MAC 2008 Icon Speculation and Dame Edna Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

stellarx1587

Has anyone heard who might be the new 2008 Beauty Icon? I'm sooo curious!!! The Icon collections are always my favorite!!

Janice

Re: Icon info anyone?

Eartha was brought in to do vocals and inspiration for Smoke Signals. My contact was pretty clear about it not being anything further.

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
Maybe we wont have on next year- they skipped an icon in '04.

Oh I hope not! I'd be disappointed if we didn't have one this year.
weeping.gif

coachkitten

I was hoping they would have Debbie Harry as the icon but since she was a Viva Glam spokesmodel I am not sure they would use her again.

peaudane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Brigitte Bardot would be fantastic!

BB hasn't aged well.
She supported LePen, the right wing extremist who has said that there are too many blacks in the French soccer team, and that concentration camps were a detail in history.
She has been very active supporting animal rights, but says herself that she doesn't like the human race much.
I think many people in France would be shocked if she became the spokesperson for any company and she certainly wouldn't fit in with MAC's philosophy.

GreekChick

You're right, she created alot of controversy with her seals campaign. She has become a very annoying person to some. I know that in France she's lost her "icon" status because of her opinions, supporting LePen was one of them.
In theory though, there is no denying she is an icon. She popularized the big hair and the smoky, winged out eyeliner. Alot of today's fashion is inspired from her.

Miss_M

I'm really curious about who's going to be the next Icon as well. I really hope it's going to be Cher or Sophia Loren
smiles.gif

Lauren Bacall, Carly Simon and Stevie Nicks would be great choices too IMO.

mekaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
Maybe we wont have on next year- they skipped an icon in '04.

Liza Minelli started the Icon series in '04. They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge.

But Tina Turner would be NICE!!!-------

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekaboo
Liza Minelli started the Icon series in '04. They haven't skipped a year to my knowledge.

But Tina Turner would be NICE!!!-------

Or Pattie Labelle.

greatscott2000

Liza was in '03 along with Eddie Izzard's collection.
I would consider him an Icon before the series started.
hmm, my possible Icon's- Madonna, or the 90's Supermodels like Naomi, Christy or Cindy.

gabi1129

id like to see debbie harry, madonna, cher. but tina turner would be perfect!

Deirdre

Isn't it time for a male?
winks.gif
Of course I'm kidding, I would identify with a female, far more. I absolutely adored the Raquel collection, and bought both eyeshadow palettes.

I'd like Cher, too. But Deborah Harry would be the ultimate. Only because I was a teen when they were superstars, and Blondie was my absolute heart-throb!

MissMarley

Elton John!! Or my all time dream icon would be DAVID FREAKING BOWIE. I would buy that entire collection with backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts