MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

ChosenOne

what are lustre drops?
They're these water-based drops that can be used as a highlight for the cheeks or, more often, mixed into liquid foundation to give an all-over glow (kind of like a liquid bronzer). The most important thing you need to know is that Pink Rebel is perm, so don't stress over getting it right away
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
... time for a new thread!
flower.gif

If you get your information from here, please give proper credit to Specktra. Don't steal!

Baking Beauties April 18

Lipstick 15.00 US/18.00 CAD
Rasberry Swirl - Light white blue pink (Cremesheen)
Pure Decoration - Light white peach (Cremesheen)
Lavender Whip - Light cool lavender (Cremesheen)
Devil's Food - Glossy deep plum (Frost)

Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm 19.50 US/22.50 CAD
Sweet Tooth - Creamy lilac
Baking Beauty - Creamy light peach
Glace' - Creamy pale baby blue
Cheery Cherry - Creamy mid-tone blue pink

Pro Longwear Pain Pot 18.50 US/22.00 CAD
Fancy Frosting - Frosted white
Mooncake - Warm beige
Eclair - Light chocolate with gold pearlized pigments
Let's Skate - Pale pink with pearlized pigments
Dangerous Cuvee - Frosted cool grey

Glitter 21.00 US/25.00 CAD
Reflects Transparent Teal - Sparkling white with turqoise
Pink - Bright pink

Haute & Naughty Lash 20.00 US/23.50 CAD
Black

Pearlmatte Face Powder 29.00 US/34.00 CAD
In For A Treat - Champagne base with matte coral flowers and mint leaves
Pink Buttercream - Light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves

Lustre Drops 21.00 US/25.00 CAD
Pink Rebel - Blue pink with gold pearlized pigments

Nail Lacquer 16.00 US/18/00 CAD
Blue Velvet - Light periwinkle blue (Cream)
Confectionary - Light blue pink (Cream)
Pistachio Creme - Light teal mint (Cream)

129 Brush 35.00 US/42.00 CAD
Powder/Blush Brush

252 Brush 31.00 US/37.50 CAD
Large Shader Brush
Thanks so much for this, Mac Guy (and thanks to your source)!!! The return of Lavender Whip at long last... Can't wait to see how fast this sells out. Devil's Food lipstick (of course) and Pink Butterceam Pearlmatte for me, please! Actually, possibly both Pearlmattes...

bluelitzer

yup :) lustre drops are perm. I love them and I use them everyday and I'm almost all out of it. lol this release is kind of just the right timing to replenish..

pocketmouse

Lavender Whip - Light cool lavender (Cremesheen)
In For A Treat - Champagne base with matte coral flowers and mint leaves
Pink Buttercream - Light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves
Let's Skate - Pale pink with pearlized pigments
Fancy Frosting - Frosted white
Possibly: Glace - Creamy pale baby blue or Sweet Tooth - Creamy lilac (What do you guys think of the mineralize tinted lip balms? Are they moisturizing? Super sheer or do they leave a nice tint? etc)

The pearlmattes sound amazing
eyelove.gif
and I can't wait to try Lavender Whip!

Thanks so much for the color story, Mac-guy! You are very appreciated
th_hug.gif

gracie90

My list isn't as bad as I thought

1. Raspberry Swirl l/s
  2. Lavender Whip l/s
  3. Devil's Food l/s
  4. Mooncake p/p
  5. Eclair p/p (this one sounds especially gorgeous!)
  6. In For A Treat pearlmatte
  7. Pink Buttercream pearlmatte (I adore the name and it sounds beautiful!)

Not half as bad as my ED wishlist
girlhaha.gif

Lisianthus

Another collection with Pearlmatte Powder. Are Pearlmattes the new Beauty Powder? This will likely be a skip for me unless the swatches are amazing.

hwdsprincess

I need to see pics of this first before I get excited... I don't use pastels too much so hopefully I can skip I'm like the sound of the pearlmattes

Audrey C

Yeah, me too - I don't do well with Pearlmattes, although I will check them out, just in case the formula's changed a little for the better. Money saved, if not, because I don't care how cute they are, or even if the color is beautiful, if they do what previous Pearlmattes did on me, which was to make my skin look old as well as have all the peach fuzz be accentuated. Not the best formula for older, dry skin, imo.

They won't be as matte as FM, unless something's drastically changed.
That may be why I like mine so much. My skin at 45 is reasonably mature, but because it's never been dry I didn't have a problem with powdery products. On the other hand, I don't get to enjoy the high-sheen products you do. I'm glad that a variety of finishes get launched so we can all find products that work for us.

liba

That may be why I like mine so much. My skin at 45 is reasonably mature, but because it's never been dry I didn't have a problem with powdery products. On the other hand, I don't get to enjoy the high-sheen products you do. I'm glad that a variety of finishes get launched so we can all find products that work for us.
Absolutely! I'm 45 too - but my skin and hair have always been dry, even when I was in my 20s.

One thing about the Pearlmattes is you can do so many cute embossed patterns with them, it sounds like they're the better bet if you're looking for some off the wall colors, at least in 2013. Both of the ones in this collection sound like gorgeous colors, so I'm definitely going to try them out and see if there's a way to make them work, but there's a certain look with powders that if I see it on my face, it's an instant no, no matter how beautiful the color. Hehe, any chance to save a few dollars is going to be a big help. These April collections are sheer insanity!!!!

Audrey C

Absolutely! I'm 45 too - but my skin and hair have always been dry, even when I was in my 20s.

One thing about the Pearlmattes is you can do so many cute embossed patterns with them, it sounds like they're the better bet if you're looking for some off the wall colors, at least in 2013. Both of the ones in this collection sound like gorgeous colors, so I'm definitely going to try them out and see if there's a way to make them work, but there's a certain look with powders that if I see it on my face, it's an instant no, no matter how beautiful the color. Hehe, any chance to save a few dollars is going to be a big help. These April collections are sheer insanity!!!!
I only have one Pearlmatte (Vera Flower Fantasy), and I can't say that I noticed it's powdery. Then again, I bought it in the summer when I'm oily everywhere and nothing stays powdery on me.

For me, it's any product that amplifies my enlarged pores. MUAs keep telling me that I'm thinking they're far worse than they are (perhaps that's true), but I can't enjoy something that makes me feel like my skin looks worse than it needs to. Hence the fan brush; it allows me to enjoy certain MSF in VERY sheer quantities.

singer82

For sure getting 2 Lavender Whips! I remember regretting not getting it when it first came out. So I'm really stoked! :happydance: The other lipsticks I'm kinda scared about. Beauty looks super bad on me. So any lippies with white in the description is scary. I'm loving the sound of the pearlmattes. Dang now I'm not sure if I want these or Archies! Arggg

iATEaSEAmonster

I'm so eager to purchase from this collection. However, I'm worried that too many of these pastels may be too "cool"-toned if you know what I mean. Combined with my light skin tone, it might make me look like a corpse. x___x

princess sarah

Im not sure what I think of this collection yet although the Pearlmattes sound gorgeous! Too pretty to use almost!

I am glad this is not all Mineralize like I thought it would be