.

they actually put up a new pro store in manhattan beach on sepulveda. in the new center by the manhattan beach mall.

burbankqt

OMG this is really exciting. I recently started reading this blog and I love it. I live in Pasadena and would definitely be interested in more details about meeting up...especially with fellow MAC addicts who can appreciate my addiction! I haven't been to the Manhattan Beach area in a LONG time, but I know there are lots of cute, hip places to go around there b/c it's a pretty cool area. Keep me posted!!!
cutey.gif

rnsmelody

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznsmurfy
2nd Chocolategoddess! Come to the Bay! ^_^

3rd you have to come to the bay area and visit us tooo =)

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I wanna meet up too!
smiles.gif
I live in OC as well so LA isn't much of a drive for me. You talented gals can help me to spend my $250 gift card @ Nordies on MACies lol!!

Janice

You Bay Area gals don't think you can make it into the LA area to meet up with us?
ssad.gif
Awww come on, if San Diego can represent so can you!

Shimmer

If you guys can make the drive, that would be great, if not, then I guess there's always next time.
smiles.gif

There's a MAC store in Santa Monica on 3rd Street. It's not a pro store but it's on 3rd street, so it'll be fun!

I'd love to hang out too!

Janice

Awesome, Jamie and I are really looking forward to meeting ya'll! We're available Thurs night, Friday in the afternoon & evening and pretty much all day on Saturday, though we do have an sat evening commitment . Sunday is iffy, but we should be available to do something in the morning and afternoon before we leave out.
greengrin.gif

VDUB*BELLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowhoney
Come to Toronto, Canada next, kay? :p I'd loooooooooove a Specktra meetup here. I know there are tons of us in Toronto!
smiles.gif

Agreed!
th_DANCE.gif

lethaldesign

How exciting!! I live in Redondo Beach, so I am RIGHT by where you gals will be. I'd be happy to show you around a bit!
smiles.gif
As one gal said, there is a MAC store in the Del Amo mall... & there is actually another one closer to where you are staying, in El Segundo. There are some great restaurants in the beach areas... hopefully the weather will be nice like its been lately.

prettybaby

I live in San Diego as well, and I may be able to drag my sorry butt up there for a day of shopping.! No promises. I have a kid too

athena123

Ooh, I have some great idea for a couple of day trips! If any of you are into museums and art, the Getty Art Museum is a must see. It's just up the 405 freeway and well worth it. You'll want to plan to spend the day there, so much to see and do! For makeup oriented activities, treat yourself to a fabulous cut and color at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in Santa Monica. There's a Sephora just down the street so you can stock up on other goodies while you're there.

I'm new to MAC and don't really know where the MAC counters are, other than inside Nordstrom's and the CCO outlet at Ontario Mills mall. Once things get firmed up let me know I'll try to join you on a Saturday or Sunday activity!

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
Ooh, I have some great idea for a couple of day trips! If any of you are into museums and art, the Getty Art Museum is a must see. It's just up the 405 freeway and well worth it. You'll want to plan to spend the day there, so much to see and do! For makeup oriented activities, treat yourself to a fabulous cut and color at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in Santa Monica. There's a Sephora just down the street so you can stock up on other goodies while you're there.

I'm new to MAC and don't really know where the MAC counters are, other than inside Nordstrom's and the CCO outlet at Ontario Mills mall. Once things get firmed up let me know I'll try to join you on a Saturday or Sunday activity!

Athena - great suggestion, The Getty!

LMK when you want to hit up Ontario Mills or Victoria Gardens.

tchristi

The Mac pro store is on Robertson blvd, not inside the beverly Center the one at the Beverly Center is a regular store.Oh the Mac Pro store is not far from the beverly center. U should check out Dell Amo mall it is very huge, lots of stores. Also check out the Beverly Center it is not as big but they have more high fashion stores, like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dolce and Gabanna, they also have a big H&M, forever 21, Victorias Secret, macys, bloomingdales, dkny and much more. At the beverly center there is also Grand Luxe Cafe restaurant, which is great for dining, it is owned by the cheese cake factory. Down the street from the beverly center there is The Grove, which is really great it is an open air mall, with great stores, like nordstrom, coach, gap, victorias secret and much more. It is also located next door to the famous Farmers Market. NAd you never know what celebs might be at the Beverly Center or at The Grove, I have seen a couple of my favorites in the past ( mostly at the Beverly Center)
You can visit the web sites for Dell Amo, and the Bevely Center for more information and list of stores.

If you have time also visit FIDM( fashion institute of fashion and design) they have an exhibit going on rightnow. which consisit of clothing and costumes worn in movies that i am sure you have seen. Such as Atonement, The Golden Compass, Enchanted, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Beowulf, 300, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Nancy Drew
It is free and they are open 10am to 5pm mon to sat. they are located in down town Los angeles. u can lso visit their site for more info FIDM: Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising: California Schools Colleges Degree Programs and click on museum and galleries. it is great to see the clothing/costumes up close in person.
Hope u have fun here in Los angeles.

GalleyGirl

I work on weekdays, so weekends would be awesome! And as close to Orange County as possible are my only requests!

GlamYOURUs

I am also in San Diego and I would love to meet up with you all. But my car can only take me so far. lol Its a piece of junk. Maybe us San Diegans can carpool with each other. And we can pitch in to pay for gas. How does that sound?

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
I am also in San Diego and I would love to meet up with you all. But my car can only take me so far. lol Its a piece of junk. Maybe us San Diegans can carpool with each other. And we can pitch in to pay for gas. How does that sound?

A most excellent proposal!
choochoo.gif