MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I actually think that Fusion PInk is more red than Party Parrot. I have seen Fusion Pink paired with red liners and it always pulls red whereas I don't think Party Parrot would. I also am going to get Fusion Pink b/c I like the iridescence sheen it has over parrot. Love your blog, btw.

I didn't get 2 day shipping, so Flamingo selling out scares me
eeksign.gif
. I hope I ordered in time.

Thanks! That made me feel better about my purchase. I hope my order gets shipped soon.

duckrodeo

Aww man, I woke up and Flamingo sold out! Pink Pigeon is now sold out on the US site, too! I'm guessing a ton of people ordered more than one Flamingo like I did!

I was worried since I placed my order with the free standard shipping over $50 that I would get an e-mail about some items being canceled. According to MAC site, as of 7am my time, my order's been shipped by UPS! Woot! I might have to wait over a week for it to come since I'm on the West Coast, but at least it's en route!

I got 2 Flamingo, one each of Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon, Circa Plum pigment and the 286 brush.
eyelove.gif
I'm so excited for all of them to come!

Rinstar

Quick, try phoning MAC at 1-800-387-6707 (in the U.S.), and see if they still have some!
That worked like a charm for me, to get Runaway Red.
Hope it works for you!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!! I gotit too! :encore:

cno64

Is it bad that I got Fusion Pink and Impassioned with my 4 Iris Apfel lipsticks? I know Fusion Pink looks like Party Parrot, but it's been on my wishlist for a while now. I think I may have focused too much on LE colors and neglected the permanent colors because I can get them anytime. Well, I'd hate to see Fusion Pink go without trying it. Maybe it can be a BU to my Party Parrot? Impassioned may be similar too, but I went ahead and got it because it's been on my list for too long, and I'm on a bright lipstick kick.
girlhaha.gif
I wavered on Party Parrot, since I already have Impassioned, but I went for it, because it's limited edition, and I love the name!
I also got More to Love pencil, and it was time for a fresh tube of Optimum Black, so I threw that in, too.
I put Red Dwarf in my bag, but removed it when an online artist told me that it's a match for Plum pencil, which I like as a liner but is not a good all-over color for me.

baghdad81

For anyone who still wants the lipsticks they are still on the canadian site, I could do CPs for you and the warehouse is literally on my way home from school so packages should arrive within like 2 days.

PM me if interested I want to help you out if you really wanted something and missed out!

lyseD

Just called MAC Canada and they had "a few" Flamingo left. She gave me free shipping with the code natural too.

1-800-387-6707 -- long wait on hold, maybe ten minutes.

hoshiakari_

I hadn't received my ship notice yet so I called CS and Victoria told me it was going to ship out later today. Whew!

PixieDancer

Fusion Pink and Party Parrot look very differnet on me. PP being more of a bright pink. They are different enough to justify both. Personally, I find FP to be more wearable. PP is a more vibrant "party" color. I won't wear it as often, but it's still nice to have.

If you're on a "bright lipstick kick" Party Parrot will NOT disappoint you my dear!
eyelove.gif

Is it bad that I got Fusion Pink and Impassioned with my 4 Iris Apfel lipsticks? I know Fusion Pink looks like Party Parrot, but it's been on my wishlist for a while now. I think I may have focused too much on LE colors and neglected the permanent colors because I can get them anytime. Well, I'd hate to see Fusion Pink go without trying it. Maybe it can be a BU to my Party Parrot? Impassioned may be similar too, but I went ahead and got it because it's been on my list for too long, and I'm on a bright lipstick kick.
girlhaha.gif

jenntoz

YES! I got my shipping notice! That is so much better than stressing out & seeing my order say pending for 3 days

VAQTPIE

Just called MAC Canada and they had "a few" Flamingo left. She gave me free shipping with the code natural too.

1-800-387-6707 -- long wait on hold, maybe ten minutes.

Dang...I didn't know that I could use the free shipping code...learn something new everyday. Oh well...I know for next time!

VampOwl

Thank you so much for posting that! I called as soon as I saw that Flamingo was sold out and ordered myself one :D. I'm just waiting on my shipping notice.

Hopefully everyone that missed out on it will get a chance to order it again when/if Mac restocks it! Mac has been good with restocking lately so no need to stress that much.

cno64

YES! I got my shipping notice! That is so much better than stressing out & seeing my order say pending for 3 days

Hoo-ray!
There have been times, though, when my order was still listed as "pending" when UPS was ringing my doorbell.

bubbleheart

Can anyone "in the know", tell me if Flamingo is very similar to Cut a Caper? I love the look of Flamingo in the swatches but Cut a Caper looked so awful on me, so I want to steer clear of it if its dupe-ish. Warm pink with just a hint of peach would work...but not coral.