MA Rudeness/Bad MAC experiences/Rants

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
There's a MAC counter in the Bronx? Since when? I find the MAC MUA in Manhattan's Bloomingdales to be big be atches

Parkchester's Macy's has a decent sized MAC Counter but they're all extremely stupid. The Henri Bendel store down on 57th or around there, they have such sweet MAs there. They're willing to help anyone and they've never been pushy to me or my friends.

Boasorte

I swear I was in Parkchester like 3 weeks ago, I didn't see it, guess I won't be going there hahaha

Candy Christ

They look nice at first but I guess like they turn the mean button on, IDK. They think their better than the world for some reason.

JaneHorror

I cant believe some of the stories I read in this thread, unbelievable what some of ya went through.
An MA should never be rude, even if they are having an off day, or something. Still no excuse to be disrespectful to customer. They represent MAC, the whole company. If an MA is rude to one person, that person can go and complain, and tell everyone not to go to that store or counter. That one MA can make that one store or counter look bad.
It really doesnt bother me if an MA doesnt know everything, like all the new products and stuff like that. Now not to know what a pigment or paint is, thats pretty sad, especially if they "supposedly" use MAC. An MA doesnt need to go to training to know the simple stuff , they can do research on their own. They should at least know the basics, what brush is for what, how to use such and such.

I never really experience a rude encounter, but I when I go to the MAC counter where I live. All they do is stare at me O_O, and they keep their eyes on me all the time. Its extremely uncomfortable, weird and annoying, I seriously brought the wrong something, I forgot.But I always feel rushed when I go there, they can be a whole bunch of other people there too.

Candy Christ

They used to do that to me the first time I went to MAC (the same counter with the idiot chick). I hate when I feel like I'm being rushed, especially when they're there to help you out, not stare at you like you're some nuclear waste swamp monster.

Boasorte

omg..today I went to MAC in the Bloomys in SoHo, this airhead MA I was talking to didn't know where the MSFs were, SHE WAS UNPACKING THEM smh..
then I asked her simple minded a** for the 226, she gave me the 224 and I didn't notice until I was already on the train.
So I decided to go to the Bloomys on 59th St to exchange it
asked this guy for the 226, he took one look behind him and said "there's no such thing as the 226" (Seriously)
I asked another guy though, and he went and got it for me, but seriously, I went thru all that traveling around Manhattan for a brush, to only deal with stupid people..... gosh I hate those MAs sometimes....

*on the plus side the 2nd guy who helped me told me I should come back to apply since they're hiring*

ms.marymac

I am curious...does anyone actually call a MSF a "MSF" at the counter? A lot of MAs may not know what that is right off the bat as most just call it by it's name. I've called it by the abbreviation to both co-workers AND customers and have gotten the blank stare. Just an observation.
th_dunno.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I am curious...does anyone actually call a MSF a "MSF" at the counter? A lot of MAs may not know what that is right off the bat as most just call it by it's name. I've called it by the abbreviation to both co-workers AND customers and have gotten the blank stare. Just an observation.
th_dunno.gif

I say Skin Finish, I'm not suprised you got a blank stare, I swear some MAC employees are dumber than rocks.
I'm not sure if MSF is just an online term, but it doesn't take a rock scientist to know what it stands for, ya know?

the best was when i went to MAC and i asked for the liquid liner because i was in a rush and the SA told me "ummmm MAC doesnt make liquid liner just khol eyeliners" so i went to look for it myself and lo and behold there was the liner and i went back to her and paid for my stuff and she was like oh oh yeah i thought u meant something else and its called liquidlast liner not liquid.... i wasnt very happy w/ mac that day

Carmenitaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpinkninja
the best was when i went to MAC and i asked for the liquid liner because i was in a rush and the SA told me "ummmm MAC doesnt make liquid liner just khol eyeliners" so i went to look for it myself and lo and behold there was the liner and i went back to her and paid for my stuff and she was like oh oh yeah i thought u meant something else and its called liquidlast liner not liquid.... i wasnt very happy w/ mac that day

lol i would have dropkicked her, they tend to get a bit full of themselves when they score jobs with mac...luckily the ones in selfridges are actually very helpful
smiles.gif

Candy Christ

Quote:
omg..today I went to MAC in the Bloomys in SoHo, this airhead MA I was talking to didn't know where the MSFs were, SHE WAS UNPACKING THEM smh..
then I asked her simple minded a** for the 226, she gave me the 224 and I didn't notice until I was already on the train.
So I decided to go to the Bloomys on 59th St to exchange it
asked this guy for the 226, he took one look behind him and said "there's no such thing as the 226" (Seriously)
I asked another guy though, and he went and got it for me, but seriously, I went thru all that traveling around Manhattan for a brush, to only deal with stupid people..... gosh I hate those MAs sometimes....

*on the plus side the 2nd guy who helped me told me I should come back to apply since they're hiring*

They probably know the girls who said there's no 109.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmenitaaa
lol i would have dropkicked her, they tend to get a bit full of themselves when they score jobs with mac...luckily the ones in selfridges are actually very helpful
smiles.gif

lol I would have dropped kicked her ass too, OMG these people need MAC class 101, damn they're stupid

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
They probably know the girls who said there's no 109.

lol no 109?
Isn't it sad how these people don't know the name of the products they should be selling? It's crazy. I'm seriously running of of MAC counters to go to.

