losing weight support thread part II

Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathytoo
Oh Jennifer.....I meant my last post on fast weight loss. I'm soooooo sorry. Gosh..I love having and giving support here. I guess I didn't word that like I should have. I hope you understand and thank you for bringing that to my attention!

good because i was gonna yell at you for leaving us!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

th_wink3.gif

i agree with you, though, but obviously groupie isn't happy with how it's been going. if she was, that's a different story.

you should do whatever makes you feel happy with what you're trying to achieve
smiles.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathytoo
Groupie.(((HUGS))) Don't give up..find what works for you. I'm still needing to lose 20 lbs....don't hafta..wanna.
oh.gif
) You single girls...there are a LOTTA (lot of ;o)) guys that don't want model thin girls. Strive for healthy & self-esteem! geeze...don't forget to have fun along the way...that's the idea of the "journey". We are all different..that is what makes us unique...a cliche but one worth repeating. You are an awesome bunch here. Thank you for allowing me to spout off. ((HUGS))

thanks so much, kathytoo
smiles.gif
I know there are a lot of guys who doesn't want skinny girls, but when that's the rease to lose weight or not to, then I think you need to think again about what it is that you want. i need to lose the weight because I will get problems w/ my joints, esp. my hips, and I don't want to anymore! I don't mind to lose the weight by doing a real diet, but this doesn't feel like a diet anymore, so i need to cut some stuff out if my diet.
But I'll make it, I can do this, and you guys will do it too!! I'm proud of us! xxx Sanne

dolcediva

I think that moderation is the key. Completly cutting out carbs is pretty hard considering carbs are EVERYWHERE, fruits, veggies, breads etc. Still have an english muffin or diet bread, but don't eat a big bowl of pasta for dinner.

And whatever works for YOU! Kathytoo, good for you if you;ve found what works for you and are happy with that. I'm not sure exactly what you meant though, this thread is not necessary about fast weight loss, just HEALTHY weight loss, and supporting each other. So please continue to post if you want support.!And i agree, i am married and my husband has always been supportive, thin or chubby!

Lots of love ladies, and gentlemen!

Kathytoo

Yep, I agree with you. I had a close friend get extremely sick after losing weight fast, in a short time. I know this thread is about support and weight loss. I just wanted to comment once about the "quick fix".....that's why I said it was my last post on it. Somebody had mentioned losing a pretty good amount of weight in a short time, that was what I was commenting on. It scares me and it is not safe. That's all. I'm sorry if you took offense..none was meant. I guess it was just a personal thing for me.

It's very hard to "hear" what someone is saying on a board. It's just typed and you can't see expressions, hear tones, etc...you know? That's why I don't post much. I am a board clutz and it embarasses me. *sneaking back into the shadows*

dolcediva

oh, kathytoo don't be embarassed! I don't think you offended anyone, i just wanted to make sure you knew why we were all here, to support each other. We try to support everyone's ways of doing things and offer any information we have on wether or not we know things are safe. I hope that you continue to post b/c i don't beleive anyone took anything you said personally.
lol.gif
I agree too, it is hard to tell peoples tone, but we are all quite sincere here and no one would hurt each other nor would we assume that your tone was meant to be hurtful. Talk to you later!

sara13

new here, but I saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. I'm planning on joining the Self challenge. I'm a couple weeks late but a friend is doing it so I thought it'd be some motivation. Is anyone else doing the challenge. I thought it'd be good for me since I'm not really so much displeased with my weight as just my inactivity level and gradual softening of my previous muscles
ssad.gif
At least this will hopefully get me eating healthier and being active.

Sanne

yesssssss!!!!!

I weighed myself this morging and I was 89.9, so that's one kilo under the 90!!! sooo happy!

sara13

Good job, Sanne!

also, if anyone wants to join me in the Self challenge, you can go here:
www.self.com/challenge

I just started Monday, so we'll see how it goes! They have some cool online features to monitor progress and everything, so that's pretty neat.

mandyjw82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadoll
I am definately in for this! I lost 21 lbs in the last 6 weeks and am going to try hard to keep it up. Good luck today!

great job! how did u do it, i just want to lose about 25 lbs and be in better shape, any advice? i need some motivation!

mrsdivajen

I have been doing Atkins for two years. I stopped when I got pregnant and resumed when I had my son 6 months ago. I have dropped 60 pounds this time around and had my cholesterol checked last week. I am in PERFECT health and my cholesterol is PERFECT. If anyone wants to know about lowcarbing, there is the BEST lowcarb forum that I've been a member of for a while called forum.lowcarber.org. You can get recipes, start and online journal and people just FLOOD you with support. If you have any questions or are interested PM me, I'll help you the best I can.

FacesbyNiki

I have joined weight watchers again. I weigh 191.6. Last week when I went to the doctors I weighed in at 193. So that means I've lost a total of 1.8 lbs. I'm so happy. I go to the gym every other day to walk on the treadmill and I love it.

Good Luck guys! :p

Sanne

OHHH I'm so proud of you!!! My next appointment to the dietititan is next wednesday, and I'll let you know!!!

Does anyone know: I do situps every night before I go to sleep. I did 10 minutes the first time and that resulted in 4 days of a lot of pain (sore bellymuscles and even my ribs were bruised!!!) so now I'm doing 6 minutes, and I'll build it up in the coming weeks... Is six minutes a day enough to see results??

lenjhn

I'm a little late to join in the thread, but I really need motivation!

I've had my thyroid and gallbladder (can cause fatigue) checked out and they're both normal, so it's just up to me now. I need the kick in the pants to get going and stop eating!! Anybody else feel like they need a little taste of success in the beginning to kickstart a routine?

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemeng
I will try to join weight watchers on Thursday. Thx so much

Good for you! My SIL loves it and it has really made a difference! Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!
thmbup.gif
Let us all know what happens!