MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

AutumnMoon

I know I want GOTS, EO, and M lipsticks, but I'm swaying back and forth on a bronzer (for the compact and to finally try bronzers) and AS.

breatheonbeat

I think I saw a couple less than flattering swatches in the beginning that made me dismiss it a little at first, but pretty much every swatch since then has been gorgeous! I think this is a real standout.
temptalia said it is less frosty than the original one from the felines collection, so i think that helps too!

pretty_melody

I think I'm gonna stick to my original plan and get AS,Gots,Mystcial and Siren song. If I see anything that looks especially lovely on you gorgeous ladies I may have to visit my mac store,they usually always have new collection stuff in stock for awhile.

breatheonbeat

I know I want GOTS, EO, and M lipsticks, but I'm swaying back and forth on a bronzer (for the compact and to finally try bronzers) and AS.
i'm actually just trying bronzers too!! i think i am going with AS, because i swatched golden in store and it didn't seem pigmented at ALL, and refined golden was too dark and yellow (i posted a pic a few.. or like a million now.. pages back)

MandyVanHook

I love hearing about all the supportive husbands and boyfriends out there! My husband is always super supportive of my love of makeup. He turned an old desk into a vanity for me, and he learns the names of my products and notices when I'm wearing them. Love it!

pretty_melody

i'm actually just trying bronzers too!! i think i am going with AS, because i swatched golden in store and it didn't seem pigmented at ALL, and refined golden was too dark and yellow (i posted a pic a few.. or like a million now.. pages back)
I'm still trying to grasp the concept on how to use a bronzer, I have a Dior one and it's gorgeous but I'm scared to look like an oompa loompa

MandyVanHook

I'm still trying to grasp the concept on how to use a bronzer, I have a Dior one and it's gorgeous but I'm scared to look like an oompa loompa
Just focus it on the areas the sun would hit you... obove the brows, bridge of nose, temples, cheekbones, chin. Run a little down your neck as well so that you match. Go lightly and build up the color gradually. Some people use bronzer as a contour, but that's just not my personal preference. I prefer using contouring products for that.

pretty_melody

I love hearing about all the supportive husbands and boyfriends out there! My husband is always super supportive of my love of makeup. He turned an old desk into a vanity for me, and he learns the names of my products and notices when I'm wearing them. Love it!
Aww what a sweetie! He sounds amazing. My bf knows I've been through alot what with constant panic attacks and a just plain crappy past. It makes him happy to see me get excited about things. We went to ikea and he bought me a vanity and cute little lights for it.

MandyVanHook

Aww what a sweetie! He sounds amazing. My bf knows I've been through alot what with constant panic attacks and a just plain crappy past. It makes him happy to see me get excited about things. We went to ikea and he bought me a vanity and cute little lights for it.
Aww, yay!! Sounds like you've got a keeper!

pretty_melody

Just focus it on the areas the sun would hit you... obove the brows, bridge of nose, temples, cheekbones, chin. Run a little down your neck as well so that you match. Go lightly and build up the color gradually. Some people use bronzer as a contour, but that's just not my personal preference. I prefer using contouring products for that.
Great tips! I'm obsessed with contouring it is so gorgeous when I get it down right! Do you prefer powders or creams for contouring?

BitterSweet1016

That's awesome ^_^

Mine doesn't care at all about the names or products but does support me with it and does comment on how pretty I look when I do take the time with my makeup.

If I show him two red lipsticks and ask which one would go better with said look he just says they look the same to him which I know is BS because he also helps me with my photography and can point out different shades and hues when it comes to me asking him about edits I've done haha

MaitaiFluff

I told my self originally that I was just going to stick with a couple of lip products (now I want ALL the lipsticks), but as I see and hear more about AS, I want it too. It's a hard life being a makeup addict.

MandyVanHook

Great tips! I'm obsessed with contouring it is so gorgeous when I get it down right! Do you prefer powders or creams for contouring?
I am currently using both. I start out with Illamasqua Hollow cream pigment, and I layer Mac Sculpting powder (that I just got in the Maleficent collection) over that.

MaitaiFluff

Awes. That's so sweet of him! I love seeing and reading posts on reddit of the vanity setups gifted by supportive boyfriends. The world needs more supported SOs.

breatheonbeat

I am currently using both. I start out with Illamasqua Hollow cream pigment, and I layer Mac Sculpting powder (that I just got in the Maleficent collection) over that.
the lippie and powder you got from maleficent looks gorgeous on you btw. i saw the other day when i was looking in the thread, but didn't get a chance to comment :)

MandyVanHook

That's awesome ^_^

Mine doesn't care at all about the names or products but does support me with it and does comment on how pretty I look when I do take the time with my makeup.

If I show him two red lipsticks and ask which one would go better with said look he just says they look the same to him which I know is BS because he also helps me with my photography and can point out different shades and hues when it comes to me asking him about edits I've done haha
Haha, I think some men are just afraid to admit that they can see and appreciate those sorts of things because they have it in their heads that it makes them less manly. My husband is an artist so he is really good with identifying color and such.

pretty_melody

That's awesome ^_^

Lol he can't fool you with that then can he? "You know the color wheel buddy! Now should I go with the yellow based red, or the blue based red."