MAC Baking Beauties Collection (April 2013)

MACina

Thank you so much, Genn!

Hopefully I will get a call soon
cheerleader.gif

OT: The Sugar and Spice collection is on the JoMalone site
flower.gif

BriarRose

I am behind and catching up on pics and such. The pearlmattes were what I was most interested in. Seeing actual pics of them now.... Blech. Normally I am not particularly concerned with what makeup looks like in the pan (unless it's super duper pretty, haha), but these two look outright unfortunate to me.
oh.gif
Maybe they swatch nicer than they look.

I think for $'s sake, I am going to avoid them and the two lipsticks I had been interested in, and just get Fancy Frosting paint pot if it is different enough from the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool.

LAKESHA1908

LW is my fave purple lippie. I adore it and always get complimented when I wear it. I usually wear it with Plum liner, sometimes Nightmoth. I originally got it with the Cremesheen release and loved it so much I ended up getting a BU of it & it's Cremesheen glass match Ever So Rich. I gave the BU to my mommy who ended up loving LW too. I will be getting another 1 or 2 when it's released with this collection.
Yesssssssssssssss I love Ever So Rich and still wear it!!!!

martiangurll

Quote:Originally Posted by Baby1black

at least they are not as weird as the betto ditto powder

Isn't that the truth? I am still not feeling the designs. I don't know. Being a bit of an old lady, I perhaps shouldn't say this, but don't they look a bit old ladyish? A bit too girly girly, foo foo and prim & proper. This design doesn't suggest MAC to me. Maybe Estee Lauder. Okay, don't throw rocks at me now. I believe these will be a skip. More budget for Lavender Whip BU's

MissTT

Isn't that the truth? I am still not feeling the designs. I don't know. Being a bit of an old lady, I perhaps shouldn't say this, but don't they look a bit old ladyish? A bit too girly girly, foo foo and prim & proper. This design doesn't suggest MAC to me. Maybe Estee Lauder. Okay, don't throw rocks at me now. I believe these will be a skip. More budget for Lavender Whip BU's
iagree.gif

Genn

My problem with them is they are not Girlie Girl enough for me. They are too plain and simple. I can draw those roses in my sleep.

martiangurll

I LOVE the design of the first one but the colours of the periwinckle one are better for me ;_;
I was thinking the same. Red plus green equals brown, so if the first one is swirled, it should be a nice terra cotta color (orange plus brown)? These colors are going to be hard to predict, swatches will be needed. I hate the designs, but once the colors are swirled, maybe it won't matter since what really counts is how the product looks on the face...that could just be me trying to rationalize a purchase though. I am still leaning towards skip.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I hope that the reports of poor colour payoff are exaggerated, because despite the old-ladyishness of the PMs, I still like the look of both of them. I'll at least wait to swatch them in store, since things that don't look pigmented on others are often pigmented enough on me.

every time I look in this thread, I crave cupcakes...

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif

werd.gif
about the cupcake cravings.

I hope that the reports of poor colour payoff are exaggerated, because despite the old-ladyishness of the PMs, I still like the look of both of them. I'll at least wait to swatch them in store, since things that don't look pigmented on others are often pigmented enough on me.

martiangurll

207535_168231763231161_334562_n_zps1458ca74.jpg

More

HoneyMilk

Everyone is going to gain 5lbs hanging out in this thread! I'm 38 weeks preggo now and just want Oreo Ice cream with caramel sauce... I suppose a cupcake would do though ;)

martiangurll

I just tried to satisfy my cravings by eating a Cliff Bar. It wasn't as good as the cupcakes I was thinking about. At least if we get gain weight we can keep the focus on our chubby little faces with all the pretty make up