MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

peachsuns

It's a shame that all of the cremesheens are way too light for my taste. Devil's Food sounds lovely though. Nothing else interests me.
iagree.gif

Mac-Guy

I don't care how Raspberry Swirl Lipstick looks...Im getting it because of them name :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9pfaCqChY

SO happy to see more mineralize tinted lip balms. This just makes me even more sure that they will be perm =]
Do you have a sweet tooth?
cutey.gif

liba

I was thinkin of In for a treat for color correcting also. Do you think it will work on darker skintones?
It's going to be awfully light - but if it's sheer, it still might be an OK highlighter. I'm not a huge Pearlmatte person, but I'm wondering if the formula will be a little different this year, considering there are going to be so many of them being offered.

Pinkdollface

I'm not sure what I want from this collection. The pearlmattes of course sound lovely and they will likely come home with me. The lippies I need to see swatches of. They could be too white and the plum could be too frosty and creamy which I don't like for dark lips. I'm not sure if I want to try one of the lip balms, but two of the colours sound like they will work as nude lippies. I have Borealis c/s/g and it tones down the natural redness in my lips and I think the lilac and baby blue MLB could have a similar effect. I'm not sure if I want more pp, but I'll just put the new ones on my list for now. I do not have many neutral shades and these do sound very nice.

Lipstick 15.00 US/18.00 CAD
Rasberry Swirl - Light white blue pink (Cremesheen)
Pure Decoration - Light white peach (Cremesheen)
Lavender Whip - Light cool lavender (Cremesheen)
Devil's Food - Glossy deep plum (Frost)

Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm 19.50 US/22.50 CAD
Sweet Tooth - Creamy lilac
Glace' - Creamy pale baby blue

Pro Longwear Pain Pot 18.50 US/22.00 CAD
Fancy Frosting - Frosted white
Mooncake - Warm beige
Eclair - Light chocolate with gold pearlized pigments

Pearlmatte Face Powder 29.00 US/34.00 CAD
In For A Treat - Champagne base with matte coral flowers and mint leaves
Pink Buttercream - Light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves

Mac-Guy

This collection will work really best on those who are pale and cool-toned. And by pale, I mean the paler, the better. Those pastels will look simply divine on NW5-15 skin and offer a complete look that will not appear overly made up as the colors blend so well with pale complexions.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
This collection will work really best on those who are pale and cool-toned. And by pale, I mean the paler, the better. Those pastels will look simply divine on NW5-15 skin and offer a complete look that will not appear overly made up as the colors blend so well with pale complexions.
yahoo.gif

I can't wait to see the promo pics!

Icecaramellatte

Hmm...i thought this collection would have MSFs...isnt the collection before summer usually mineralized?
It seems like there have been Mineralize Collections in the late summer after the official summer collection has launched. At least for the last 2 years anyway.

Wolverina

I'm in a nostalgic mood for Sugarsweet so I am ridiculously excited for this. Well that and I'm watching Bob's Burgers..

sss215

... time for a new thread!
flower.gif

If you get your information from here, please give proper credit to Specktra. Don't steal!

Baking Beauties April 18

Devil's Food - Glossy deep plum (Frost)

Pro Longwear Pain Pot 18.50 US/22.00 CAD
Mooncake - Warm beige
Eclair - Light chocolate with gold pearlized pigments
I'm grabbing these paintpots for sure!

liba

I love pale pastels on dark skinned gals who work it with attitude too!
girl_devil.gif

liba

My only question with the lipsticks in this collection is: are they going to be too similar to Quite Cute and others. Pure Decoration sure sounds like Playing Koi and Raspberry Swirl's description makes it sound like quite a few we've seen. Still, it's those subtle undertones that make or break colors like these, so the jury's out for me. I adore Playing Koi and Quite Cute and Double Spin, even if there are times in the year I can wear them better than others - when they work, they work hard! Even still, I'm not running out of any of them…..

For sure, I'll be snagging the MLBs, I'm really happy with my Apres Chic ones and use them just about every day - my lips were in pretty poor shape after a bad cold and now they're nice and healthy.

