MAC - A Rose Romance Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

Mutiny was RTV'd like, a month ago. Why did they want it back so fast? We still have Museum Bronze, Copperized, Pastorale, and Dark Soul! What??

And does anyone have pictures wearing the Rose is a Rose quad shades? I bought it but the shades are so not me... I want suggestions and shapes on how to wear it. I'm totally not a pastel boy at all!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Mutiny was RTV'd like, a month ago. Why did they want it back so fast? We still have Museum Bronze, Copperized, Pastorale, and Dark Soul! What??

Oh what I would have given to know this 6 months ago!! I've only just been able to get my paws on a BNIB Museum Bronze after several months of searching!!

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

And does anyone have pictures wearing the Rose is a Rose quad shades? I bought it but the shades are so not me... I want suggestions and shapes on how to wear it. I'm totally not a pastel boy at all!

I saw Pastorale pigment at my CCO and I was going to get it but I don't know if I should or not. I've been searching for Museum Bronze and Copperized pigments for awhile! For the Rose Is A Rose Quad, you can put Seeds of Love in the inner third of your lid, Petal Worship in the outer lid and blend it up to the crease, Contrast in the outer corner and outer V and Solar White as highlight. HTH

kiss

Turns out I was using the wrong type of brush with silverthorn. I put it in my crease with the 139 and a yellow-green shadow in the inner lid with the olive hello kitty glitter liner and it was pure love!! Silverthorn was so much more pigmented than my initial impression. I love silverthorn!

theredwonder

I love this collection, I'm so sad its gone pretty much. I pretty much bought everything but blush of youth... sigh... I totally want that now

annikay

I'm pretty late to the game (again, same with Sugarsweet, why do I want things only after they're long gone lol) but would Way to Love be Partial to Pink Cremesheen Glass in lipstick form colourwise? If so, I'm so getting it!
drools.gif

Juxtapose

I'm so feeling the urge to buy a back up of A Rose Romance. THe only thing that's stopping me is that I've never bought a back up before. I missed the Color Craft l/s too, which would have been a bit different, but would have satisfied my lust for pink lips
smiles.gif

stv578

I think I'll break out A Rose Romace l/s tomorrow. I was in a rush today, and my self-made quad with three of the RR shadows (plus Beauty Marked) was the first thing i saw, so I pulled it out and did my eyes. I remembered why I loved this collection so much. MAC puts out so many collections so close together that I for one quickly move on to the next thing, and even forget about items that I purchased and really liked, like RR l/s!

Leven

WOW i was just running throught he collections of the past year and totally for got about little "Rosie" lol

I remember the only thing that tempted me from the collection was the Gel cheek color. Im kinds hoping they do something similar again! Didnt they release cheek stains with the Cocktails/Cuisine collection a few years back?

MAC_Fafinette14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
I remember the only thing that tempted me from the collection was the Gel cheek color. Im kinds hoping they do something similar again! Didnt they release cheek stains with the Cocktails/Cuisine collection a few years back?

Yes, they released a Tokyo Rose Cheek Jelly with the Cuisine collection in 2001, but no other gel-based cheek products. (And the Just A Pinch cheek gel is a great product; the texture is so damn smooth and blendable! If they have it at a CCO near you, then I insist, I enable...GET IT!)

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I think I'll break out A Rose Romace l/s tomorrow. I was in a rush today, and my self-made quad with three of the RR shadows (plus Beauty Marked) was the first thing i saw, so I pulled it out and did my eyes. I remembered why I loved this collection so much. MAC puts out so many collections so close together that I for one quickly move on to the next thing, and even forget about items that I purchased and really liked, like RR l/s!

I wore R/R yesterday....i so love that lipstick a lot

GlamQueen21

I've been loving Mutiny pigment recently! It's so gorgeous! I still have my b/u of Virgin Kiss l/g and I haven't used it and will be unused.

TeresitaMC

I'm missing Loving Touch see thru lip colour from this collection
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

I love the lippies I did get - A Rose Romance, Way To Love (2), Steal My Heart & Virgin Kiss

LMD84

the other day i drove myself mental because i couldn't think what the pigment was that came out with this collection! i knew there was mutiny which i already had but knew there was another (that i even bought!!) just couldn't think what! when i got home i jumped on specktra and couldn't believe i forgot circa plum pigment!

i wish i had got some of the lip stains but didn't like how small they were compared to other stains mac have done - but of course at the same price!

StarrySim

help with beauty powders

I have Summer Rose and Blush of Youth, and I can't make them do anything for me (NW20, brunette). Should I expect these to work as blushes, highlighters or all-over powders?

GlamQueen21

Re: help with beauty powders

Both Summer Rose and Blush Of Youth should work as blushes since they are very subtle. You can also use them over your favorite blushes to make them pop.

obscuria

Summer rose I use a a blush or over other blushes.

Which summer rose do you have, the rose romance one or the one from give me liberty of london? I find that the summer rose from RR was a pain to work with because it was hard to get the product out because of the way they pressed a design into it. Ugh.

kabuki_KILLER

^ Summer Rose was from Rose Romance. The Hello Kitty one was "pretty baby." They both have cool designs, but don't apply well.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuki_KILLER
^ Summer Rose was from Rose Romance. The Hello Kitty one was "pretty baby." They both have cool designs, but don't apply well.

I totally meant that, not sure why I put hk. editing this now.