losing weight support thread part II

Sanne

well girls, let's us continue losing weight!

tomorrow is my visit to the dietitian, and I hope I've lost some weight.... I'll keep you guys updated!

dianadoll

I am definately in for this! I lost 21 lbs in the last 6 weeks and am going to try hard to keep it up. Good luck today!

jamiemeng

I still havenot losed any weight yet. I am going to join weight watchers by my house in fontana california this weekend. thanks

dianadoll

I cut pretty much all carbs except for those in fruits and vegetables except for 1 day a week. I went to the gym at least 5 days a week and did at least 1 hr of cardio each time. I drank 100 oz of water per day. I made myself a little crazy :p

Prismique

I really need to get motivated again. I gained back some of what I lost last spring/summer and it's depressing me! I'm going to be the maid of honor in my sister's wedding in June, so I'd really like to lose some by then. It's a strapless dress, so that should be some motivation! Haha. I belong to weight watchers online, I just have to start using it again. I'm so bad!

Chelsea

ahh.. carbs. i wont get started on how i feel on cutting carbs :p

i lifted weights last night and my arms are killing me

Jennifer

groupie, keep us updated!

diana, congrats! i know how it is to lose that much weight. it's definitely a good feeling
smiles.gif

i've been slacking off this week, but i'm gonna pick up again. i just needed that one last "i'm getting so big, it's gross" pep-talk again
winks.gif

Onederland

hahaha well im on a weight loss regimen too, i want to loose 25. Im 185 right now. Which i suppose isnt bad, hence im 6'0", and a guy. But still...all my makeup will look prettier if i loose the weight. And besides, i have to impress the any on lookers.
smiles.gif

My tip? Well for me, i keep a picture of a really hot shirtless guy on my fridge door. So when i go to the fridge to get something, I look at him and think to myself "I want to look like that. I want a man like that. I have to be that" And therefore, i will close the door, and not grab anything to eat.

See? motivation in the form of an Abercrombie Model. Yes.

Sanne

I wanted to post a message but then my internet died, but It's alive agian so I'll give it another try;

yesterday when I went to the dietitian, I gain one pound, meaning that I only lost one freaking pound in 2 months! and she was very pleased and told me to continue like this....my goodness, I need to lose 15 kilo's, If I continue like this, I'll be 50 when I reach my goal! so now I'm cutting in my slices of bread, first I was told to eat 3 slices = topping for breeakfast, and 4 for lunch, so now I'm trying to eat 2 for breakfast and 3 for lunch. I probably won't even notice. but she was telling me that this was not a good idea, and how little this was, because 5 slices a day would be the absolute minimum. anyway, I told her that I needed to do this, because I'm losing my motivation if I continue like this. I'm a bit fed up, but I promiss, next time I go for 5 pounds weightloss! at least!

Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
I wanted to post a message but then my internet died, but It's alive agian so I'll give it another try;

yesterday when I went to the dietitian, I gain one pound, meaning that I only lost one freaking pound in 2 months! and she was very pleased and told me to continue like this....my goodness, I need to lose 15 kilo's, If I continue like this, I'll be 50 when I reach my goal! so now I'm cutting in my slices of bread, first I was told to eat 3 slices = topping for breeakfast, and 4 for lunch, so now I'm trying to eat 2 for breakfast and 3 for lunch. I probably won't even notice. but she was telling me that this was not a good idea, and how little this was, because 5 slices a day would be the absolute minimum. anyway, I told her that I needed to do this, because I'm losing my motivation if I continue like this. I'm a bit fed up, but I promiss, next time I go for 5 pounds weightloss! at least!

i can't believe that. she's telling you to go at the same rate? when you first start dieting, in a week, you're supposed to lose up to 5 lbs. and that's HEALTHY AND NORMAL. i'm not doctor, but i think she's straight up wrong. different diet plans vary within each individual and obviously this one isn't for you. i lost about 20 lbs. in 2 months. it's just not right.

dolcediva

Hey ladies, and gentleman! I had a BAD week, gained two pounds and i am SO annoyed. I went to the Dr's b/c i've been really tired, she said i might have a thyroid problem, which is just lovely and could be why i'm not losing like i shoul. But, i guess its still 18 pounds in total...ugh, i hate being in moods like this. But, its been really nice out so i am motivated to go walking, and i thnk i'll start Taebo again. My son will proabably be amused watching me jump around like an idiot, he doesn't like to watch me on the treadmill though, a little boring i guess.
I agree with Jennifer Groupie, maybe a different plan will help you. Even if this one is working, you will proabably feel more motivated to carry on losing if you see better results!

Sanne

yes I do get demotivated!! the thought of my dietitian is not to diet, but to change a lifestyle. and therefore she's so satisfied w/ the way it's going now... I give it one month, and when I haven't lost weight then, I think I will join weightwatchers again.

Jennifer

Quote:
yes I do get demotivated!! the thought of my dietitian is not to diet, but to change a lifestyle. and therefore she's so satisfied w/ the way it's going now... I give it one month, and when I haven't lost weight then, I think I will join weightwatchers again.

maybe she's trying to help you MAINTAIN your weight and not help you lose? did you go there to lose?

Sanne

yes I did, and she told me that dieting is bad, because when you diet, you will gain the weight back on, and by changing you lifestyle you won't. but if this is changing my lifestyle, I'd rather first lose the weight and then let her help me with a foodplan for the lifestyle change... I mean, how great would it be to be dieting for a while, and then be able to eat normal, that would really be something to look foreward to.

today I did pretty well, I had 2 slices of bread for breakfast, 3 for lunch and my luch was a cheese-union bread w/ union, tomato, and egg. and now I MUSt eat my yoghurt, the dietitian told me so!
smiles.gif

Jennifer

Quote:
yes I did, and she told me that dieting is bad, because when you diet, you will gain the weight back on, and by changing you lifestyle you won't. but if this is changing my lifestyle, I'd rather first lose the weight and then let her help me with a foodplan for the lifestyle change... I mean, how great would it be to be dieting for a while, and then be able to eat normal, that would really be something to look foreward to.

today I did pretty well, I had 2 slices of bread for breakfast, 3 for lunch and my luch was a cheese-union bread w/ union, tomato, and egg. and now I MUSt eat my yoghurt, the dietitian told me so!
smiles.gif

dieting is not bad because in order to change your lifestyle, you NEED to diet, so that you can feel comfortable with it, get used to it, and have something to look forward to, as well as having that determination when you see the scale drop.

i think you're eating way too little, which results in your body thinking you're starving and goes into survival mode. because of that, your metabolism will go really slow, which you obviously don't want.

again, i'm no doctor, so i'm not 100% about you or what i just said, but that's how i learned it and that's how i lost the weight. i've also read it in a lot of health/fitness magazines, online, books, etc.

dianadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathytoo
This will probably be my last post on this topic. We are a society of instant gratification. When it comes to health & weightloss, they (weightloss & instant gratification) do not go hand in hand. It doesn't take overnight to gain weight and won't take overnight to lose it. 1/2 lb a week loss is fine. You should try to follow a plan of eating that will follow you into ...well, however old you are...it should help you to live longer. I lost 25 lbs in a year. Was that a long time? Yes...for some. For me..nope..I still had the things I liked, still had beer...heck, had what I wanted in moderation. I feel so bad reading some of the threads where some are ready to give up because they haven't lost a lot in a short time.

Yes, when you allow your caloric intake to drop below 1000-1200, your body thinks it is starving and will slow down..metabolism wise. It will conserve every calorie and bit of body fat that it can. If you do that, and lose weight..it will come back.... with friends (means you will gain it back and then some). The bottom line is eat less, exercise more. This is the ONLY proven method. If you don't know how/how much/ or what to eat, join WW or go see a dietician.

I am not criticizing (sp?) anybody. I just don't want you to take as long as I did to figure it out. In the time it takes to figure it out (while you're starving yourself) you can develope a healthy plan of eating and lifestyle that includes everything you like. My 25 lbs in a year may seem like a small amount to lose in a very long time but, guess what? The year went by and I loss 25 lbs. How'd you do starving yourself?

I adore you all and hope you accomplish all your hopes, dreams & goals. I only hope you do it in a healthy weigh and start by loving your body the way it is when you start.

I hope I haven't offended anybody. That was not what I intended. If I have, let me apologize now. I truly am sorry. Big hugs......be healthy & wise and if you have read this far, thank you! *smooch*

I do want to say, I in no way have starved myself. I did cut carbs because I know they are a trigger for me, I can easily eat nothing but bread and pasta. Everything else I ate like normal, I ate red meat when I felt like and just substituted lots of vegetables for rice and pasta. And I worked out a ton. I also agree that it was a lot to lose in a fast amount of time, and it has slowed down considerably in the last few weeks.