MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

LivestrongH2

And free shipping this week? Its my lucky day! US site is still sold out...but I am stalking

I've been stalking the site too, but every day that goes by is pissing me off more and more and I'm just about over this entire collection. So annoyed. I missed the collection online and I'm in Alaska, so no MAC stores.

jenntoz

Are there any old school Specktrites around that can tell me how Hollywood Nights from Heatherette compares to any of these lipstick shades?

elegant-one

Are there any old school Specktrites around that can tell me how Hollywood Nights from Heatherette compares to any of these lipstick shades?

lol.gif
I just loved the 'old school' comment. I don't think they are close to HN. I don't have them all but they are much vivid/brighter from the one I have & the others I've seen.

bouquet.gif

jenntoz

lol Elegant,at least I didn't call us old-timers.
friends.gif

I was hoping maybe they'd be kind of similar cause of the finishes, grrrr I passed on candy yum yum & now I am getting kind of crazy stalking the site for a pink pigeon
tease.gif

foxxylatina07

Oh man I can't believe I stumbled upon this collection a little too late. Now I want the Pink Pigeon lippie but it's sold out =( Do any of the ladies here (US) know if their MAC stores have anymore left? I would be so grateful if I can get my hands on at least one. Thank you!!

singer82

Oh yay so glad about the restocking! I finally wore Party Parrot full blown at a karaoke contest last night and I loved it! So I think I'll get Pink Pigeon, even though I do have CYY, PP is not as bright and I just love this new matte formula. I'll also be getting my bu of Restrict and Famously Fab from tdf as well. Dangit I was suppost to save for S3/C3!

lyseD

Lol i am the same...i didn;' even swatch redhead or azalea blossom but because they were the sellouts of their collections i want them now
lecture.gif

I had decided against Flamingo but caved after it sold out on line. Wore it today and it is very pretty but more importantly it is like nothing I already have.

BMoreave86

I was so bummed when the lipsticks sold out so fast! Seems pretty promising that they will restock so I will be stalking Mac online continuously. Flamingo, Party Parrot, and Scarlet Ibis will be mine!

romi79_2008

seeing swatches scarlet ibis is really similar with lady danger and so chaud, both matte, check out this link for pics http://interact.karlasugar.net/groups/karla-sugar-group-1308189861/forum/topic/iris-apfel-swatches-and-comparisons-with-other-like-colors-from-mac/?post=3931

duckrodeo

I ordered Bobbi Brown's Neon Pink from the Nordstrom website earlier this week and it arrived tonight. I swatched it side-by-side with Pink Pigeon, Party Parrot and Show Orchid for a comparison...on the top is Show Orchid, followed by Pink Pigeon, then Bobbi's Neon Pink and on the bottom is Party Parrot. I definitely don't feel like Pink Pigeon and Neon Pink are the same at all....Neon Pink looks like a less purple version of Show Orchid than anything. It was worth a shot though!

peachsuns

seeing swatches scarlet ibis is really similar with lady danger and so chaud, both matte, check out this link for pics http://interact.karlasugar.net/groups/karla-sugar-group-1308189861/forum/topic/iris-apfel-swatches-and-comparisons-with-other-like-colors-from-mac/?post=3931

Wow, they're beautiful and really helpful! Thank you for the link!
heart.gif

Copperhead

Speaking of them both being matte, the colors may be similar but it sounds like some are preferring these newer textured Apfel mattes.

Pinkdollface

I did a look with some of my Iris Apfel items today. I used Sweet Lust on the inner half of my eyelid and Early Bird on the outer half. Diamond Dove went into the crease and i used Blanc Type as a highlight. On my cheeks i used Blushbaby with Light Flush MSF and Flamingo on the lips. I love how it turned out. Early Bird and Flamingo are like the same colour on me and because Early Bird was the only bright colour on my eyes it really pops. I can't really explain it but the colours just look so nice together.
I had no problems with the texture of both Early Bird and Diamond Dove. I also have Robin's Egg, but i have only swatched it. I know i will like that one as well. The matte formula on these is really nice.
I'm really happy with Flamingo. It's pinker than Ever Hip and that's why i like it so much. Ever Hip is a really nice colour, but can sometimes be a bit to orangy. Flamingo just works better with my skintone. I will try to get a back up tomorrow.
The other item i got was Embrace Me lipliner and i swatched it next to Candy Yum Yum and Hollywood Nights and i think it will work great with those. Party Parrot, Pink Pigeon and Scarlet Ibis will be send to me next week so i haven't had a change to compare those. I will look at them tomorrow in store and see if i need back ups of those as well.

Edit: I forgot to add that i used a thin layer of Let's Skate underneath the shadows. The tiny sparkles showing through are so pretty.

stara

Thanks for sharing this. Kinda cheesy that, despite the fact that they're a Canadian company, they won't be restocking the cdn web site though.
As far as I know Estée Lauder bought MAC a few years back so they're not Canadian anymore.

On another note, I'm wondering how Scarlet Ibis compares to Poppy by Joe Fresh. Does anyone have both to swatch side by side?

martiangurll

So they restocked pink pigeon on the US site and now it's sold out again??? WTF!

They did not restock yet, but they are supposed to. I am on the fence about Pink Pigeon. Not sure if the uniqueness of the finish justifies buying yet another hot pink. What to do? (I had this thinking for CYY too and now I will go thru life wondering if I really missed out on something)

liba

They did not restock yet, but they are supposed to. I am on the fence about Pink Pigeon. Not sure if the uniqueness of the finish justifies buying yet another hot pink. What to do? (I had this thinking for CYY too and now I will go thru life wondering if I really missed out on something)
If you already have Rare Exotic, you can get away without it if you're not a big hot pink person. It's more sophisticated than Candy yum Yum, which is mainly there to be insanely bright at all costs. Still, it's the least unusual color in the collection. I wouldn't sweat it too much if you're trying to save cash.