MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Odelia

Thanks soo much for the colour story !!
kissy.gif

I think I want all 6 eyeshadows, 3-4 lipsticks and Aphrodite's Shell. And maybe a blush or two :D I just hope that ed bronzer shade will suit me!
I really love the name Aphrodite's Shell. I was born on the island where Aphrodite supposedly rose from the sea - the name speaks to me
love.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

Beautybuyer

WERD! You said what I was trying to say... you just said it with some sass! HeeHee Hallelujah! My angel! Dancing Naners... Mosha loves them and so do I! LOL No toe stepping at all! GREAT POINTS! I completely agree I want an amazing face done by my MUA! NO amount of high end products will ever replace skill... EVER! And I'm positively certain both @erine1881  and @pemily  could both beat the hell out of a face with the crappiest of drugstore wares. However, a lot of times your products do the initial talking. I would be much more hesitant in hiring a MUA with DS items in their kit than one that has high end. It just makes me feel more at ease with their professionalism to see professional products. Also makes me feel secure in the fact that I'm not getting a beginner just starting out and building their kit slowly. Maybe for a smaller event or an everyday session it'd be more accepted, but for large company sets or a high dollar wedding party, I want the best that my money can buy and your kit has to offer.
Lmao!! If you ask my hubby I'm just naturally sassy. My mom blames it on ptsd after having babies too close together and quitting my job LOL :p most of the time I don't try to be sassy haha [@]Debbs[/@][@]mosha010[/@] Yay thank you!!! Gosh mac blush seems so pricey now! Besides the special packaging but I guess also because it ED Yay for a frost and lustre lipstick I'll skip those! Lol

ChosenOne

Hallelujah!!! No amplifieds in this collection so maybe I'll actually be able to pass on all the lippies!!! That Aphrodite's Shell though...THAT sounds pretty. Not really sure how I feel about an ED bronzer, but maybe I can find a use for it depending on how it looks in person. Otherwise this collection could be a skip for me. Thanks mosha!! Thanks Debbs and mystery source!!

P.S. Anyone have thoughts on what Aphrodite is doing in an aquatic themed collection?

erine1881

Don't want to step on anyone's toes, just think its an interesting topic of discussion.  To be honest when I think of professional makeup artists, those who are demanded and wanted (because lets be honest, there are degrees to artistry) I tend to think of their skill and not their tools.  Its kind of like the YouTube thing. You can have all the fancy makeup brands, and all the expensive brushes...but that skill and talent? Gosh, that's a mixture of training and art. I completely understand that when you're getting your makeup applied you want the luxury and fancy, but I also think when it comes to how you look... I've seen too many gals with the yellow triangles of doom quoting, "This is the technique that makes Kim Kardashian look stunning." but you know they know nothing about the logic behind why Kim K;s makeup artist did that or how to adapt that to a woman with a totally different face shape and tone.  Its similar to how a stylist can take $20, pick up vintage clothes, and make someone look stunning vs. someone who runs to buy all the expensive clothing and jewelry and still looks cheap. I think a true makeup artist can take drugstore items and make you look flawless and gorgeous, they can make you look stunning on the cover of that magazine and amazing at that special Academy event. So when I think, "Would I be offended?" Honey, if you make me look good I don't give a damn. A $500 muddy face is still a muddy face. (We've all seen the poor celebs who look like they're melting at award's shows).  Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I just enjoy the discussion. Edit: Oh yeah, this isn't taking into account cost. Tbh, I want a mixture then, because what you charge me better reflect the cost of your tools and talent. I certainly won't say boo to a lower price if the end result is good, but yeah don't charge me $1000 for cheaper items because then I know I'm overpaying you.
And i think some people are imagining an entire kit made up of DS makeup, and that's not what I'm suggesting at all. If that's the case, one wouldn't be considered a professional MUA whatsoever. I'm saying 3-4 things thrown in there. I have maybelline mascara and brow gel, NYX nude pencils for the waterline and i just threw in maybelline gel eyeliner to see how it stacks up against blacktrack. That's it. The rest of my kit is MAC, 2 Anastasia palettes and 1 Lorac palette. And the lashes are Red Cherry or from a similar brand. And I'm always up front with my clients 100% about what products i use in my kit, along with my makeup background and training. Besides, it's my experience and portfolio that gets me hired, not what's in my kit.
i like the description for the ED Bronzers - with a touch of fine shimmer LOL it should say Shimmers BOMBS!  i doubt they changed the formula of the past highlighters. oh mac! for me they are obviously bronzed Highlighters.
This is gonna be a hot mess!!!

Miss Dynamite

I'm a bit confused since in the picture, there is a brown eyeshadow and a purple eyeshadow, but in the color story, there is only a plum brown and a blue eyeshadow is in place of the brown.
Anyway...

Siren Song Lipstick
Enchanted One Lipstick
Mystical Lipstick
Goddess of the Sea Lipstick
Clear Water Lipglass
Water Deities Lipglass
Modern Lure Lipglass
Half-Red Lip Pencil
Lorelei Extra Dimension Eyeshadow
Sea Worship Extra Dimension Eyeshadow
Silver Sun Extra Dimension Eyeshadow
Legendary Lure Extra Dimension Eyeshadow
Fathoms Deep Extra Dimension Eyeshadow
Black Swan Pearlglide
Sea Me, Hear Me Extra Dimension Blush
Seduced At Sea Extra Dimension Blush

233 Brush
127 Brush

Makeup Bag

Beautybuyer

And i think some people are imagining an entire kit made up of DS makeup, and that's not what I'm suggesting at all. If that's the case, one wouldn't be considered a professional MUA whatsoever. I'm saying 3-4 things thrown in there. I have maybelline mascara and brow gel, NYX nude pencils for the waterline and i just threw in maybelline gel eyeliner to see how it stacks up against blacktrack. That's it. The rest of my kit is MAC, 2 Anastasia palettes and 1 Lorac palette. And the lashes are Red Cherry or from a similar brand. And I'm always up front with my clients 100% about what products i use in my kit, along with my makeup background and training. Besides, it's my experience and portfolio that gets me hired, not what's in my kit. This is gonna be a hot mess!!!
I missed that defense was also taken over diseases :| I think that could happen to any kind of makeup not cared for properly It's okay Erin I'd let you do a whole face on me of DS :p :D

Odelia

Hallelujah!!! No amplifieds in this collection so maybe I'll actually be able to pass on all the lippies!!! That Aphrodite's Shell though...THAT sounds pretty. Not really sure how I feel about an ED bronzer, but maybe I can find a use for it depending on how it looks in person. Otherwise this collection could be a skip for me. Thanks mosha!! Thanks Debbs and mystery source!!

P.S. Anyone have thoughts on what Aphrodite is doing in an aquatic themed collection?
Well the clean non-yucky summary version of the myth is that she was born from "sea foam" and then she floated to shore on a scallop shell.
girlhaha.gif

User38

the original name for the WW duo blush/bronzer, was Aphrodite.. then it became Mighty Aphrodite..

the more things change.. the more they stay the same

Selina408

Does anyone know why these lipsticks are $16.50 but Kelly/Sharon and Pedro Lourenço lipsticks are $17.50? They all have special packaging so why the price difference?