MAC at Heathrow/Luton/Stanstead airports?

Hilly

I went to London last year- but not sure if I flew out of Gatwick or Heathrow. In any case tho- the one I went to had MAC. They had a travel pallet!

LMD84

gatwick had a mac counter in the duty free shop. it's where i bought my so scarlet lippie from cult of cherry when me and hubby were going too florida!

Kayteuk

heathrow terminal 1 I think.....Terminal 4 needs to get one, they are loosing so much money by not having one there ;-), I fly from T4 a lot!

NatalieMT

Well the question has quite obviously already been answered but I wanted to add the counters sell the MAC Trip line which is really awesome! Little pallettes and sets of 3 l/g and liquidlasts. It's cute stuff!
greengrin.gif

ritchieramone

Terminal 5 also has a counter, though it doesn't appear on the list of stores/brands available there on the BA website.

I had some of the worst service I've ever experienced there!

LMD84

how on earth did i manage to miss the mac trip line?! i want cute little pallettes!!!! anybody have any more info on them??

ritchieramone

Julie150463 who posts here sometimes has some of the Trip line in her eBay store, Cocktail Cosmetics. I'm not sure if it would be ok to post a direct link here, but I've just had a quick look and if you just search for MAC trip, you'll find 3 sets she has at the moment.

They all look nice, but I've passed on them when I've seen them at Heathrow since I've always been on my way to spend lots of money on holiday!

LMD84

you'd think i'd be able to poass because i'll be spending lots on holiday but whenever mac is involved i spend like a crazy person! last year when we went to florida i must have spent about $700 worth of mac in the stores and the cco's over there! but it saved me lots on the long run and i saved long and hard for all that!
smiles.gif

thanks for the info on the sellers - i'm having a look right now
smiles.gif

NatalieMT

I can't remember what shades are in the Trip palettes but there are lip and eye ones. The liquidlasts I seem to remember are Aqualine, Coco Bar and Point Black I think, not totally sure on that last one.

The lustreglass set I got had Budding, Little Vi and Luminary in it, there are 2 other sets aswell.

The packaging is really no different to the normal line, apart from with the palettes. However the boxes aren't your average MAC ones they have pretty eyes and lips and colours etc on them.

Didn't get my Trip stuff from an airport - local CCO often has it in = even cheaper = happy Natalie.
greengrin.gif

Re: MAC at Terminal 1 Heathrow Airport?

I'm flying from Düsseldorf, Germany to Cape Town, South Africa on the 2nd of May and will have some hours to kill in Terminal 5 then. And to be honest: I can't wait
yahoo.gif

Espescially now, that the Euro is so strong compared to the pound... I think that's the first time EVER that something will be cheaper in England that it is here in Germany (I used to be in London a lot because my bf lived there)!

So excited!!! One more question: Does anybody now the payment methods they accept? I don't really want to get pounds in cash since I only spend a couple of hours in Britain; but don't have a credit card; can you use "normal" euro cheque cards that say "Maestro" on it? I never had problems paying with this anywhere in Europe, but the Brits are a bit different when it comes to money
winkiss.gif

Kayteuk

You can use Maestro, Visa, or just use a ATM and draw out money.

Anyone know if they are getting MAC back at T4 ever again???

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Can anyone tell me what kind of price difference to expect buying MAC duty free in the UK, compared to buying at a store/counter? Just running low on a few items and wonderig if it's worth hanging out until I'm there in April.
TIA!

Duty on cosmetics in the UK is 15% so if an item costs £1.15 with duty (VAT) it's £1 in duty free.

wannabelyn

should i assume that the duty free prices are less 15% only?

Thanks! my flatmate is flying over next week and i wanted to ask him to help me stock up because the GBP is too good to be true!

Latest posts