MAC - Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

elegant-one

Re: Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrybaby
i was wondering if anyone had swatches for sweetness along with dresscamp Pink.

both looks a tad the same to me. What do u guys think?

i think dresscamp pink has more silvery shimmers? and sweetness is like bright blue pink?

i am thinking of getting a pinky blusher as most of my blusher is orangy/coral colour. I am NC25. ><

i wanted shy beauty but i read the comments and some said it works more like highlighter? i dun need a highlighter as i have my Guerlian meteorites ><

Please help babes!

I'm pretty sure that she has Sweetness swatched on her hand with dress camp in the Dress Camp swatch thread.

Dress Camp is along the same color tone, but more sheer & maybe a tad more darker blue-pink not as bright I guess.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrybaby
i wanted shy beauty but i read the comments and some said it works more like highlighter? i dun need a highlighter as i have my Guerlian meteorites ><

Please help babes!

I'm NC30 and I love Shy Beauty! It's great on those days you just want to brighten your cheeks without a lot of colour, but I wouldn't use it as a highlighter, it's not light enough (on me) for that.

Here's a pic to give you a better idea. Shy Beauty is on the left, Shy Angel (LE, Ultra Cheek) is on the right. Top with flash, bottom in natural light.

910353.JPG

910354.JPG

gigglegirl

lol now i think ive changed my mind. i was going to pass on shy beauty....but thats so freaking pretty!.......dum duh dah...... decisions decisions

elegant-one

These Beauty Powder Blushes are my all time favorites - ever! I now own 10 - backups of Sweetness & True Romantic. They are so soft & blendable, makes your skin look fresh.

If I don't have time for a lot of makeup, I just throw these on quickly with the 187 on the apples of my cheeks, dab on the forehead, chin & tip of my nose and it makes my skin glow. Lately, I've been using Alpha Girl first then one of the BPB colors just on the apples of my cheeks - very soft & pretty! I could never have enough colors in these
smiles.gif

BlahWah

I used Shy Beauty today over Lovecrush, which I don't usually use b/c it's such a bold colour. SB softened it well without affecting the colour...
eyelove.gif
I reeeeaaallly hope MAC makes these perm! They're too awesome not to!

xoxprincessx0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I'm pretty sure that she has Sweetness swatched on her hand with dress camp in the Dress Camp swatch thread.

Dress Camp is along the same color tone, but more sheer & maybe a tad more darker blue-pink not as bright I guess.

Where is the Dress Camp swatch thread?? I can't seem to find it.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by xangela
I'm NC15 (which is sometimes even too dark for me), with dark brown hair.. Will Eversun be too dark for me? I was planning to use Eversun as a bit of a bronzer, to give my cheeks a bit of a sunkissed look.

What would be a good colour for me? I only wear neutral colours, and don't want a blush that is too noticeable..

The nearest MAC store is 3 hours away, or I'd go ask someone there, lol.
thmbdn.gif

I'm getting Eversun today so if you want to check back later, I can give you a description. Maybe that will help you decide. I'm a very light NW15 with dark brown hair & eyes.

elegant-one

Received my Eversun BPB - It is lovely - just like all the others.

When I saw it in the pan, I thought it would be too sandy/orange for me - but MAC doesn't disappoint
smiles.gif

It is a beautiful soft light peachy bronze. Bronze almost seems too dark of a description but you all will get it. I can see using this color for that glowing no makeup - makeup. Or, use it with a heavier appl. for a light bronzer look.
I'm going to use this with Refined Golden bronzer for summer as well.

Ladyvirtuous

So I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got Joyous (recommended by an artist). Its very pretty and flatters my skintone.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
So I finally jumped on the bandwagon and got Joyous (recommended by an artist). Its very pretty and flatters my skintone.

Oh, I'll bet Joyous is gorgeous on you girl! What about serenely...did you look at that one?

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Oh, I'll bet Joyous is gorgeous on you girl! What about serenely...did you look at that one?

