MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

DarylandCarole

yes there will be counterfeits for many of the hotter collections.. this is a given.  Since MAC is a business -- and it's nothing personal against it's consumers or fans, they are trying to prevent the losses caused by the counterfeiters who pay nothing for R&D, nothing for new tech, creative direction, planning, etc.  It's all big business.  And this is just called loss prevention.  They are just trying to get a competitive advantage by first to market with products, vs. having to share internet time with fakes.
So true. If it were my business I wouldn't like someone copying the products that I spend time and money to develop and produce. Honestly they don't owe anyone previews of products. They have to do what's best for their business. Although I certainly like the sneak peeks! But if they say it's okay every employee would start doing it.

User38

That "Color of the Year" baloney is just marketing-speak concocted by Pantone + Sephora. There are services that do color forecasting for every industry and you will definitely get themes and recommended "hot" colors, but those are all developed a few years before the products get to the public. Meanwhile Pantone has a direct relationship with Sephora now, so you knoetimw they will be flogging the colors that were part of their service. Some other company that doesn't buy those particular forecasts (and they cost PLENTY MUCHO), might not randomly dream up products in that same shade - although it's always interesting to see the mass mind with these things, as many different designers will come up with related ideas, totally independently of each other other all the time. Experienced this over and over when I was a clothing designer. Trend forecasting is a science, and art and also just a money making ploy, haha.

It's amazing to think it just takes 7 days now. Now I'm really not surprised at how close they try to play it to the chest
absolutely.. it's about one week lead time to market with new products made in China, India, etc. Sometimes assembled in other 3rd world countries where labor is even cheaper.

This is the plague of many designers and creative people as well as the companies who manufacture and produce the products we use.. and often complain about.

By force majeur, I am on their side -- I see the bottom lines and it's sometimes scary to see losses.

Spectacular

I don't know why MAC is playing, most of these leaks occur on a company level - nothing to do with beauty bloggers, instagrammers or what not. Maybe they should do a little in company investigation because from my experience...these are factory issues and people who have access to the info. People have to understand that for those counter-fitters they make things based off images, not exact specifications. Sometimes they end up making counterfeits of packaging that was only one of the 'maybe's created for multiple choices, then the real item shows up in an entirely different package.

Sometimes they get the packaging right but not the lettering or the exact dimensions (tube is too short, too wide, etc.). I don't blame MAC for hating it, but they're barking at the wrong dog. Don't ever go after the consumer unless they're doing something illegal, always check in your own company.

User38

I don't know why MAC is playing, most of these leaks occur on a company level - nothing to do with beauty bloggers, instagrammers or what not. Maybe they should do a little in company investigation because from my experience...these are factory issues and people who have access to the info. People have to understand that for those counter-fitters they make things based off images, not exact specifications. Sometimes they end up making counterfeits of packaging that was only one of the 'maybe's created for multiple choices, then the real item shows up in an entirely different package.

Sometimes they get the packaging right but not the lettering or the exact dimensions (tube is too short, too wide, etc.). I don't blame MAC for hating it, but they're barking at the wrong dog. Don't ever go after the consumer unless they're doing something illegal, always check in your own company.
Why would you think they are punishing the consumer? I have not heard of this at all, it's just defensive measures for business situations. And if they have to clean up the house, there are so many houses to clean.. you have no idea what the manufacturing of cosmetics entails.

Dolly Snow

I'm pretty sure return policies will be changing soon. It seems inevitable
Definitely ^
iagree.gif

Tatiana87

OMG! I just saw the photos...
th_drool.gif

I'm glad I skipped Patentpolish. I'll probably skip Proenza Schouler for this too. I need to save up for this!!!!!!

I want all the ED stuff, 3 lipsticks, 3 glosses, and maybe one or both bronzers... and if I have the funds maybe both brushes?

Sea Me, Hear Me EDB
Seduced At Sea EDB
Fathoms Deep EDES
Lorelei EDES
Legendary Lure EDES
Sea Worship EDES
SilverSun EDES
Soul Serenade EDES
Modern Lure LG
Water Deities LG
Seducing Sound LG
Enchanted One LS
Goddess Of The Sea
LS Mystical LS

mac_atemywallet.gif
werd.gif

steaminghot

I know they won't give you a refund without a receipt. I never used to have this problem. So it has already started.

Beautybuyer

Why do you think that?  HA! 
Just because over all most places have tightened their policies even the almighty nordstrom. Consumers may feel entitled to returns but it's a huge loss in the cosmetics industry. These big companies are all about more money. Not to mention a lot of other first world countries have tighter cosmetic laws then the U.S. So I wouldn't be surprised if things just start to change yah know?

Kristin Bacon

Even if counterfieters attempt this one they will NEVER get the formula close to extra dimension. i ended up wit some fake mineral blushes they were crap. the fakes are better now but this formula will be a challenge for them!

Latest posts