MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

cr8zy4MAC

Highly and respectfully disagree with that. A lot of people, like myself, are not comfortable with trying cosmetics in store. The only way to really know what works is to bring it home and try it. Live in it for a few hours. No, I'm not going to use half a product and decide I don't like it. No, I'm not going to find that i have a bill to pay and need the extra cash. As much as employees and companies are annoyed with returns, they still make bank. Having a no return policy on makeup that doesn't work for you w/o there being something drastically wrong with it will lead to a noticeable dip in sales. People will be afraid to venture out in fear of being stuck with a high end product they don't like just because there wasn't something drastically wrong with it. I'm not taking the L on a $30 lipstick or a $60 foundation. I'm just not. I don't know about now b/c I'm tight and infrequent with my returns, but Sephora used to take back items without a box and/or receipt. That's just dumb. If companies want to limit the number of returns by an individual within a certain period of time, I think that's reasonable.
I would recommend getting a sample before purchasing. At least that way you will know. Some people will get a sample as well as buy the item they just sampled. They will take it home and use the sample. If the sample proves to be successful, then they simply use their brand new box of that item. Life is good. If it doesn't work after using the sample, then they can simply return it BNIB for a smooth and easy transaction. I can understand something not working out once in a while. I've been there myself. For those that are unsure, it's better for both sides to simply take a sample home. No harm, no foul. :)

shontay07108

I would recommend getting a sample before purchasing. At least that way you will know. Some people will get a sample as well as buy the item they just sampled. They will take it home and use the sample. If the sample proves to be successful, then they simply use their brand new box of that item. Life is good. If it doesn't work after using the sample, then they can simply return it BNIB for a smooth and easy transaction. I can understand something not working out once in a while. I've been there myself. For those that are unsure, it's better for both sides to simply take a sample home. No harm, no foul. :)
It would be nice if every counter and every store provided samples, but they don't. If they end up changing policies, they'll pretty much have no choice for their own good. I'm not a fan of samples and I'm pretty on point in determining what will ultimately work for me. Like I said before, I don't return frequently, but a strict no return policy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It would probably be a blessing, though because then I wouldn't buy makeup nearly as much just because of that. ..but it's all whatever because the return policies have not changed and this isn't the point of this thread and onward..

cr8zy4MAC

It would be nice if every counter and every store provided samples, but they don't. If they end up changing policies, they'll pretty much have no choice for their own good. I'm not a fan of samples and I'm pretty on point in determining what will ultimately work for me. Like I said before, I don't return frequently, but a strict no return policy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It would probably be a blessing, though because then I wouldn't buy makeup nearly as much just because of that. ..but it's all whatever because the return policies have not changed and this isn't the point of this thread and onward..
Maybe I am missing something here, but in your first sentence, you state that "It would be nice if every counter and every store provided samples, but they don't." Then you say, "I'm not a fan of samples and I'm pretty on point in determining what will ultimately work for me." I work in the beauty industry. I would rather make a sample for someone to take home and try if they are seeming indecisive. That way you can try it out several times and decide if you want it or not. Not only does it save the store the issue with a return, it also is keeping more inventory on the shelf for the person who has come into the store looking for that particular item. I, like you, don't like shopping at stores with a no-return policy. That will deter me from shopping at a store. Looking forward to the Alluring Aquatic Collection!!! ::eyelove:

shontay07108

Maybe I am missing something here, but in your first sentence, you state that "It would be nice if every counter and every store provided samples, but they don't." Then you say, "I'm not a fan of samples and I'm pretty on point in determining what will ultimately work for me." I work in the beauty industry. I would rather make a sample for someone to take home and try if they are seeming indecisive. That way you can try it out several times and decide if you want it or not. Not only does it save the store the issue with a return, it also is keeping more inventory on the shelf for the person who has come into the store looking for that particular item. I, like you, don't like shopping at stores with a no-return policy. That will deter me from shopping at a store. Looking forward to the Alluring Aquatic Collection!!! ::eyelove:
You're not missing anything. I made both of those statements. I'm not just thinking of myself, but of other people. The no return policy wouldn't affect me as greatly as it would affect a lot of other people. They need samples. Because I'm extremely accurate in my choices, samples are mostly tedious for me.

cr8zy4MAC

You're not missing anything. I made both of those statements. I'm not just thinking of myself, but of other people. The no return policy wouldn't affect me as greatly as it would affect a lot of other people. They need samples. Because I'm extremely accurate in my choices, samples are mostly tedious for me.
Please, not need to get curt. I'm tired. Time to catch some sleep. Good evening, ladies. :)

shontay07108

HerGreyness, was there something you wanted from this collection?? I can't quite remember....
For me, the compact could be empty and I'd still buy it. Hell, it could be without a mirror and everything. It crosses my mind every day. I haven't wanted something like this from Mac since Marine Life.

kimibos

For me, the compact could be empty and I'd still buy it. Hell, it could be without a mirror and everything. It crosses my mind every day. I haven't wanted something like this from Mac since Marine Life.
same here. i dont know what im gonna do with the bronzer in it.

shontay07108

Yes you can always depot and put something in it
That's what I was thinking, but then it occurred to me still, what would you do with the bronzer. I'm just going to leave it in there and act like it's not even there. I'm carrying that compact around to be seen.

jchait

That's what I was thinking, but then it occurred to me still, what would you do with the bronzer. I'm just going to leave it in there and act like it's not even there. I'm carrying that compact around to be seen.
You could always sell it. Give it to a friend. Put it in a zpallet. Stuff like that

Beautybuyer

[@]shontay07108[/@] I have no problem with disagreeing :) My opinion comes from working in retail and the fact that we all have to pay for those returns regardless of reason. I like you and I'm happy we all have our own opinions. I'm even more happy that I've had some of the best margaritas everrrrrrrrr lol

Dolly Snow

You were considering not getting it? I didn't even know that was an option.
th_crazy.gif
Lmao I know right......I must have been mental to consider not getting it.
thud.gif

shontay07108

[@]shontay07108[/@] I have no problem with disagreeing :) My opinion comes from working in retail and the fact that we all have to pay for those returns regardless of reason. I like you and I'm happy we all have our own opinions. I'm even more happy that I've had some of the best margaritas everrrrrrrrr lol
Indeed, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing. I enjoy the discussions no matter. Our personal experiences do tend to shape how we feel about things (and I have worked in retail, too actually). It's all good.