Hmm.....no, I didn't. I had to go to the site to get the color description. Deep brownish red with gold pearl. Do you think it would flatter my very golden/yellow skintone?

spectrolite

I must buy more! I have True Romantic and Serenely and I've been using one or the other every day. I wish these formulations were permanent. For those of you who have not tried the blushes out - get them before they are gone. Next pay day I'm going on a spending frenzy!!
choochoo.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
Hmm.....no, I didn't. I had to go to the site to get the color description. Deep brownish red with gold pearl. Do you think it would flatter my very golden/yellow skintone?

Its so much prettier than the description sounds. That color came to mind after seeing your FOTD. Of course I can't say for sure if you would like it on, but its a very pretty, modern, muted red. I thought it would be so pretty on you...but I could be really wrong
smiles.gif
You have those gorgeous cheek bones, prolly anything would look good on you
tong.gif

Oh, the deeper plum feeling..maybe too

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Its so much prettier than the description sounds. That color came to mind after seeing your FOTD. Of course I can't say for sure if you would like it on, but its a very pretty, modern, muted red. I thought it would be so pretty on you...but I could be really wrong
smiles.gif
You have those gorgeous cheek bones, prolly anything would look good on you
tong.gif

Oh, the deeper plum feeling..maybe too

Awww thanks elegant one!
winkiss.gif

I am willing to check it out and I possibly might go get it. I actually like the description, it sounds beautiful. I will give it a go.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am NC 25 too and I love Shy Beauty! It is really more a blush than a highlighter.
yes.gif
You can apply more to contour your cheeks. I use brush 129.

Okay! finally someone with the same colour skin tone as me and shy beauty shows up on her xD thanks!

Quote:

ohhh i just noticed. Thanks!

Sweetness, Dresscamp pink and fashion frenzy look pretty alike to me.

am still not sure which is the nicest pink ><

am looking for a dolly pink. those cute pink that is pale but shows up on NC25 skintone
th_rolleye0014.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I'm NC30 and I love Shy Beauty! It's great on those days you just want to brighten your cheeks without a lot of colour, but I wouldn't use it as a highlighter, it's not light enough (on me) for that.

Here's a pic to give you a better idea. Shy Beauty is on the left, Shy Angel (LE, Ultra Cheek) is on the right. Top with flash, bottom in natural light.

910353.JPG

910354.JPG

ahhh thanks for the swatch! shy beauty looks peachy with golden shimmer isn't it?

i reckon it looks a bit like NARS orgasm?
th_dunno.gif

BlahWah

^ I don't have NARS Orgasm but I don't think Shy Beauty similar to it at all. Joyous or Hipness would be more in line with it, although I believe both of those are brighter than Orgasm. Shy Beauty has a bit more dusty pale pink in it in comparison, or something like it... sorry, I'm not the best at describing colours!

Quote:
Received my Eversun BPB - It is lovely - just like all the others.

When I saw it in the pan, I thought it would be too sandy/orange for me - but MAC doesn't disappoint
smiles.gif

I'm so glad you like it elegant-one! I was actually rooting for Eversun to win you over - doesn't that sound silly? =P I think it's beautiful, more than Sunbasque and Peachtwist, but I couldn't vouch for lighter skin tones, and I'm happy it works out for you paler beauties too!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I'm so glad you like it elegant-one! I was actually rooting for Eversun to win you over - doesn't that sound silly? =P I think it's beautiful, more than Sunbasque and Peachtwist, but I couldn't vouch for lighter skin tones, and I'm happy it works out for you paler beauties too!

winkiss.gif
Awwww...you're so sweet...that's too cute of you to say

It was the last color I didn't own
smiles.gif
...but now I love it! You're right it is sooo pretty on. It adds such a nice warmth to the skin while looking natural - perfect.

I could have a bunch more colors in these.

BlahWah

I've limited (heh!) myself to Eversun, Sweetness and Shy Beauty with Joyous and True Romantic on the way. If the others are still around late summer I'll pick them up, but I have to put myself on a no-buy till Cool Heat! Still, the ones I have are gorgeous... If MAC doesn't make them perm I'll have to skip everything after CH to buy backups of these blushes!

xoxprincessx0x

I purchased Eversun which my fav favv love it!! Sweetness is great too. I got True Romantic as well which I don't really love. It makes me look a little clownish.