MAC and Miss Piggy Discussion

Richelle83

I tried with a color similar to Pink Opal and it looked great, especially in the sun! Obviously it could have looked a bit hookerish
lol.gif
if overly done.

Mac-Guy

Agreed. It might work as a blending color in between MMP and CB to get a smoother transition.

Mac-Guy

There are still some on ebay for those who missed out. For example, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Cosmetics-Eye-Shadow-Eyeshadow-ANY-COLORS-/120722766166?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item61cce29925 (not affiliated)

PixieDancer

Thanks! But I just cannot justify paying $40 for an eyeshadow. Especially one that I would use solely as a highlight shade. I am sad I missed out, because it seems very special. But it is JUST a highlight shade in the end. And I'm sure no one but me notices that I'm using something different on my browbone or inner tear duct! HeeHee Just hope it gets repromoted in the future. Should be, based on popularity alone. Until then, I have a whole 15 palette full of highlights to tide me over!

There are still some on ebay for those who missed out. For example, here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Cosmetics-Eye-Shadow-Eyeshadow-ANY-COLORS-/120722766166?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item61cce29925 (not affiliated)

Prettypackages

See, it was light, but I don't think it was that, it was the tone of it, just doesn't look good on me. Does that make sense? It is like it is too cool. I am going to give it one more try, and will have more indepth details later.

Mac-Guy

See, it was light, but I don't think it was that, it was the tone of it, just doesn't look good on me. Does that make sense? It is like it is too cool. I am going to give it one more try, and will have more indepth details later.

It definitely has a cool undertone leaning towards a blue-pink.

arvika

stupid collection, embarassing collection, garbage collection

seriously i cant even believe that m.a.c WRECKED an amazing opportunity like this one

their mistakes:

making the collection online only
all three products were lame
the eyeshadow was a gross colour, hard and chalky in texture, and the shade finish seemed inaccurately described
penultimate liner just sucks in general, needs to be d/ced
the lashes were WHAT EVER man
stupid, uncreative basic black packaging
stupid
dumb
poop
garbage
peepee

funny jokes

martiangurll

I am glad I read this thread because I feel that after looking at swatches, I can be happy with my pink from the Angel Flame quad instead of Miss Piggy e/s (and besides, I love Satin finish) and now I am stoked to try it over the Lets Skate PP.

AND, best of all, I can now officially say I skipped a collection (we are going to ignore that it was a smallish one) and so I can actually think to myself that I have some will power.....well, until I freak out and go find it in the Clearance bin like I usually do

Mac-Guy

I am glad I read this thread because I feel that after looking at swatches, I can be happy with my pink from the Angel Flame quad instead of Miss Piggy e/s (and besides, I love Satin finish) and now I am stoked to try it over the Lets Skate PP.

AND, best of all, I can now officially say I skipped a collection (we are going to ignore that it was a smallish one) and so I can actually think to myself that I have some will power.....well, until I freak out and go find it in the Clearance bin like I usually do

martiangurll

I think I am slowly converting to liking the MAC frost finish most of all, as long as it doesn't veer into too metallic, fish scale, or disco ball territory as it is so easy to work with and really not too much fall out. I like a little bit of sheen, sometimes light glitter, so the frost finish is really, really winning me over. A year ago, I would have said I love Satin finish the best (well, save for Starflash, but there really weren't too many of those to choose) but now its really a close tie. So, even though Miss Piggy and Feather Pink are both blue based pinks that are pretty close in tone, I can see how you would justify having both. I think I will wait to pick it up at Clearance Bin or CCO prices, but I could see myself panicking and snatching it up from the MAC Goodbyes section too to even out an order for free shipping or whatever. All in all, I sort of felt a little like Miss Piggy was a me too collection since OPI and other brands have done muppet themed ones, but I like Miss Piggy and I really like Pink so I may still snatch this up.

I am really wondering what the follow up for Wonder woman is gonna be. Aren't we due for a special packaging collection with some cool graphics?