MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

LMD84

Lou, I loved that color combination, pairing those 2 shadows looks really lovely with teh Flamingo lippy! I also like your nail polish! Great Tut, you are making me want to go and purchase Early Bird now!
thank you! the polish is opi mad as a hatter - so glittery but doubt it will last more than a day at work without chipping :p the downside to glitter polish eh?! :)

duckrodeo

Lou, you inspired me to get Early Bird! It really makes blue/green eyes pop! And I've decided it's unique enough from my other shadows to justify buying it lol.

Pinkdollface

I'm not sure if this has been asked already as I am trying to catch up on this thread. How does Pink Pigeon compare to Petals and Peacock? Supposedly when I spoke to a MAC live chat person she told me that Lickable was almost similar to PP. Any thoughts? TIA
Petals & Peacocks is more purple than Pink Pigeon and Pink Pigeon is matte whereas P&P has a sheen to it. They are very different in my opinion.

*JJ*

the prices for flamingo on ebay are insane..
posted a cp request in the wishlist forum, if anyone could help me out i'd be forever grateful!

Pinkdollface

I'm so happy this collection came to the netherlands after all. I was able to get a back up of Flamingo, Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon. I haven't gotten my first PP's and Scarlet Ibis yet, but after seeing the PP's in real life i knew i needed another tube of both. I'm wearing Party Parrot today with a neutral eye and cheek and it's so pretty! I tried Pink Pigeon on saturday after i got the lippies and i love that one as well. I can't wait to get my back ups and Scarlet Ibis. I swatched Scarlet Ibis in store and i like it, but i knew i would wear the pinks more so i didn't back that one up.

Mac-Guy

I'm so happy this collection came to the netherlands after all. I was able to get a back up of Flamingo, Party Parrot and Pink Pigeon. I haven't gotten my first PP's and Scarlet Ibis yet, but after seeing the PP's in real life i knew i needed another tube of both. I'm wearing Party Parrot today with a neutral eye and cheek and it's so pretty! I tried Pink Pigeon on saturday after i got the lippies and i love that one as well. I can't wait to get my back ups and Scarlet Ibis. I swatched Scarlet Ibis in store and i like it, but i knew i would wear the pinks more so i didn't back that one up.

I'm thrilled you got your goodies. Was it available online or just in stores?

And a BU of Flamingo is absolutely fabulous.
love.gif

Pinkdollface

I'm thrilled you got your goodies. Was it available online or just in stores?

And a BU of Flamingo is absolutely fabulous.
love.gif

Only in the pro store in Amsterdam. I had to get up at 6:15 am, but it was worth it. There where two other ladies waiting and one of them was also getting stuff for her friends, so i'm glad i decided to get there early. I'm so happy with my back ups. These lipsticks are so amazing! Love Flamingo and it really reminds me of the colour of flamingo's
love.gif
And i also found a 165 brush. I got the last one
th_DANCE.gif
Didn't you say that one was nice for the naturally blushes? I already love it for highlighting. I always thought it was limited edition, but the MUA said it was permanent at pro stores, but now it's discontinued.

martiangurll

here is a piccie of my tutorial look for reference :)
BTW, Lou, combo'ing EB with Coral Crepe is a brilliant idea. I love that PP, looking forward to using it this Spring. Can anyone who has both compare and contrast Pink Vivid pigment (Or Electric Coral pigment) versus Early Bird?

cno64

That gives me hope to extend my pink lip collection!

I'm trying to get off my bright-pink-lipstick hamster wheel.
I have Girl About Town, Full Fuchsia, Hollywood Nights, Fashionably Fuchsia, Rocking Chick, Fun 'n' Sexy, Lickable, Candy Yum-Yum, Party Parrot, Impassioned.
From other brands, I have Prescriptives Geranium, and Milani Rose Hip.
I just need to stop, and I'm trying to do it without medication. ;)

GlamQueen21

^Me too! It's so hard to resist bright pink lipsticks. I have Full Fuchsia, Pink Burst, Show Orchid, Fusion Pink, Party Parrot, Pink Pigeon, Strayin. Something New, and Candy Yum Yum.

cno64

^Me too! It's so hard to resist bright pink lipsticks. I have Full Fuchsia, Pink Burst, Show Orchid, Fusion Pink, Party Parrot, Pink Pigeon, Strayin. Something New, and Candy Yum Yum.

Oh! I also have Show Orchid and Pink Burst.
I knew I'd forgotten a couple! ;)
I also have Nars Schiap, but I don't really like it.

baghdad81

Who regrets not getting all the flamingo's they had on hold? "Oh no thank you I will stick with the one...I already got a backup in the mail" :headbang: