MAC at Costco...again!

TexasBelle

We don't have Costco near where I live . . . we have Sam's Club instead. But my local Sam's never has MAC or Stila or anything good
ssad.gif

Spikesmom

I looked at the MAC site to see if I could remember the blushes. They had Flirt & Tease and Plum Foolery. They were half price too!!

I'm in Western Washington and ran to my Costco to see if they had mac. They did not. They had the Stila gloss bundles and have had those for about 2 months now.

eidetica

Do not touch MAC at Costco ladies- it's either fake or stolen. Or of some other shady provenence. I didn't know the Coach bags at Sam's were fakes- LOL- but they ruined Coach for me. But too much shady stuff shows up at Costco, including stolen goods with traceable serial numbers stolen abroad. You wanna finance Al Quaida? That's wjat you do grabbing up MAC at CostCo.

Back to the subject... Ebay is periodicly flooded with first rate fakes OR stolen MAC eyeshadows, always a huge flood of a specific group of colors at once. The ten or so noted here have been all over Ebay for several months. I bought two; the packaging is authentic and the product seems real so I suspect this is MAC by way of a Middle Eastern or Eastern European misadventure, "fell off the back of a truck". Gray goods.

A few years back there was a problem with high end mountain bikes winding up at Costco shipped in from somewhere. Too cheap to be legitimate, even if authentic. They had been shipped to Spain to a legitimate dealer, disappeared, insurance was collected, (over a thousand spit new Stumpjumpers- s.o.t.a.) The bikes went out of sight only to show up in Southern CA at Costco with no warranty and bad assembly. These bikes had traceable serial numbers- as you'd expect on a $2K bike. Very shady, and very common with Costco. People were badly injured by the bad mechanical work and the money paid for flight school for men only wanting to navigate 747's. No landing practice, thank you.

There have been a number of other sorts of products appearing at Costco this way... They've been sued repeatedly but you all keep buying the stuff with out thinking so different new products keep showing up. Counterfeiting designer goods is the number one way terrorism is currently financed. I heard it on the news, read it in the paper. Nobody else here did?

When you buy this stolen stuff you support terrorism, organized crime, assorted bad news dictatorships and mass bloodshed, ect. Seriously, who do you think can steal masses of product off docks in Europe to have them show up out of Singapore to California for cheap? Estee Lauder wouldn't deal with CC, it's an image breaker that would ruin an empire. I'm sure they're preparing to serve Costco and get the product pulled if it hasn't happened already.

Don't buy it. And think twice before you shop at CostCo for doing this. Where is your money going?

Lizzy
nerd who reads news, former bike racer and mechanic who hears about a quarter million dollar rip offs in the industry. I WILL NOT shop at CostCo.

allThingsGirl

I saw MAC at the San Jose (Blossom Hill area) Costco for the first time this past week. They had only 1 MAC e/s in "Sable".

I didn't get it, but it's probably gone by now. That was early last week.