I love the sound of the Pearlmattes, but I'll have to try them on my skin before I buy. If they've changed a bit from previous ones, I'd be interested for sure.

Very interested in Devil's Food if it's got the same type of finish as Warm Companion - that'd be gorgeous!

Audrey C

My only question with the lipsticks in this collection is: are they going to be too similar to Quite Cute and others. Pure Decoration sure sounds like Playing Koi and Raspberry Swirl's description makes it sound like quite a few we've seen. Still, it's those subtle undertones that make or break colors like these, so the jury's out for me. I adore Playing Koi and Quite Cute and Double Spin, even if there are times in the year I can wear them better than others - when they work, they work hard! Even still, I'm not running out of any of them…..

For sure, I'll be snagging the MLBs, I'm really happy with my Apres Chic ones and use them just about every day - my lips were in pretty poor shape after a bad cold and now they're nice and healthy.

I love the sound of the Pearlmattes, but I'll have to try them on my skin before I buy. If they've changed a bit from previous ones, I'd be interested for sure.

Very interested in Devil's Food if it's got the same type of finish as Warm Companion - that'd be gorgeous!
Liba, are you going in to swatch pre-launch? If you do, I'd love to know what you think of the blush and pearlmattes. I know our skin is different but I'm interested in knowing whether the PM could act as blush (doesn't look like it, but it's hard to know just how pigmented the hearts are) and how different to the many recent coral blushes Betty's is. :)

liba

Liba, are you going in to swatch pre-launch? If you do, I'd love to know what you think of the blush and pearlmattes. I know our skin is different but I'm interested in knowing whether the PM could act as blush (doesn't look like it, but it's hard to know just how pigmented the hearts are) and how different to the many recent coral blushes Betty's is. :)
I usually get to see everything in advance, but this April I might be out of town for a couple of weeks
amazed.gif

I hope I don't miss seeing everything beforehand, that's for sure. I really rely on those little backroom sessions for my own shopping, not to mention having fun gabbing about everything and comparing notes with everyone.

Audrey C

I usually get to see everything in advance, but this April I might be out of town for a couple of weeks
amazed.gif

I hope I don't miss seeing everything beforehand, that's for sure. I really rely on those little backroom sessions for my own shopping, not to mention having fun gabbing about everything and comparing notes with everyone.
Oops - I thought I was in the Archie's thread! Too many threads going at once!

chi1216

If you get your information from here, please give proper credit to Specktra. Don't steal! Baking Beauties April 18 Lipstick 15.00 US/18.00 CAD Rasberry Swirl - Light white blue pink (Cremesheen) Pure Decoration - Light white peach (Cremesheen) Lavender Whip - Light cool lavender (Cremesheen) Devil's Food - Glossy deep plum (Frost) Mineralize Tinted Lip Balm 19.50 US/22.50 CAD Sweet Tooth - Creamy lilac Baking Beauty - Creamy light peach Glace' - Creamy pale baby blue  Cheery Cherry - Creamy mid-tone blue pink Pro Longwear Pain Pot 18.50 US/22.00 CAD Fancy Frosting - Frosted white Mooncake - Warm beige Eclair - Light chocolate with gold pearlized pigments Let's Skate - Pale pink with pearlized pigments Dangerous Cuvee - Frosted cool grey Glitter 21.00 US/25.00 CAD Reflects Transparent Teal - Sparkling white with turqoise Pink - Bright pink Haute & Naughty Lash 20.00 US/23.50 CAD Black Pearlmatte Face Powder 29.00 US/34.00 CAD In For A Treat - Champagne base with matte coral flowers and mint leaves Pink Buttercream - Light silvery pink base with dark pink flowers and periwinkle leaves Lustre Drops 21.00 US/25.00 CAD Pink Rebel - Blue pink with gold pearlized pigments Nail Lacquer 16.00 US/18/00 CAD Blue Velvet - Light periwinkle blue (Cream) Confectionary - Light blue pink (Cream) Pistachio Creme - Light teal mint (Cream) 129 Brush 35.00 US/42.00 CAD Powder/Blush Brush  252 Brush 31.00 US/37.50 CAD Large Shader Brush
All I need is that Lavender Whip.