So far the one's with stupid ass MAs are:
1.SoHo Bloomy's
2.59th st Bloomys ( well mainly this short old guy with a nasty attitude)
3.Nordstrom counter in White Plain's Westchester Mall ( why is there 2 counters and one store in the same mall is beyond me)

and the one's with rude MAs are:
1.MACY's on Fulton St in Brooklyn
2.34th St MACYS

I love the freestanding stores in Harlem and the one in the Westchester Mall

smh,girl, smh

Candy Christ

Quote:
lol no 109?
Isn't it sad how these people don't know the name of the products they should be selling? It's crazy. I'm seriously running of of MAC counters to go to.

So far the one's with stupid ass MAs are:
1.SoHo Bloomy's
2.59th st Bloomys ( well mainly this short old guy with a nasty attitude)
3.Nordstrom counter in White Plain's Westchester Mall ( why is there 2 counters and one store in the same mall is beyond me)

and the one's with rude MAs are:
1.MACY's on Fulton St in Brooklyn
2.34th St MACYS

I love the freestanding stores in Harlem and the one in the Westchester Mall

smh,girl, smh

Add the Macy's counter in Parkchester to both lists. How they said there is no 109
th_dunno.gif
. IT'S ON THE FRICKIN' WEBSITE!!! Moving on, the counter(well it's bigger than a counter but it's small) at Henri Bendel on 5th and 56th have a really good staff and they're well worth the travel. I've only had the girls who work there but they're so sweet, totally not pushy, and they take their time to help you. I love them.

girloflowers

So i went to elizabeth street david jones today.
Wanted quite a few things, but after the sales assistant ignored me for a good 8-10 minutes i ended up buying two things and getting the rest from other brands and another mac store.

jardinaires

this is not a bad experience with MAC, but i ALWAYS have a bad experience with sephora. this has been a recurring thing since two christmases ago.

for instance, i went in there the other day to ask about illamasqua, if my sephora was going to be carrying it, and the girl i asked kept going on and on about how she was the manager and how she's never heard of such a brand. i told her about it and she asked what price range it was in, and i told her it was pretty high-end... similar in price to nars, and she actually had the nerve to say "nars isn't expensive.. that's about as much as you'd pay at MAC, my whole face is -insert some brand name that sounded like she created from her imagination- and i spent more on my eye look than i did on my outfit."

okay, nars eye shadows are GREAT but they are $22 and that is quite a bit different than $14.50 at MAC. i was generalizing a price range and she was using that as a way of basically flaunting the fact that she supposedly spends ridiculous amounts of money on her makeup, which btw was not very well applied OR pigmented. also, she told me all about her sephora training courses in las vegas and new york.. she was chatting me up about my freelancing work and stuff, and asked how much i invested in my kit, and i gave her a general price range and she actually laughed a little bit and said "you're still a little baby in the beauty community.. we all start somewhere".. also, i recently got hired part-time at my MAC counter (yay!) and she told me that MAC only hires people part-time to keep them from seeking employment elsewhere and that they'll give me no hours. i was a little crushed, but more offended.

i went in there to pick up 2 things and to ask about illamasqua, but even after i had picked out the stuff i made the trip over there for, she was so caught up in bragging to me and making me feel like a mere human in comparison to her makeup-artist sephora-manager godliness, i put both things back and left the store pissed off. i don't even want to go back in there now if she's the manager.

kariii

mac store rant..

So I've been truly loyal to my MAC freestanding store, and I spend between 200-500$ a month between collections and replenishing my kit until I got in a car accident and couldn't make it there anymore, so I've been going to the pro store which is walking distance from my work.

For the past three collections, I have asked them to put things as a pre-sale to me and everytime, when I go to pick things up.. half the stuff isn't even there. It's getting so frustrated but I still keep going there..

So yesterday, I went to pick up my love that look items, I had all 4 pearlglides on hold and 6 of the e/s plus costa chic lipstick, I went to pick up my items and only 2 of pearlglides and 3 of eyeshadows and no costa chic and the funny part is my list was IN THE BAG WITH THE ITEMS. How do you miss more than half the stuff?

I talked to the girl and shes "I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you, you said you were coming on Monday and we're doing inventory then, we were only supposed to put stuff on hold that we had on floor" LISTEN LADY, i'm not retarded, you do this to me everytime, these are limited editions items. I know someone came in to buy them, and you knew I had them on hold so you sold them to someone else to get the sale and your AUS there.

and she has the guts to go "would you like to buy what you have at least?" seriously? SERIOUSLY? after you do this to me everytime, you expect me to still give you the sale? I told her "No, thanks! "

I took the bus, stayed on for 30 mins, went back to my lovely people at the freestanding store where I see the smiles and they get excited to show me what's out and their favorite combinations. Bought everything I originally had on hold there, plus more. I LOVE YOU FILLMORE STORE, SCREW YOU MAC PRO STORE!

/END RANT.

User38

Re: mac store rant..

sighs.. SERVICE is 90% of Customer loyalty!

I refuse to buy anything when I find this type of attitude.

kariii

Re: mac store rant..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
sighs.. SERVICE is 90% of Customer loyalty!

I refuse to buy anything when I find this type of attitude.

me too.. and the sad part is I'm the kind of customer, that doesn't even need your time and help. I come in with a list already, look around and decide if I want more stuff. I don't bother any of them, if one of them is helping me with something, I tell them I'm okay with them helping other people, I will just look around. If I was a difficult customer, I'd at least deserve it. Also I have to mention, the only girl I like at the PRO store is named Sara. I'd go to her if I ever feel lazy again.. but everyone there, is truly useless.