MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

LV2EVOLVE

I can't wait to top Scarlet Ibis (SI) off with Urban Decay's Punch Drunk. Aside from that, take a look at Hard Candy's Lip Crayon in Inferno. The base of it without shimmer is like a glossy Scarlet Ibis. I'm going to top SI off with it as well :)

7e8e1722_HardCandyInferno.jpeg

OctoberViolet

Same here! I just went online to see what if anything was sold-out and Flamingo is a no more. Phew glad I ordered mine last night.
sweatdrop.gif

Edit: Just re-checked. Pink Pigeon is now sold out. I have a feeling Scarlet Ibis & Party Parrot will be gone by this afternoon. Get it while you can Spectrettes!

Wow!! I saw that Flamingo is sold out and that was fast! I'm glad that I ordered one!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm... Now you have me thinking about Flamingo... It does look really pretty, but I'm not sure I need another coral, since I don't wear them that often. Is there a link you can point me to with swatches of both? I love lustres as well and I don't want to miss out, since this seems to be one of the hot items...

luvlydee

I have Ever hip so i skipped flamingo thinkig they were the same. Do mind explaining the difference? Thanks :)

elegant-one

I had been searching after Flamingo ls on the site ever since MAC posted that photo of it on the model (Modmom posted it here) months ago about Fashion Week. It looked so lovely on the model. I think it will be different enough from others in its color scale.

GlamQueen21

Man! So far Flamingo and Pink Pigeon is sold out. Now Scarlet Ibis and Party Parrot are staying strong so far. The lipsticks are selling fast just like what Quite Cute did.

sherm

Holy crow, I can't believe two are sold out already! I was going to get Pink Pigeon on Thursday—guess I'd better call in the morning and see if the store can hold it for me until noon.

Rinstar

Question- I want to use Macy's gift cards for this collection. Naturally is up on the Macy's website, do you think IA will also be there soon? I'd rather order online than wait til Thursday!

sherm

Question- I want to use Macy's gift cards for this collection. Naturally is up on the Macy's website, do you think IA will also be there soon? I'd rather order online than wait til Thursday!

I believe Iris is a MAC store and online exclusive and will not be available at Macy's/Nordstrom/Bloomingdales' websites or counters.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Is it bad that I got Fusion Pink and Impassioned with my 4 Iris Apfel lipsticks? I know Fusion Pink looks like Party Parrot, but it's been on my wishlist for a while now. I think I may have focused too much on LE colors and neglected the permanent colors because I can get them anytime. Well, I'd hate to see Fusion Pink go without trying it. Maybe it can be a BU to my Party Parrot? Impassioned may be similar too, but I went ahead and got it because it's been on my list for too long, and I'm on a bright lipstick kick.
girlhaha.gif

VAQTPIE

Oh no! I missed out on Flamingo! My heart is sad . We don't have a MAC store here (it closed a year ago). I was just about to text my MA @ the Macy's counter when I saw your post about it being a store/online exclusive. I just checked e-bay and the cheapest one is $26! I can't do it. *sigh*
I believe Iris is a MAC store and online exclusive and will not be available at Macy's/Nordstrom/Bloomingdales' websites or counters.

Rinstar

I just ordered Party Parrot, but I'm really sad I missed Flamingo as well. And there is no store near me either. I believe the closest one is an hour and a half and I do not have time this week to drive three hours for a lipstick, unfortunately!!

cno64

Quick, try phoning MAC at 1-800-387-6707 (in the U.S.), and see if they still have some!
That worked like a charm for me, to get Runaway Red.
Hope it works for you!

cno64

I just ordered Party Parrot
I, too, just ordered Party Parrot, after unsuccessfully trying to convince myself that it's the exact same color as Impassioned.
I also bought More To Love liner, and a fresh Optimum Black, which I actually did need.
Did talk myself out of Red Dwarf, though, and passed on Howzat, so I did show *some* restraint.
I didn't want Flamingo, but I hope everyone who does, can get it, and for a reasonable price!
Try phoning MAC directly, at 1-800-387-6707, or check Amazon.com.

Face2Mac

Is it bad that I got Fusion Pink and Impassioned with my 4 Iris Apfel lipsticks? I know Fusion Pink looks like Party Parrot, but it's been on my wishlist for a while now. I think I may have focused too much on LE colors and neglected the permanent colors because I can get them anytime. Well, I'd hate to see Fusion Pink go without trying it. Maybe it can be a BU to my Party Parrot? Impassioned may be similar too, but I went ahead and got it because it's been on my list for too long, and I'm on a bright lipstick kick.
girlhaha.gif
I actually think that Fusion PInk is more red than Party Parrot. I have seen Fusion Pink paired with red liners and it always pulls red whereas I don't think Party Parrot would. I also am going to get Fusion Pink b/c I like the iridescence sheen it has over parrot.
Love your blog, btw.

I didn't get 2 day shipping, so Flamingo selling out scares me
eeksign.gif
. I hope I ordered in time.

Latest posts