MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

bluelitzer

Ready to order too!
Skipping all but Lavender Whip too.
I choose to get more brushes and permanent lipsticks instead.
But if the Pearlmattes will still be on the website next month I will pick it up since i don't see me hauling alot from Temperature Rising (just one lipstick, one gloss and one blush for packaging.. none of the lipsticks look like it would be flattering on me).

Odelia

Mooncake damn you! I wish I knew what you look like!
I hope you sell out fast/are too sparkly so I don't break my no buy!
th_wallbash.gif

liba

Mooncake damn you! I wish I knew what you look like!
I hope you sell out fast/are too sparkly so I don't break my no buy!
th_wallbash.gif
Mooncake is one of the sheer glittery ones. It's a nice color, but if you hate that texture, you can skip it.

singer82

Skin does change depending on the seasons, even if you haven't gotten tanned, just from the different light quality at the time of the year, especially if you have really pale, translucent skin.  When I was younger, my skin was so cool white, I can hardly believe the old photos, but by the time I hit my late 20s-early 30's it was definitely changing and now I'm a perfect NC15 in a few formulas - way back when, NC15 looked way too yellow on me and actually every MAC foundation looked too dark (90's). At this point, I kind of need a winter foundation and a summer foundation, even if I'm not trying to get a tan. If your skin is on the fence between NC and NW, I'd say try Matchmaster, or give up on MAC and try some other brands out there. You're probably at the point where you will need to get color matched once a year or so, just to be 100% accurate. Eventually it does level off - the wonderful world of not being in your 20's anymore. :frenz:
Thanks again love! :hug: I actually don't wear MAC foundation anymore. It always seems too dark. I wear mufe hd in pale with yellow undertones and it seems to be the right one to me. I just wanted to know what I was in MAC terms cause when colors are discussed on here I know what I fall under. I'm mostly confused on if I'm warm or cool toned. Cause I'm always matched in NC15-20 but feel cooler tones look better on me. So I wanted to see if anyone could tell if I am warm or cool toned. I do use msfn in Light. But feel the MAC foundations are still a little off.
Sevendust! :heart:
Another fan! That makes me so happy!

shontay07108

I went to a Mac counter in Nordstroms yesterday and the MUA booked me to come in when this collection launches Thursday. I am not interested in this collection and I don't even think it suits my complexion, but I like the MUA so much and she's helped me out quite a bit so I said yes. She said she'll do my make up. I'm not crazy about anyone doing my make up, but I'll give her a shot. The only Mac foundation she can use on me is Face and Body b/c everything else either doesn't match and/or breaks me out. I am interested to see what she can do with my eyes, though. I'll probably buy at least one thing, but it'll be a struggle to figure out what exactly. I hear the nude collection is coming out too(?). I thought that was Pro only. If that's coming out, then I'll definitely haul from that!

liba

I think the whole cool/warm thing has to be taken in context of your eye color and hair color too, plus your clothes.

I think gals with brown eyes can pull off a lot of pale and medium pink lipsticks that don't do anything for me, with green eyes. I can get away with orange lipstick and all sorts of apricot colors, though, because that's the complimentary color to green and rather than detracting, they make my eyes look greener, which then makes my whole face look better. Same thing with the blush. I NEVER dared to wear peach or apricot blush because I figured it wouldn't look natural on me, but when an MA coaxed me into it a number of years ago when I came out of my non-makeup phase, I never looked back. I can get away with most blush colors at this point, because the pink ones look sweet and cute and the more orangey ones make me look healthy.

I really only need to be careful about colors that aren't too cool or too yellow around my eyes, where my skin is darker and there are things like bags 'n sags. 'Just have to take the whole package into consideration!

kissy89

I cannot wait to get Raspberry Swirl
eyelove.gif
Your welcome, didnt think to do swatches for specktra, but I decided to put it up anyway all though they were horrible. Next time I will def do really good swatches to put up for you guys!!

kissy89

I'm still thinking about Eclair p/p on my NC50 skin. Like, does it make sense at all to get it as it may just be a wash of brown on my lids and have no effect at all? super torn...
I saw them in person, and you should def get it! I have NC45 skin tone and it was beautiful! It has these specs of glitter, not anything chunky, but it was gorgeous! It will leave a pretty finish. Its not just a flat brown.

Debbs

Mac just sent this text: Satisfy your sweet tooth. Celebrate Mac Baking Beauties at an exclusive event near you! RSVP option was also added at the end.

Pinkdollface

I wear NC15, but the strange thing is that I tried a sample of a Chanel fountion that is the colour BR12 from their BR range and it matches great too. The Chanel BR range to me seems similar in undertones to the Mac NW range, because it also has pink undertones. Mac NW though are too dark on me (I haven't tried the new NW10 from the Studio Fix range though). Now I'm not so sure about my undertones either. I have blond hair and blue/grey eyes, so I guess I'm more cool toned. Still the NC foundation from Mac works. I also am a 20 in MUFE Mat Velvet+. I think you could be really close to my colouring only you have a different hair and eye colour that might effect how colours look on you like Liba mentioned too.

LivestrongH2

I had this PP from Cham Pale LE, but I sold it because it did not look good on the eye. He was very shiny, like as the New Year's Eve sparkle.
I want to love Dangerous Cuvee, but it has MAD fall out every time I use it.....and not just after applying....it has fall out all day long under my eyes even after I clean it up. So sad because it's gorgeous!

Latest posts