MAC - Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

erine1881

Re: Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
How long are they gonna be instore for? What with them being a limited edition?!!

My boyf (who lives in NY)has only just (I could kill him) made me aware that he's actually friends with one of the male MUA's in the MAC store across the street from his workplace and I'm giving him a "beauty powder blusher order" which his friend can use his staff discount on - cheap MAC for meeeeeeeeeeee!!!

they are there until they sell out. you can't put a time frame on it.

and you might not want to make that info public, cause its against company policy for people to use their employee discount on stuff that isn't for them, and they can get fired for that. so, you might wanna rethink that so you don't put his job in jeopardy.

Blushbaby

Ahh cool, I didn't know that ..bearing in mind there are quite a few male MAC SA's in NY and I have no intention of saying where hubby works, it'd be kinda hard to work out anything out.

Cheers for the heads up anyway though.

obbreb

I bought True Romantic and Shy Beauty and I'm NC30-35. I had the MA try SB on me and I instantly fell in love with it. If I had to go back and buy more of the BPB's, I'd prolly get Joyous, Sweetness and Secret Blush.

blacktulip

I was wondering - how would you describe Evresun and (or. VS) Sunbasque blush? They look very similar, but the Sunbasque seems to have more shimmer to it. I'm looking for something for summer, and I'm NW 20, for reference.

Thanx

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktulip
I was wondering - how would you describe Evresun and (or. VS) Sunbasque blush? They look very similar, but the Sunbasque seems to have more shimmer to it. I'm looking for something for summer, and I'm NW 20, for reference.

Thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
In my opinion Eversun is a bit more glittering than Sunbasque.

I am NW 20, too.

blacktulip

smiles.gif
ok I believe you, you've seen them in person. On picture swatches seemed that sunbasque is more glittery. What aout the colour? Which would do you like more or which one would you recoment for NW 20?

Oh I have brown eyes and dark beown hair if it helps
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
smiles.gif
ok I believe you, you've seen them in person. On picture swatches seemed that sunbasque is more glittery. What aout the colour? Which would do you like more or which one would you recoment for NW 20?

I prefer and recommend Eversun. I even wear it today.

BlahWah

Quote:

Thanx

That's so strange, I'm on the complete otherside of Susanne's review! For me Sunbasque has definite shimmer/frost whereas Eversun has just enough to make the cheeks glow. Even comparing Peachtwist to Eversun the lack of frost on the beauty powder blush is obvious.
th_dunno.gif
Because of the frost tho, Sunbasque looks lighter than Eversun when applied.

If I had to choose one or the other it'd be Eversun. It's easy to sheer out or build up, and one can easily add shimmer.
thmbup.gif

jilliandanica

So in the hopes of scrounging up enough B2M empties for Heatherette, I decided to depot my BPBs. Feeling was done perfectly...but O M G...I depotted Joyous and I nearly cried...it cracked!
crybaby.gif
It didn't even crack into two half circles...it cracked into 2 deli thin slices I should have just left it in the pot
th_wallbash.gif

allThingsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Omg what MAC counter did you go to? The one at Macys in El Camino Real???

I am NC35-37 and I bought Eversun, Sweetness and Serenely. The MA told me to buy Serenely as it will show up better on my skin than Joyous. But I feel like I am not complete if I don't buy Joyous. lol Because I have hipness so I guess I can build that too. I want something more peachy and coral.

I made swatches in the swatch forum if you want to check those out.

HI! Actually, I need to update my "location"...I moved up to the bay area a few months ago. I miss San Diego area though!!

As for you....you bought Sweetness and Serenely? Ahh!! Now I need them toooo..haha. I kinda feel like you about Joyous -- I dn't know if' I'll feel complete without those two. LOL.

Thanks for the swatches -- I'll go check them out.
smiles.gif

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
So in the hopes of scrounging up enough B2M empties for Heatherette, I decided to depot my BPBs. Feeling was done perfectly...but O M G...I depotted Joyous and I nearly cried...it cracked!
crybaby.gif
It didn't even crack into two half circles...it cracked into 2 deli thin slices I should have just left it in the pot
th_wallbash.gif

How awful! Has anyone else had this problem?

Dahlia_Rayn

Yes, I bought Joyous and it completely fell apart...so I had to rebuy it! Maybe it's something about that color that makes it a little more brittle, because I bought Sweetness and True Romantic and neither of them cracked during depotting.

xangela

I'm NC15 (which is sometimes even too dark for me), with dark brown hair.. Will Eversun be too dark for me? I was planning to use Eversun as a bit of a bronzer, to give my cheeks a bit of a sunkissed look.

What would be a good colour for me? I only wear neutral colours, and don't want a blush that is too noticeable..

The nearest MAC store is 3 hours away, or I'd go ask someone there, lol.
thmbdn.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by xangela
I'm NC15 (which is sometimes even too dark for me), with dark brown hair.. Will Eversun be too dark for me? I was planning to use Eversun as a bit of a bronzer, to give my cheeks a bit of a sunkissed look.

What would be a good colour for me? I only wear neutral colours, and don't want a blush that is too noticeable..

The nearest MAC store is 3 hours away, or I'd go ask someone there, lol.
thmbdn.gif

You can use Eversun as a bronzer, but for a more neutral look I would recommend Shy Beauty for you.

CantAffordMAC

i bought feeling and im gonna return it. i applied it, and it was like...bright plum on me. I didnt want a bright, pinky plum, i wanted a regular raisin-y plum. I had to wipe it off and apply something over it to take away the brightness so i didnt look like a clown
th_dunno.gif

singrsling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am most interested in Sweetness and True Romantic
smiles.gif
Anyone know how much they are? I am assuming $22 like the regular beuty powders?

Sorry, old reply. these are $17.50 US. I purchased Sweetness and love the light shimmer glowey effect.

i was wondering if anyone had swatches for sweetness along with dresscamp Pink.

both looks a tad the same to me. What do u guys think?

i think dresscamp pink has more silvery shimmers? and sweetness is like bright blue pink?

i am thinking of getting a pinky blusher as most of my blusher is orangy/coral colour. I am NC25. ><

i wanted shy beauty but i read the comments and some said it works more like highlighter? i dun need a highlighter as i have my Guerlian meteorites ><

Please help babes!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrybaby
i am thinking of getting a pinky blusher as most of my blusher is orangy/coral colour. I am NC25. ><

i wanted shy beauty but i read the comments and some said it works more like highlighter? i dun need a highlighter as i have my Guerlian meteorites ><

Please help babes!

I am NC 25 too and I love Shy Beauty! It is really more a blush than a highlighter.
yes.gif
You can apply more to contour your cheeks. I use brush 129.