MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

shontay07108

I use rose water on my face everyday :) But only a pure narural one, not one with alcohol etc added. I never really understood why people like Fix+ that much, it feels sticky and a little itchy on my skin. I guess I'm way too used to natural products. So far I only use it to foil e/s.
Most Mac face products, outside of blush, irritate my skin. I was surprised to find that Fix+ didn't. I use it everyday I wear makeup. It's helpful to my dry skin. Makes my foundation look a bit better especially if I'm using a heavier one like MUFE HD.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Most Mac face products, outside of blush, irritate my skin. I was surprised to find that Fix+ didn't. I use it everyday I wear makeup. It's helpful to my dry skin. Makes my foundation look a bit better especially if I'm using a heavier one like MUFE HD.
Maybe I'll give it another try. I have dry skin as well, but usually only wear concealer & powder.

shontay07108

Maybe I'll give it another try. I have dry skin as well, but usually only wear concealer & powder.
Hey, don't curse me if it doesn't work out again! LOL If it irritates your skin, it's probably best that you stay away. A lot of brands have that sort of product. MUFE has a fix spray, but that thing nails your foundation down! I don't have a problem with wear time. I just need something to help my foundation melt into my skin.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Hey, don't curse me if it doesn't work out again! LOL If it irritates your skin, it's probably best that you stay away. A lot of brands have that sort of product. MUFE has a fix spray, but that thing nails your foundation down! I don't have a problem with wear time. I just need something to help my foundation melt into my skin.
I won't.
girlhaha.gif
It didn't break me out or anything, it just didn't feel natural, like it was sitting on my skin. I might try another brand, but since I rarely wear foundation (haven't found a good match yet) I probably don't even need a product like that.

shontay07108

I won't. :haha:  It didn't break me out or anything, it just didn't feel natural, like it was sitting on my skin. I might try another brand, but since I rarely wear foundation (haven't found a good match yet) I probably don't even need a product like that.
Yeah, it doesn't instantly sink in. Thankfully, I don't leave the house looking a sweaty mess. It just takes a minute. :haha:

liba

It says that it's $32 and you have to call the number to place an order.
Normally it's for sale directly online, but the quantities are very limited, so I'm not surprised it's come to the point where they need you to call in to place an order. Mosha - you're in the NYC area…I HIGHLY recommend making a special trip to the store one day and spend a couple of hours just smelling everything. It's like a vacation to perfume paradise.

liba

Have you tried those MAC Masterclass brushes yet? Maybe all you need is a change of brush to get your foundation looking perfect. I always thought Matchmaster looked a little too matte and formal on me, but with the large oval, it's now become the most natural looking foundation I own - just because of how that brush gets it onto the skin. All my other foundation brushes have been retired.
2cents.gif

Kristin Bacon

I use rose water on my face everyday :) But only a pure narural one, not one with alcohol etc added.
I never really understood why people like Fix+ that much, it feels sticky and a little itchy on my skin. I guess I'm way too used to natural products. So far I only use it to foil e/s.
I love fix+ but i dont get a sticky feeling from it at all. I have made my own sprays before. green tea, havent done rose yet. i want lavender. i love DIY stuff.

shontay07108

Have you tried those MAC Masterclass brushes yet? Maybe all you need is a change of brush to get your foundation looking perfect. I always thought Matchmaster looked a little too matte and formal on me, but with the large oval, it's now become the most natural looking foundation I own - just because of how that brush gets it onto the skin. All my other foundation brushes have been retired. :2cents:
I haven't tried those brushes. They kinda freak me out to be honest. It's not so much my foundation, it's the powder. I just think I need the spray to bring it together. I've been told that with my dry skin I don't need powder, but I feel so weird without it. I've been conditioned. I applied my Nars foundation today and it looked great. I thought about skipping powder, but just like changing your underwear, it's a habit. I had to powder and then I had to use Fix+.

