MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

NaomiH

Beyonce In the Elevator Collection lmao
th_roll1.gif

JenMakeupHair

Same thoughts I had...plus pros were able to order early.  The general public in North America got what was left of the stocks
I was on at 12am Arizona time, and only some of the items were available while logged into my pro acct. Aphrodite's Shell and Delphic, Lorelei, both blushes & lipsticks that sold out first were not allowed to be put in basket until launch. Both regular bronzers, the brushes, clear water gloss and a few other items were available to pro before it went live. I was able to purchase at 645am az time (bad with time zones since we don't do daylight savings here). And minutes after launch I missed the lipstick I really wanted!

macnc50diva

People are pissed on MACs facebook. Why are y'all surprised? And why do you keep coming back for more if you know it's always going to be like this?
I agree its par for the course. I have a TON of issues with MAC and I'm not happy with their business practices but I'm back every collection so I try my best to hold my complaints because I know it's always some bulls**t with MAC. Either it sells out too fast, they're sending people the wrong items, or sending them faulty and beat up products. With them it's always something. I've just learned that if I'm going to buy MAC, it is what it is and it always will be because we don't stop buying.

Faith05Hope07

I knew this collection was going to sell out fast but I was still surprised by how fast. The other thing I really didn't think Seduced At Sea would sell out before Aphrodites shell!!

​Because one of the Eyeshadows wasn't in stock (coming soon) I think some other products will also get restocked. fingers crossed.
I didn't expect this collection to sell out this fast either.Guess it's cause the special packaging.

lipstickology

I agree its par for the course. I have a TON of issues with MAC and I'm not happy with their business practices but I'm back every collection so I try my best to hold my complaints because I know it's always some bulls**t with MAC. Either it sells out too fast, they're sending people the wrong items, or sending them faulty and beat up products. With them it's always something. I've just learned that if I'm going to buy MAC, it is what it is and it always will be because we don't stop buying.
I think it would help if MAC would get the collection announcements out earlier. I always think how pissed I would be if I was literally waiting on MAC's announcement, because they typically don't say anything (or at least, I never get their tweets and emails) until the collection's been up for a good 20 minutes, and things are sometimes gone by then.

MandyVanHook

I have most of the Nars blushes, but I have never tried them as Bronzers. Maybe one of them could mimic the slightly pinky bronze look of Aphrodite's Shell?
shrugs.gif
Some possibilities are Madly, Douceur, Luster, Sex Appeal, and Lovejoy. I have to go back to work but I will look into this a little more later!

Lipsnliner

I always wonder the same thing, why do they wait until after the launch to send those release emails? By the time you get them, everything is usually gone for big collections.