MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

OctoberViolet

I have found nothing new. I have seen @MACina's picture all Over the internet though :/
girlhaha.gif
Ha. Just saw this post Starlight77. Yes. Let's get back to what matters most to us addicts. Makeup!!
cheerleader.gif

buffydiva

I wasn't able to check out my favorite Specktra boards this weekend due to being out and about. I also am having some issues with going back to re-reading the posts I missed. I don't want to get into anything I may be reading wrong, but I do agree that when it comes to Birth Control it is a personal decision. I was put on the pill at least three times in my life, but not for bc reasons, due to my menstrual cycle being all f'ing insane (and still is). I had to get off the pill because I was having problems with it (all three times). I was never on any of type of bc and that was my personal choice. Plus, due to my being on Lipitor you cannot be on the pill also due to one reducing cholesterol (Lipitor) and the pill creates cholesterol (so I have been told). One of my doctor's wanted me to have some ring (forgot the name, sorry) put into my body to help with my menstrual cycle, but again I refused. I have had girlfriends who have been on the pill for many years and never had any problems and I have known some women who were on it and did have issues with it. Every women's body is different and responds different to different bc methods. Overall, you make the choice that is right for YOU and no body can tell you that's right or wrong because they are not you. My two cents for the morning.
grouphug2.gif
Big hugs to my Specktra family.
Well said!
clapping.gif

Ajigglin

I have two kids and don't want anymore. That's enough reason to take bc. To each their own, we all know and read the risks. Mind your business. Edit: not trying to sound ridiculously snippy but after a long day of school work the last thing I expect is people getting reprimanded over birth control. We all get those long ass warning labels that say you may die. Chances are most of us won't. Chances are you could die doing so many things in life. I had an aunt who was so clean lived a good life and still somehow got brain cancer (which she beat) then somehow died of lung cancer(never even smoked). Birth control is a personal decision, go make a separate thread for it.
Nobody was being reprimanded. One person stated her opinion, the rest of us responded with facts and anecdotes.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I heard that there will be ED bronzers as well as regular bronzing powders.
pompom.gif

I'll get a regular one then, I wonder if they repromote Soft Sand again this year.

Can't believe I was right with my ED bronzer idea. If only MAC could make all my other product ideas become reality and not one I don't even want to buy, lol.

Beautybuyer

Who cares about BC and kids when there are more important things out there to discuss like this packaging that is gonna take all my money?!?! Haha JK I have found nothing new. I have seen [@]MACina[/@]'s picture all Over the internet though :/
Exactly! I just want to read about the collection not birth control fears and stuff!! People talk about ghosts and get told to go make a thread but talking about bc doesn't?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Exactly! I just want to read about the collection not birth control fears and stuff!! People talk about ghosts and get told to go make a thread but talking about bc doesn't?
It was just a handful of posts and not several pages long chatter. As you might have noticed, going off topic for a couple of posts happens all the time.
You can create a thread for anything you like in the chat section.
smiles.gif

OctoberViolet

pompom.gif

I'll get a regular one then, I wonder if they repromote Soft Sand again this year.

Can't believe I was right with my ED bronzer idea. If only MAC could make all my other product ideas become reality and not one I don't even want to buy, lol.
iagree.gif

MACina

pompom.gif

Even though I am not getting any bronzers I am happy for everyone who plans on getting any
flower.gif

Still hoping for a Beauty Powder because I' d love to get a product in this pretty compact ....a girl can dream
sigh.gif

Beautybuyer

It was just a handful of posts and not several sites long chatter. As you might have noticed, going off topic for a couple of posts happens all the time. You can create a thread for anything you like in the chat section. :)  
It's just kind of a double standard that's all naynadine. I have no problems with off topic talking. Obviously I came off super bitchy but after a long day it's just not something I really want to read trying to catch up on threads and I know there's people who agree. I could have clearly said it better but after 5 hours of essays that's as good as it was gonna get. I like signing on to escape the regular world and reading in depth opinions on bc is just not what I'd call an escape. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Obviously I came off super bitchy but after a long day it's just not something I really want to read trying to catch up on threads and I know there's people who agree. I could have clearly said it better but after 5 hours of essays that's as good as it was gonna get. I like signing on to escape the regular world and reading in depth opinions on bc is just not what I'd call an escape. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree
I can understand it's not what you want to read :)
As far as I remember the ''ghost talk'' went on for several pages, so this time I didn't feel the need yet to encourage someone to start a new thread. But every Mod and every Specktra member obviously might feel different about how much off topic chatter is too much.
Let's get back to topic then. :)

