MAC - A Rose Romance Discussion

LMD84

Re: help with beauty powders

the colour pay off from the rose romance collections was not so great because of the rose print. but other beauty powders are ok. i tend to use them as a topper for blush. or on their own when i want a subtle flush.

annikay

I have both and I use them as blushes! I'm NW15 and I swirl swirl swirl my 129 in the pan and layer on both, Summer Rose is a little easier but Blush of Youth I really have to pack on!
yes.gif

StarrySim

I have the one from Rose Romance. I just wanted it for the pretty design
smiles.gif
I didn't realize it would be so hard packed.

Simply Elegant

I have summer rose and I'm NC20 and have no problems with it showing up. I just sweep a regular blush brush (like the 116) and apply. Sometimes I will scrape off some with my tweezers and mix with some moisturizer to make a cream blush.

Anneri

I'd love MAC to repromote Silverthorn e/s! I just love that. It's my go-to e/s.
And I'm so afraid to hit the pan with this one...

brokenxbeauty

I can't believe how old this collection is, wow! But I stumbled upon my eyeshadow purchases from this collection the other day. They've been used probably twice and I remembered not being happy with the color payoff. I purchased Of Summer and Et tu bouquet? and they are such pretty colors but I can't seem to get Of Summer specifically to show that light lavender tint it has, it just looks more chalky than pretty. I tried applying them wet and this worked well with Et tu bouquet? but I'm still having trouble with Of Summer. I was going to sell them but they're so pretty that I don't want to part with them! LOL.
Sorry, I know it's been years since this collection came out but really hoping someone has some advice :)

OctoberViolet

I missed this collection when it came out somehow. I hope some of the items are repromoted in the future. Especially the lippies.
love.gif

Mac-Guy

Ha! I just bought BU's of both beauty powders as I found them at a CCO. They are sheer enough to be worn all over and they give a beautiful sheen that complements my fair skin. :encore:

Miss Dynamite

I can't believe how old this collection is, wow! But I stumbled upon my eyeshadow purchases from this collection the other day. They've been used probably twice and I remembered not being happy with the color payoff. I purchased Of Summer and Et tu bouquet? and they are such pretty colors but I can't seem to get Of Summer specifically to show that light lavender tint it has, it just looks more chalky than pretty. I tried applying them wet and this worked well with Et tu bouquet? but I'm still having trouble with Of Summer. I was going to sell them but they're so pretty that I don't want to part with them! LOL.
Sorry, I know it's been years since this collection came out but really hoping someone has some advice :)
Trying using them over Nyx jumbo pencil in Milk...it's a miracle worker. And wow...I can't believe how old this collection is...I still use several of these products pretty often.

GlamQueen21

Man! This collection was so lovely! I only got Silverthorn e/s, Virgin Kiss l/g (backed it up and on my second tube) and Mutiny p/g. I wish that MAC would repromote Virgin Kiss l/g! I'm scared to use it all up!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Man! This collection was so lovely! I only got Silverthorn e/s, Virgin Kiss l/g (backed it up and on my second tube) and Mutiny p/g. I wish that MAC would repromote Virgin Kiss l/g! I'm scared to use it all up!
I love love love Silverthorn! I've never seen a silver shade so pretty.

Fiberluver

Boy,

Doesn't time fly!

I can't believe how long ago this collection came out either!

The only thing I picked up from RR was Just a Pinch Gel blush.

I use it on my lips and cheeks.

I wish MAC would bring out more gel blushes.

This shade is lovely!

Mac-Guy

Boy,

Doesn't time fly!

I can't believe how long ago this collection came out either!

The only thing I picked up from RR was Just a Pinch Gel blush.

I use it on my lips and cheeks.

I wish MAC would bring out more gel blushes.

This shade is lovely!
I would love if it was repromoted. I ran out of mine (and my BU).

Fiberluver

I would love if it was repromoted. I ran out of mine (and my BU).
Mac-Guy -

I feel your pain!

Was Just A Pinch the only gel blush made made?

I don't recall seeing any others.

Its loveliness reminds me of Crushed Bougainvillea ccb from Ungaro collection.

I use that sparingly as well.

Mac-Guy

Mac-Guy -

I feel your pain!

Was Just A Pinch the only gel blush made made?

I don't recall seeing any others.

Its loveliness reminds me of Crushed Bougainvillea ccb from Ungaro collection.

I use that sparingly as well.
In this collection, yes. My all time favorite gel blush was Tokio Rose and I've been waiting for a repromote for years!