Los Angeles area Specktrites, WE WANT TO MEET YOU!

Mandaz_Diamondz

I'll have to see what I have going on that weekend, but I'd love to chill with you all! There's TONS to do in LA and TONS of shopping. Just keep us posted on the plans!
smiles.gif

athena123

Janice, will you be renting a car or depending on public transportation? If public transportation, that could be a limiting factor to where you go and when. Make sure your travel agent KNOWS this area, you don't want to get stuck in a hotel 2 hours away from airport during rush hour and have to spend all your time here stuck in traffic getting from one place to another.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Since you're going to be in the Manhattan Beach/Hawthorne area, there is a Mac store at Del Amo mall on Hawthorne Blvd. It isn't a pro store, the closest pro store would be Beverly Center and there is another at South Coast Plaza. The location that you're staying in is near the 405 Fwy., so you'll be able to get pretty much anywhere. There are plenty of places to have a nice dinner in Manhattan Beach and also near the Beverly Center.

That's the MAC store I go to!
greengrin.gif
I mean the one in Del Amo mall.
greengrin.gif

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwanesegurl
There's a MAC store in Santa Monica on 3rd Street. It's not a pro store but it's on 3rd street, so it'll be fun!

I'd love to hang out too!

Yeah! My school is near this! I can come down on a weekend to meet! =)

3rd Street Promenade is AWESOME. It's a great little outdoor mall modeled after European outdoor malls. It's really pretty. There's a LOT of people on weekends, but that way we can blend in more easily. And parking is really easy to find in the structures at the ends of 3rd Street Promenade, it's free for a few hours I believe. So it'd be worth it. =) Plus, it's a close walk to the beach if anyone feels like going to the beach. =)

There is also a Pro store on Robertson Blvd. Also near UCLA.
greengrin.gif
So that would work as well if I can bus over there.
Century City Mall is also a good place as well! Near UCLA... There's a MAC store in the Bloomingdales, there's a Juicy Shop, some higher end stores and some lower end. It's a pretty good mix. =)

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
Janice, will you be renting a car or depending on public transportation? If public transportation, that could be a limiting factor to where you go and when. Make sure your travel agent KNOWS this area, you don't want to get stuck in a hotel 2 hours away from airport during rush hour and have to spend all your time here stuck in traffic getting from one place to another.

We have a rental.
smiles.gif

athena123

^^ Oh goodie, that opens up possibilities and yes, if you're staying in the Manhattan Beach area that's close enough to the airport to shorten the drive time and yet FAR ENOUGH away from the airport you won't have to worry about getting mugged...
smiles.gif
Since I don't know that area too well, only more about downtown Santa Monica and 3rd St promenade I'll defer to the ladies who know that area.

I'm living in the Inland Empire [Riverside] and my car is 12 years old, so I don't drive it to LA. I know MsCuppyCakes is an inland girl, is anyone else in this area willing to form a carpool? I'll either pitch in for gas or buy you a Mocha Latte at Starbucks!
smiles.gif

Janice

Quote:
Janice, will you be renting a car or depending on public transportation?

Jamie and I will have a rental vehicle during our stay, this is our hotel. It looks fairly close to LAX.
smiles.gif

xmrsvindieselx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
If you guys can make the drive, that would be great, if not, then I guess there's always next time.
smiles.gif

the next time needs to be in florida
smiles.gif
since i now reside here in jacksonville
smiles.gif

cutey.gif
cutey.gif
cutey.gif

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
^^ Oh goodie, that opens up possibilities and yes, if you're staying in the Manhattan Beach area that's close enough to the airport to shorten the drive time and yet FAR ENOUGH away from the airport you won't have to worry about getting mugged...
smiles.gif
Since I don't know that area too well, only more about downtown Santa Monica and 3rd St promenade I'll defer to the ladies who know that area.

I'm living in the Inland Empire [Riverside] and my car is 12 years old, so I don't drive it to LA. I know MsCuppyCakes is an inland girl, is anyone else in this area willing to form a carpool? I'll either pitch in for gas or buy you a Mocha Latte at Starbucks!
smiles.gif

We can carpool, no problem.

meiming

I've got class all weekend but if you post where you guys are meeting up I'll definitely try to make it if I can!

kyoto

Saturday works the best for me to meet up with you guys, as I'll be at work during the week. I'm up for anything and Love Love Love the Getty. And of course any Mac store any time.

Janice

Yay! Ok, so I guess what we need now is suggestions from those of you in the area on where we can meet for a lunch that is near a PRO store (if one is in the area) or a pretty/unique area.
smiles.gif
I love Sushi, but I know it's not something everyone is into. So maybe we can get some suggestions and then pick one out of them that everyone is down for. Same with the itinerary for the rest of the day.
smiles.gif

I'd like to do high tea @ the Beverly Wilshire hotel, but I think they only do that on Sundays.
ssad.gif

Debbie

I live in the OC as well... so I could definitely meet up. Lol, how do I explain to my bf that I'll be attending a makeup meetup. He already makes fun of me because I attend "Pug Meetups" (or Pug cult as he calls it).

athena123

OK, this is a suggestion and this is where I would take my beauty loving out of town friends [If I had any that shared my skincare and makeup obsessions
smiles.gif
] for a quintessentially LA experience.

Saturday, 9:30 am - Janice and Jaimie make an appt. at the Vidal Sassoon Academy. For a mere $20 bucks you can get a great cut and/or color done. Some of the students are advanced, and I've never been disappointed in my cuts. I tell them I don't want anything too crazy for my naturally curly hair and I'm pretty hard to please. The disadvantage is that it takes a long time, between 90 minutes and 2 hours. The advantage is that the academy is in Santa Monica, along the 3rd street promenade.

noon - the rest of us Specktra-ites [sp?] meet Janice and Jaimie somewhere along the 3rd street promenade and admire their new 'dos. Plenty of places for lunch [Wolfgang Puck to mention one] and there's a Sephora. I think someone else mentioned there's a MAC PRO store in this area as well. Lot of shopping and this is right next to the pier.

After lunch and shopping, we could wonder down to the Santa Monica pier and possibly walk over to MUSCLE Beach. You haven't lived until you've seen peeps trick out in skater's circle and the muscle bound meat heads strut their stuff.

These are one of a kind, geographic specific activities you just can't find anywhere but in Santa Monica, CA but there'll be a lot of walking, so comfortable shoes are recommended.

Of course this is just a suggestion and I'm totally open to any other possibilities!
cutey.gif