MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Dolly Snow

a little off topic- i took a class on poetry and translation a long time ago. the basic idea was that the translated poem reflects the voice of the translator as much as the voice of the poet. we compared different translations of the same poem and the poems often had different nuanced meanings due to their word choices and the way the translator chose to make the words make sense as a poem... really interesting stuff! okay sorry, back to mac!
I know my dear. I also took many classes in poetry and translations of poems. However we were talking about how the internet does such basic translations, it always comes across different from how a proper translator would translate someones words.

breatheonbeat

I know my dear. I also took many classes in poetry and translations of poems. However we were talking about how the internet does such basic translations, it always comes across different from how a proper translator would translate someones words.
OH
wondering.gif
oops !!!
those are always pretty funny... i didn't read the whole thing hah

Dolly Snow

OH :clueless:  oops !!!  those are always pretty funny... i didn't read the whole thing hah
It was because the site i believe was translated by google. So it didn't all fit but I got the jist of what she means. It's ok. I am not one to make fun of others for how they translate their language into english. I grew up with a father who didn't speak english. But I do hate google and how google translates things. And its cool lol I didn't want people to think I was poking fun. So i explained myself lol. Hope I don't sound to bitchy lol

breatheonbeat

It was because the site i believe was translated by google. So it didn't all fit but I got the jist of what she means. It's ok. I am not one to make fun of others for how they translate their language into english. I grew up with a father who didn't speak english. But I do hate google and how google translates things. And its cool lol I didn't want people to think I was poking fun. So i explained myself lol. Hope I don't sound to bitchy lol
not at all! :D i knew what you meant hahah- i just need to learn to read more than 2 posts :)

kanne

http://ordinarylife-my.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/mac-limitka-alluring-aquatic-moje-ulovky.html

Some more swatches. That purple reminds me of the NARS Kauai duo.

pinkpaint

I just spent 5 min on the phone with my gram, trying to figure out what the hell a "smuggler" brush is. I was like, "What kind of brush is it? Little or big?" And she just keeps saying, "It's a smuggler brush! Smuggler!" Finally, it clicked that she meant "smudger"
th_roll1.gif
But she was still confused lol. Then, she wanted to know how it got in her makeup bag, cause she wouldn't spend $22 on a damn brush. There really was a smuggler lmao

Dolly Snow

I just spent 5 min on the phone with my gram, trying to figure out what the hell a "smuggler" brush is. I was like, "What kind of brush is it? Little or big?" And she just keeps saying, "It's a smuggler brush! Smuggler!" Finally, it clicked that she meant "smudger" :roflmao: But she was still confused lol. Then, she wanted to know how it got in her makeup bag, cause she wouldn't spend $22 on a damn brush. There really was a smuggler lmao
That's adorable. My grandmother is the same.

MACina

I managed to get everything I wanted at the event, yay!
Tomorrow I will do swatches in natural lighting.

I bought:

Enchanted One lipstick
Water Deities lipglass
Aphrodite's Shell ED bronzing powder

(and Dirty Blond fluidline brow gelcream which was also introduced in the same event as well as the sculp and shape eyesahdows, the contour creams and the patentpolish lip stuff. Oh and the new mascara too, it looks very good to me, I will definetly try it once I finish my current tube of mascara.)

My sister bought Modern Lure lipglass and the bronzing compact in Golden. (It does not look identical to the same shade in the permanent line. It looks slightly redder to me.)

I also tried Pet me Please lipstick and I really liked it but I passed it because my sister did not like it on me, she said it was too pale for me... Maybe I will go back on Friday (release date here) and I will buy it, I don't know yet...

The displays look amazing
bigheart.gif

DarylandCarole

I honestly have no idea what to add with my lipsticks anymore. I'm so torn because the colors are kinda blurring together. Maybe I'm still tired from stayin up  all night for the Playland release?
I know what you mean. Sometimes I want GotS and other times I feel like I already have so many similar. Maybe I'll get it and save it, then buy a Mystical for the one that I'll use. I keep going back and forth on the eyeshadows, too. And the bronzer.

Mac-Guy

@Mac-Guy Do you think the ED bronzers will work on my NC20?
I'd say yes. They are both very warm toned, thus they will definitely warm up your NC20 face, but use a light hand. BUT as your signature says that you have oily skin, I recommend that you absolutely try them in person (and then wait a few hours) as it might turn your skin into grease city.

Latest posts