MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

cocolicouss

I heard this collection comes out Internationally next month and asked my cousin in India to call up her local mac to see if they will be getting it and if they are to pick up Pink Pigeon for me since I will be there next month :)) Im praying they will have it

VAQTPIE

According to the MAC Cosmetics Facebook page...the IA lippies will be restocked. There's a post on their wall from yesterday:

[h=6][/h] Erin Courtney
[h=6]Are any of the Iris Apfel lipsticks going to restock? I missed out when they went on sale and am mad at myself for not being quicker.[/h]
Like · · Yesterday at 12:09pm ·

Hopefully everyone will get a chance to get what they want from this collection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
According to the MAC Cosmetics Facebook page...the IA lippies will be restocked. There's a post on their wall from yesterday:

[h=6][/h] Erin Courtney
[h=6]Are any of the Iris Apfel lipsticks going to restock? I missed out when they went on sale and am mad at myself for not being quicker.[/h]
Like · · Yesterday at 12:09pm ·

Hopefully everyone will get a chance to get what they want from this collection.
Thanks for sharing this. Kinda cheesy that, despite the fact that they're a Canadian company, they won't be restocking the cdn web site though.

duckrodeo

That's good news!!! Thanks for sharing vaqtpie!

I brought out my Flamingo today and it was very lovely, even if my lips dried out halfway throughout the day, but such is to be expected with the lustre finish. I wore Casual Air over it just to make it glossy. I'll try Pink Lemonade in combo one day, but I'm waiting for the chance to get Lasting Sensation l/l so that the color will stick around and be more corally. My lips are pretty pigmented so the combo I wore today just made my lips a slight pinky color.

yummy411

ahhh tried on my party parrot.......... it's everything!!!! favorite iris apfel lipsticks in order (excluding morange) PARTY PARROT, flamingo, pink pigeon and scarlet ibis. ok party parrot comes in as #1 because it's so vibrant coral.. it's not the standard hot pink, nor fiery red... and not the trending hot orange.. it's everything, it's corally pretty ahhhh, it's a breath of fresh air. while i know dupes exist i prefer a mac lipstick because i like the texture and finish.

on scarlet ibis vs. lady danger: lady danger got an 1/8 of a hair darker as if it is either a deeper orange or has the slightest bit of oxidation. scarlet ibis stay true to the stand out, a hair more vibrant orangey red.

ok i tried flamingo and nyx's margarita on my hand and i knew they were dupes (with nyx having a touch of frost) but i tried them on my lips and they are indeed different but close cousins. flamingo is brighter/lighter .. margarita has the frost and has a bit of a deeper orange in it. add a bit of c-thru perhaps to get to the lgihter flamingo?

i truly enjoyed this collection. i love it!!!!

allThingsGirl

I got my 3 matte ones in the mail and I absolutely love them all. The formula really is wonderful and the colors are standout. They are must haves!

*JJ*

i'm sooo pissed..
i've been waiting for this collection for over a week, checking the website multiple times daily. then yesterday i went to the gym, and in the hour i've spent there the collection was up and sold out. i wanted flamingo ls so badly :(

Copperhead

Thanks for sharing this. Kinda cheesy that, despite the fact that they're a Canadian company, they won't be restocking the cdn web site though.
I could've sworn someone posted a few pages back that they had restocked the cdn site.

ETA: I found it on page 49. She said only the Pink Pigeon lippie restocked.

VeXedPiNk

Damn it, I missed the lipsticks. I was going to lift my self-imposed "no more buying lipstick" rule for Flamingo. That's what I get for being out of the loop on upcoming MAC releases!! Right now, the Canadian site has Morange in stock and says Party Parrot is "coming soon". All the others are sold out. Boo!!

I ordered Diamond Dove e/s last night - the rest of the e/s didn't seem unique enough to buy. Boy do I ever miss being able to go to the store and try the colours! I had to make all my decisions based on swatches online (I recently moved to a small town with no MAC stores nearby).

baghdad81

Damn it, I missed the lipsticks. I was going to lift my self-imposed "no more buying lipstick" rule for Flamingo. That's what I get for being out of the loop on upcoming MAC releases!! Right now, the Canadian site has Morange in stock and says Party Parrot is "coming soon". All the others are sold out. Boo!!

I ordered Diamond Dove e/s last night - the rest of the e/s didn't seem unique enough to buy. Boy do I ever miss being able to go to the store and try the colours! I had to make all my decisions based on swatches online (I recently moved to a small town with no MAC stores nearby).

Pink Pigeon is also in stock!

bronzedbeauty18

There is hope again for the US website. :)

th_thstars.gif
I've been stalking the site everyday.

purplerinne

I will try to help everyone get the lipsticks they want. Hopefully they will restock when I have money and just buy a bunch and sell em to people that weren't able to jump online. Not trying to make money, only trying to help =)