I really hope we won't have to wait long for the colourstory. I wonder if the brushes will have a special design as well. I'd also love to see an aqua coloured lash curler (like Lancome did last year).

img-thing

Lancome Le Curler Aqua Effortless Lash Design - Lancôme - Polyvore

PixieDancer

As far as I remember the ''ghost talk'' went on for several pages, so this time I didn't feel the need yet to encourage someone to start a new thread. But every Mod and every Specktra member obviously might feel different about how much off topic chatter is too much.

I really hope we won't have to wait long for the colourstory. I wonder if the brushes will have a special design as well. I'd also love to see an aqua coloured lash curler (like Lancome did last year).

img-thing

OOOOoooooo I want that! I def need a new eyelash curler. I've been procrastinating.

kait0

I was really hoping for pro long wear bronzes :(hopefully they will come out in the other summer collection? P.S. the pill reduces your risk of ovarian cancer, which is something there is no screening available for, so when you get diagnosed the prognosis is often very poor. Women are criticized enough for what they do with their bodies, a makeup forum should be free of that.

Kristin Bacon

i want that lash curler lol!!!! if they made brushes in the aqua omg i might have to get one. not a fan of mac le brushes at all.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i want that lash curler lol!!!! if they made brushes in the aqua omg i might have to get one. not a fan of mac le brushes at all.
Maybe the Lancome one is still available somewhere? I was interested in it but never saw it in Germany. They also had a pink one, I believe in their holday collection, that was cute as well. I saw a cheap pink one at H&M too (not sure about the quality though). My fave is still the Shu Uemura one.

It would be cool if the there were split fibre brushes with the water drop design.

Kristin Bacon

Maybe the Lancome one is still available somewhere? I was interested in it but never saw it in Germany. They also had a pink one, I believe in their holday collection, that was cute as well. I saw a cheap pink one at H&M too (not sure about the quality though). My fave is still the Shu Uemura one.

It would be cool if the there were split fibre brushes with the water drop design.
hmmm maybe at a CCO!! i dont use one really but i want a good one to try. i hear Shus is the best. And i would sooooo buy a split fiber water drop brush i would jus have too. oh please mac make a few brushes in this collection!!!!! i cannot resist the packaging. i think its the coolest design on packaging i have seen in..... hmmmm..... well, years!!!!

SavannahLovely

I was really hoping for pro long wear bronzes :(hopefully they will come out in the other summer collection? P.S. the pill reduces your risk of ovarian cancer, which is something there is no screening available for, so when you get diagnosed the prognosis is often very poor. Women are criticized enough for what they do with their bodies, a makeup forum should be free of that.
I was really hoping for Prolongwear bronzers too :( But maybe you're right and they'll come out in a different summer collection :) Oh, and the bolded is so on point. As far as I'm concerned, what a woman chooses to do to her body is nobody's business but her own.

MACina

img-thing

The lash curler looks gorgeous
eyelove.gif

sdetmar2

I too would love some aqua brushes. I actually don't own any mac brushes but would like to grab a couple. Probably mostly for eyeshadow or blush. Whenever I go to mac I don't even check out the brushes. I'm all over the shadows, blushes and those items. Oh and that eye lash circle is awesome in aqua! Wish mac would come out with that too!

Wolverina

[COLOR=0000CD]I apologize ahead of time, but I wasn't sure where to post this. According to Dlisted.com, one of my favorite celebrity gossip websites there is a Jem and the Holograms movie coming out. Maybe, just maybe we will get our wishes and MAC will come out with a collection for us. A damn good collection that is.[/COLOR]:yeah:
I am an obsessive Dlister!