MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

aradhana

Is it bad that I could tell you every eye shadow I have just by looking at it? I don't need the boxes.. I can just look at the colour and tell you. I find it kind of odd.

I remember the first time I ever went to a MAC counter, I'd been looking at MAC online for so long and didn't own anything that I could guess the lipstick the MA was wearing just from looking at it. Kinda weird...
i can usually do this too, at least when they are in the pots. strangely once i depotted them i have a harder time with them being 'out of context'...

Mayanas

yay! my flamingo from Nordies had shipped!!
My razzledazzler too.

nanaparty.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
My Flamingo (BU), Sushi Kiss, and Sweet & Sour shipped too! I'm gonna wear my Flamingo and Razzledazzler for the next couple of days while I wait for my order to arrive.

nanaparty.gif

ChosenOne

Is this going to be released in Bloomingdales or Dillards?
Flamingo already sold out on both Nordies and Macy's online... I checked Bloomies/Dillards and they don't have it up :/
Sorry if this has been answered already...still catching up on the almost 300 posts I've missed today! But yes, this collection will be everywhere
smiles.gif

MACina

You are having a VERY nice stash,Anneri.Love it
eyelove.gif

It is a great idea to label the compacts!

It's funny how small my stash looks on my pics! Well, that's the organized part of my stash. There're also some drawers and things in various nooks and crannies...

ChosenOne

I had major surgery done on Wednesday and slept the whole day. My DD gave me the cutest stuffed Flamingo on Thursday which i took as a sign that I needed the lipstick. I checked the site from hospital bed only to find the collex launched and was sold out. I was gonna send my DD Thursday morning to my Macy's Mac counter since she works there and gets a discount. I am on bed rest for 5 weeks. I called this morning and they said they only received 5 and to be in line early. I'll be damned if I put my child through what I went through with fashion sets. I went ahead and ordered flamingo and sushi kiss from Nordies. I hope my order arrives safely.
Oh no...I hope you heal up quickly and get well soon! Probably a good idea ordering online... it usually seems to be a safer bet than the mad dash to the counter the morning of launch day. I'm sure your order will arrive safe and sound. And in the meantime, you have that stuffed flamingo to remind you of the goodies that are on their way to you!

MACina

Jenny, do you store the compacts in "half boxes"?
Looks great!

Pretty stash
heart.gif

Very nice! I need to get myself a labelmaker and start labelling things I think. At the moment my stash is just about small enough that I know where everything is, but I have a feeling that may change before too long
shockt.gif

This is the majority of my stash. My NPs and non-Mac glosses (mostly Lancome juicy tubes) are elsewhere, plus a few lesser used palettes. Not outrageous... yet!!

liba

She's NC20, I'm NC15. :)
I'm NC15 and when Flamingo first came out, it felt a little too pink to look flattering, but when I got more sun in the summer and my skin got a warmer cast, Flamingo started to pull less pink and then it was much better. I've got pigmented lips too, though.

erine1881

I'm NC15 and when Flamingo first came out, it felt a little too pink to look flattering, but when I got more sun in the summer and my skin got a warmer cast, Flamingo started to pull less pink and then it was much better. I've got pigmented lips too, though.
I agree, a change in your skintone makes all the difference in how a colour looked on you compared to if you're darker/lighter. And lip tone, and skin chemistry. That's why it's always iffy making recommendations for other people. I don't wear pink eyes/lips unless it's in your face, bright, neon colours. Does it suit my skintone, probably not. Do i love it tho, absolutely! And my lips have no colour. They're naturally very light. So much so that i just apply clear balm or gloss and people ask me what nude lip I'm wearing. If only it were easier :sigh:

Tonetone711

For those who got shipment confirmation from Nordstrom, did you upgrade your shipping? They always take a few days for me to ship with the basic free option.

patentg33k

For those who got shipment confirmation from Nordstrom, did you upgrade your shipping? They always take a few days for me to ship with the basic free option.
I rec'd a ship confirmation tonight w/standard ship (no upgrade). Order placed about 6:30 am pacific time