liba

I haven't tried those brushes. They kind freak me out to be honest. It's not so much my foundation, it's the powder. I just think I need the spray to bring it together. I've been told that with my dry skin I don't need powder, but I feel so weird without it. I've been conditioned. I applied my Nars foundation today and it looked great. I thought about skipping powder, but just like changing your underwear, it's a habit. I had to powder and then I had to use Fix+.
It's true I usually don't use powder along with foundation, unless I really need everything to stay pristine; and then I like some Fix+ to meld everything together. What powder are you using? MSFN? I find that one always needs Fix+ on my dry skin. My last one broke and I decided to just B2M it - I'd rather use Careblend every single time or my dearly beloved Elude.

shontay07108

It's true I usually don't use powder along with foundation, unless I really need everything to stay pristine; and then I like some Fix+ to meld everything together. What powder are you using? MSFN? I find that one always needs Fix+ on my dry skin. My last one broke and I decided to just B2M it - I'd rather use Careblend every single time or my dearly beloved Elude. 
No, I can't use MSFN. I have several powders: MUFE HD, Chanel Les Beiges, a Chanel pressed powder, Chanel loose powder, MUFE Pro Finish and I've even used some Mac Beauty Powders. MUFE's Pro Finish actually gives me a great look (it's considered a powder foundation, but I've seen people use it as a setting powder). I also think it comes down to the combinations. I have the YSL Youth Liberator foundation and it was so perfect w/o powder or with a powder like Les Beiges. However, pairing it with Chanel's loose powder one day turned it into a hot mess. So much so that Fix+ couldn't even save it. Had to wash it off. My face is a land mine. :crazy:

jchait

TBH, I will probably get everything from this collection just based on it's packaging. In the past, I have passed on some of the LE/special packaging collections because at first I was like eh maybe? and then they sold out and I was soooooooooo upset that I didn't have the complete set. Now, I'll just buy it all, and if I end up not liking it, I'll just sell it back.

liba

No, I can't use MSFN. I have several powders: MUFE HD, Chanel Les Beiges, a Chanel pressed powder, Chanel loose powder, MUFE Pro Finish and I've even used some Mac Beauty Powders. MUFE's Pro Finish actually gives me a great look (it's considered a powder foundation, but I've seen people use it as a setting powder). I also think it comes down to the combinations. I have the YSL Youth Liberator foundation and it was so perfect w/o powder or with a powder like Les Beiges. However, pairing it with Chanel's loose powder one day turned it into a hot mess. So much so that Fix+ couldn't even save it. Had to wash it off. My face is a land mine.
th_crazy.gif
Your work is certainly cut out for you.
thmbdn.gif
Those bad product interactions are a fact, no matter your skin type.

If your skin is dry and sensitive, take a peek at Careblend. I'm very dry and lean towards sensitivity too and Careblend is the only powder I've tried that never feels like it's coating my face and violating my pores, since the Shu Uemura loose powder I used to use many years ago, which is long discontinued. It's more of a coverage powder than a finishing powder, though, and I tend to wear it on its own. It feels great though! I'm not kidding about that Masterclass brush, either, for foundation, blush, highlighting. I only have one, so I've dedicated it to foundation now, but I'm going to get a second one for powder products. It takes a while to dry after cleaning, but that's it's only drawback.

I mostly try and deal with my skin sensitivities through skincare products ('used this for 20+ years now: http://www.clarinsusa.com/Santal-Face-Treatment-Oil/C010401001,en_US,pd.html?start=3 ), diet and plenty of exercises to keep my upper body, neck, face and head as relaxed as possible. You'd be amazed how much better your whole face can feel from just doing something simple like arching your fingers and combing them through your scalp from the hairline as far back to where the skull meets the neck as you can - do that 100x every day and you will be shocked at how good it feels. My hair can get in the way when I do it, but I work around it as much as I can and it's great. Another one is just rubbing up and down over your whole ears with the flats of your palms, until they feel super hot and tingly. Sounds like nothing much, but it gets the circulation going like crazy for your whole head and face (also very good for the immune system in general). I've got a bunch of other ones, but those two are the easiest for the most results.

