MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
OMG how did I miss this pic?? Do we have a color story yet?
Because MAC didn't want you to see it.
girlhaha.gif

We don't have a color story yet... just names of the shadows, blushes, lipsticks, and glosses.

trop50

In the US you're so lucky your return policies are that liberal! Here (UK) you can only return a product if 1) it's unopened and you have your receipt 2) the product is faulty (got a dent/scratch etc in it) I think you can exchange foundation though, if the MUA/SA matches you up wrong. If abuse of return policies is affecting price increases globally (I'm sure there are probably lots of other factors too) then I'm all for them changing it (even though they don't affect me). I've heard that when you return something to MAC they throw it away even if it's unopened, and they claim insurance and so there's no financial loss. It sounds like a huge waste anyway, does anyone know if that's true?

DarylandCarole

In the US you're so lucky your return policies are that liberal! Here (UK) you can only return a product if 1) it's unopened and you have your receipt 2) the product is faulty (got a dent/scratch etc in it) I think you can exchange foundation though, if the MUA/SA matches you up wrong. If abuse of return policies is affecting price increases globally (I'm sure there are probably lots of other factors too) then I'm all for them changing it (even though they don't affect me). I've heard that when you return something to MAC they throw it away even if it's unopened, and they claim insurance and so there's no financial loss. It sounds like a huge waste anyway, does anyone know if that's true?
I was told by a MAC SA that they have to throw away returns for sanity reasons. I don't know about the insurance, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't cover it all. I try not to return often because I hate the thought that they have to throw it away.

pemily

Once I rung chanel said my name (the particular counter I go to) and said I had used an eyeshadow that just wasn't for me! The girl had posted it to me and ensured I would love it, I clearly stated it was used. The sa said to me if No one can tell it's used you can return it.... Needless to say when I got there she was very embarrassed and told me she thought I was another of the sa with the same name...

Mac-Guy

very true sss215.. but insurance is not cheap and rates have increased exponentially. In fact, part of the rationale in tightening returns again is that the rates for ins have soared, thus making the whole return issue unviable. As you noted, the companies recoup "some" losses from returns.. but that's what's covered by ins.. and if ins goes up, their losses will increase. As it is, the larger stores are still suffering and don't make enough profits to maintain the operations they run.

I agree with returning unused and undamaged products but to return something after you have worn it for a week, is simply deception.

sorry. again.... this is my work and even if it were not, I could not agree to a lot of the too liberal return policies.

Exactly.. and, in those days, retailers made a profit. Today, it's a high risk enterprise to be in retail.

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

PeachTwist

I have to admit, I never - EVER buy something for packaging.. but I'll be buying a lipstick AND a bronzer at least from this collection just so I can have a super cute compact.

Let me just say, I don't even wear bronzer. Ever. I don't even OWN a bronzer. But I will. Just for that adorable compact.

I have such a hard time resisting anything blue. Blue eye shadow is gonna be the death of me.. I have so many. And green... and purple.. pink.. fuck it, I have a lot of ALL of it, but that's still besides the point. ZOMG WANT.

Dolly Snow

I have to admit, I never - EVER buy something for packaging.. but I'll be buying a lipstick AND a bronzer at least from this collection just so I can have a super cute compact.

Let me just say, I don't even wear bronzer. Ever. I don't even OWN a bronzer. But I will. Just for that adorable compact.

I have such a hard time resisting anything blue. Blue eye shadow is gonna be the death of me.. I have so many. And green... and purple.. pink.. fuck it, I have a lot of ALL of it, but that's still besides the point. ZOMG WANT.
Yea I don't wear bronzer either like ever, but I might for the packaging lol

User38

Everytime I see this I hyperventilate cause I suspect you know what it is. And what it is is good. Hence, I hyperventilate.
rofl.gif
As I said befoe, IF I knew, I could NOT say .. so, I will buy for the compact alone.. and hope for what I want and wish inside.. lol.

I sound Chinese.. haha.. don't hyperventilate darling... and if you do, put your head down between your legs and breathe evenly (Bert just told me.. lol
girlhaha.gif

User38

I was told by a MAC SA that they have to throw away returns for sanity reasons. I don't know about the insurance, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't cover it all. I try not to return often because I hate the thought that they have to throw it away.
I guess it's not sanity..it's sanitation. But be that as it may, insurance does not ever cover it "all". Most people return on whims.. and that is a loss right there. Companies lose a lot of money and guess what? they up prices on each and every item, each and every year.. 50 cents, 1.00, 2.00 incements. So, even if you do not return, you are paying for all those who do.

I have also read that You tuber gurus use products, show them, and sometimes even say they "might" return. They should be sued.

Beautybuyer

@HG you sound like yoda with all that compact talk lol!! I agree! Does no one have medical or car insurance? You pay a premium and depending on your premium is what your insurance will pay. Crash your car it gets fixed your insurance goes up. Insurance isn't some magical fix all solution. There's too many people who abuse the returns. I mean if you're matched wrong or receive something wrong/damaged okay. But if you buy things your unsure about and then decide you don't like it you should be stuck with it. You can't return worn/washed clothing. Then there's the return cyclers who have a whole cycle of buying and returning. They buy return get store credit buy return and so on never spending their money. Ugh! I hated those people. the. I have to fill forms for each return and then add it to my inventory check. I didn't work for a makeup company, I can't imagine the amount of returns.

shontay07108

@HG you sound like yoda with all that compact talk lol!! I agree! Does no one have medical or car insurance? You pay a premium and depending on your premium is what your insurance will pay. Crash your car it gets fixed your insurance goes up. Insurance isn't some magical fix all solution. There's too many people who abuse the returns. I mean if you're matched wrong or receive something wrong/damaged okay. But if you buy things your unsure about and then decide you don't like it you should be stuck with it. You can't return worn/washed clothing. Then there's the return cyclers who have a whole cycle of buying and returning. They buy return get store credit buy return and so on never spending their money. Ugh! I hated those people. the. I have to fill forms for each return and then add it to my inventory check. I didn't work for a makeup company, I can't imagine the amount of returns.
Highly and respectfully disagree with that. A lot of people, like myself, are not comfortable with trying cosmetics in store. The only way to really know what works is to bring it home and try it. Live in it for a few hours. No, I'm not going to use half a product and decide I don't like it. No, I'm not going to find that i have a bill to pay and need the extra cash. As much as employees and companies are annoyed with returns, they still make bank. Having a no return policy on makeup that doesn't work for you w/o there being something drastically wrong with it will lead to a noticeable dip in sales. People will be afraid to venture out in fear of being stuck with a high end product they don't like just because there wasn't something drastically wrong with it. I'm not taking the L on a $30 lipstick or a $60 foundation. I'm just not. I don't know about now b/c I'm tight and infrequent with my returns, but Sephora used to take back items without a box and/or receipt. That's just dumb. If companies want to limit the number of returns by an individual within a certain period of time, I think that's reasonable.