MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

Pinkdollface

That's great :) I have to buy online either way. We have 10% coupons floating around most of the time, but I think in other countries like Austria and I believe Poland there are even 20% coupons sometimes, which I'm jealous of too.
I think most MAC products are 1-2 Euro cheaper in the Netherlands compared to here, so even with the 10% off it's not that big of a difference.
That's true that the products are more expensive in Germany. I once bought a EDSF in Glorify in a Douglas in Germany and it was without discount 50 cents more, but with discount over 2 euro's cheaper, so I was lucky then. It could be worse indeed.

SydVicious

The Euro-Dollar conversion is why I always try to order on MAC's US website and have it shipped to me here in Germany. I can have my packages shipped to our APO address and It's much cheaper. Although, it's so hard to wait for things to arrive. The best thing is that when something sells out in the US very quickly, I can usually wait a few weeks and pick it up at the local Douglas.

Corally

That's great :) I have to buy online either way. We have 10% coupons floating around most of the time, but I think in other countries like Austria and I believe Poland there are even 20% coupons sometimes, which I'm jealous of too. I think most MAC products are 1-2 Euro cheaper in the Netherlands compared to here, so even with the 10% off it's not that big of a difference.
True. I noticed that too. I have thought about visiting a pro store in Germany, since I can safely B2M my items there too but the German prices are holding me back. Why don't we have the US prices here (converted to euros of course)? Immediately thinking about those poor Ozzies (or Ozettes :p) that really have to abuse their wallet when buying MAC in Australia. You see, things could be even worse...
I really hope we'll be able to B2M here someday. I live on the coast so I can't really go to Germany to B2M (unless I go on vacation but we never go to Germany). I should be in London right now (spring break) but our vacation was cancelled so yeah.. missed a chance to B2M.

Pinkdollface

I really hope we'll be able to B2M here someday. I live on the coast so I can't really go to Germany to B2M. I should be in London right now (spring break) but our vacation was cancelled so yeah.. missed a chance to B2M.
It is very unlikely that B2M will ever be available here, because of the statiegeld (I'm not sure how that would be called in english). The MUA's told me that Mac would have to ask statiegeld as well for all the products and that defeats the purpose of B2M.
I'm sorry you were not able to go to London. I'll hope you'll get another change soon.

Corally

I really hope we'll be able to B2M here someday. I live on the coast so I can't really go to Germany to B2M. I should be in London right now (spring break) but our vacation was cancelled so yeah.. missed a chance to B2M.
It is very unlikely that B2M will ever be available here, because of the statiegeld (I'm not sure how that would be called in english). The MUA's told me that Mac would have to ask statiegeld as well for all the products and that defeats the purpose of B2M. I'm sorry you were not able to go to London. I'll hope you'll get another change soon.
Wth, statiegeld on makeup?! I hate Holland right now. :D ETA: In Germany they even have statiegeld on soda/beer cans (unless that has changed in the last few years) and they have B2M?

MACina

icon_eek.gif
...I just looked up the translation for statiegeld.....OMG, really, for makeup???
icon_eek.gif

ETA: In Germany they even have statiegeld on soda/beer cans (unless that has changed in the last few years) and they have B2M?

MACina

It would never have occurred to me...not for makeup
th_dunno.gif

For me, the sense statiegeld for cans and bottles has always been to encourage people to bring them back so that they can be recycled and not to just throw them away.
But I don' t see the need to encourage people to bring back empty makeup packagings.Especially since they get something
in return anyway.To get a lippie for bringing back should be enough incentive IMO.
Well it is for the packaging, but yes it is really strange.

Corally

It would never have occurred to me...not for makeup :dunno: For me, the sense statiegeld for cans and bottles has always been to encourage people to bring them back so that they can be recycled and not to just throw them away. But I don' t see the need to encourage people to bring back empty makeup packagings.Especially since they get something in return anyway.To get a lippie for bringing back should be enough incentive IMO.
Well it is for the packaging, but yes it is really strange.
I couldn't agree more. :nods:

Pinkdollface

It would never have occurred to me...not for makeup
th_dunno.gif

For me, the sense statiegeld for cans and bottles has always been to encourage people to bring them back so that they can be recycled and not to just throw them away.
But I don' t see the need to encourage people to bring back empty makeup packagings.Especially since they get something
in return anyway.To get a lippie for bringing back should be enough incentive IMO.
Yes true the free lippie is the reason to bring back the packages so they can recycle them and for bottles the statiegeld is the reason to bring them back. I don't really see the problem either to just introduce the B2M program.

MaitaiFluff

Yes true the free lippie is the reason to bring back the packages so they can recycle them and for bottles the statiegeld is the reason to bring them back. I don't really see the problem either to just introduce the B2M program.
That's so interesting. I don't fully understand why they would consider makeup a consumable on par with bottles and cans. I know it gets used up eventually, but with the amount of makeup that I buy, I would only be briningg back a tiny fraction of it at a time, or in some cases, ever.

AniBEE

Because it keeps pop up here, here is a review on the Lise Watier Blush in Pink Power.
http://www.beautezine.com/lise-watier-spring-2013-blush-in-pink-power-review-photos-swatches/

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Spikesmom
My friend at MAC said that they swatched lighter than the AG PM's did. They look darker and more pigmented to me so that came as a surprise. She said that these will most likely only work as a highlighter, not as a blush like the AG or Vera ones did.

That might be good for me (and i hope i'm not the only one). I didn't get Betty's PM, because it's too orange for me, but i did get Veronica's, last Saturday.

I was actually disappointed because the pink from the hearts came on SO strong! (contrary to some other people's experiences) I had mostly swirled my brush around them, but i got a little on a part of the brush, and the skin over my cheek bones looked surprisingly bright to me. I don't want moderately intense pink all over my face, just the nice pale silvery pink of the base. I'm even thinking of digging out the hearts and throwing them away.

I won't mind periwinkle on my face, though
heart2.gif

lilinah

Some people were asking about where to get this. As i previously mentioned, it's on-line at http://esteelauder.com

I didn't see it when i went to Nordstrom - i like at least to swatch first, especially when it's something expensive. So i contacted Estee Lauder customer service. It's in a very few "select" Nordies - apparently none in the San Francisco Bay Area - and not on nordstrom.com - you'd have to contact EL customer service to see if it's at a Nordstrom near you.

But it's at Sak's Fifth Avenue, Neiman-Marcus, and Bergdorf-Goodman.

It costs $55.00 US.

MissTT

lilinah, try contacting Nordstrom LiveChat about this palette. They are extremely helpful will give you the counters that are carrying this product. No reason for you to be calling all over the country.

VioletPearl

These BB pearlmattes totally look like the top of a cake.
I am really curious about the swatches, can't wait to see them.

tats

The coral & mint pearlmatte will be mine
eyelove.gif
just because it gorgeous!! I'm also curious to see how it will swatch..

Latest posts