You've got your routine down but there's always room for improvement - heck, I wish I didn't believe that so much…it would keep my makeup spending way down.
sweatdrop.gif

alyxo

I use rose water on my face everyday :) But only a pure narural one, not one with alcohol etc added.
I never really understood why people like Fix+ that much, it feels sticky and a little itchy on my skin. I guess I'm way too used to natural products. So far I only use it to foil e/s.
Off topic but if you could recommend some of your favourite natural products, that would be lovely! I'm dry and very sensitive.

mosha010

TBH, I will probably get everything from this collection just based on it's packaging. In the past, I have passed on some of the LE/special packaging collections because at first I was like eh maybe? and then they sold out and I was soooooooooo upset that I didn't have the complete set. Now, I'll just buy it all, and if I end up not liking it, I'll just sell it back.
Omg u sound like me before I joined makeup hoarders anonymous aka team low buy lol. Hehehehe I'm still on recovery and I might fall off the wagon out of the maleficent dissapointed depression that just get tons of aqua stuff based on the packaging alone!!! (Runs to team low buy for some grounding)

jchait

Omg u sound like me before I joined makeup hoarders anonymous aka team low buy lol. Hehehehe I'm still on recovery and I might fall off the wagon out of the maleficent dissapointed depression that just get tons of aqua stuff based on the packaging alone!!! (Runs to team low buy for some grounding)
Lol I am becoming crazy with my makeup addiction but then I think hey, it could be a worsee addiction

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Off topic but if you could recommend some of your favourite natural products, that would be lovely! I'm dry and very sensitive.
Sure :) I spritz my face with rose water before applying oil, usually rosehip oil (the brands I use are mostly from Germany, Switzerland, etc) Sometimes I use pure sheabutter as well, on dry areas or all over. I'm allergic to most creams I've tried - and that were a lot - but one brand my skin likes is 100% Pure (100% Pure | Der Onlineshop der Kult-Naturkosmetik aus Kalifornien). I'm currently using their Coffee Cherry Sun Damage Corrective Cream additonal to the oil, and my favorite eye cream is their Coffee Bean one.
The most important step in getting my dryness under control was making sure there's no alcohol in the products I use. For cleansing I use a balm with very basic ingredients (Sheabutter Cleanser from Martina Gebhardt) and for exfoliating the 100% Pure Pineapple Enzyme Mask powder which I mix with joghurt. At first I thought it was a little gross to put joghurt on my face, but it really calms down my skin, and it works better than just mixing it with water. Plus, the mask is a lot more gentle than a mechanical scrub (which I still have to use once in a while, it's the Brightening Scrub&Mask from the same brand).
There are so many different kinds of oils and floral waters out there, you should experiment and try to find out what works for you :)

MRV

Speaking about Elude, I was able to get the GP one last week (along with my Lush-Light Bronze purchase). How do you use it? Over foundation /as a setting powder? I'm currently using a BB, and I have some F&B left, but no foundation really. I tried Elude on last Saturday, and it was nice, but I think I like the purple CC powder a bit more (combined with BB and some MSF) as to the overall result it gives. One day my face looked just fine after 15 hours. Elude is a better choice for me shadewise though.

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I mostly try and deal with my skin sensitivities through skincare products ('used this for 20+ years now: http://www.clarinsusa.com/Santal-Face-Treatment-Oil/C010401001,en_US,pd.html?start=3 ), diet and plenty of exercises to keep my upper body, neck, face and head as relaxed as possible. You'd be amazed how much better your whole face can feel from just doing something simple like arching your fingers and combing them through your scalp from the hairline as far back to where the skull meets the neck as you can - do that 100x every day and you will be shocked at how good it feels. My hair can get in the way when I do it, but I work around it as much as I can and it's great. Another one is just rubbing up and down over your whole ears with the flats of your palms, until they feel super hot and tingly. Sounds like nothing much, but it gets the circulation going like crazy for your whole head and face (also very good for the immune system in general). I've got a bunch of other ones, but those two are the easiest for the most results.

You've got your routine down but there's always room for improvement - heck, I wish I didn't believe that so much…it would keep my makeup spending way down.
sweatdrop.gif
Great tips. I will surely try them. Need to get some facial relaxation! (I also have a dry and sensitive skin, and I'm a Santal oil user.)

Latest posts