MAC - Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

MaryJane

Re: Beauty Powder Blush Discussion

I picked up 4 of these yesterday...Eversun, Shy Beauty, True Romantic and Secret Blush and wore Shy Beauty on top of True Romantic today. Here's what I think about them...

- the colors aren't very unique, if you have a few blushes already you probably have something that can duplicate these shades.
- they are more finely milled and satiny to the touch than your typical blush and look shimmery in the pan but once applied they wear like a blush
- these are much more pigmented than I expectd them to be
- overall, these seem more like a blush than a beauty powder. I don't get the same shimmery/sheen/glowy effect that I get when I use regular beauty powders. As a matter of fact these look like matte blushes on me. I don't detect any shimmer or frost.

These are nice to have but I don't think any of these are a must have.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJane
I picked up 4 of these yesterday...Eversun, Shy Beauty, True Romantic and Secret Blush and wore Shy Beauty on top of True Romantic today. Here's what I think about them...

- the colors aren't very unique, if you have a few blushes already you probably have something that can duplicate these shades.
- they are more finely milled and satiny to the touch than your typical blush and look shimmery in the pan but once applied they wear like a blush
- these are much more pigmented than I expectd them to be
- overall, these seem more like a blush than a beauty powder. I don't get the same shimmery/sheen/glowy effect that I get when I use regular beauty powders. As a matter of fact these look like matte blushes on me. I don't detect any shimmer or frost.

These are nice to have but I don't think any of these are a must have.

You took the words right out of my mouth. These are my thoughts exactly. The colors are nice, but dupeable. The wear is about average for MAC blushes. The shimmer isn't obvious on my cheeks like it is with the BLM beauty powders or MSFs. I like the one I got but don't love it enough to buy other colors.

I also wanted to mention that Shy Beauty looks similar in color to the Alpha Girl beauty powder with Heatherette. I saw both yesterday, and though I didn't swatch them side by side, the colors look similar. The shimmer in the pan is more obvious with Shy Beauty though. I have Alpha Girl on preorder, but before I buy, I want to compare the two side by side since I bought Shy Beauty yesterday.

mariecinder

I picked up 4. Sweetness, True Romantic, Joyous and Feeling! I love them! They're so pretty!

Winthrop44

It seems that people either love 'em or hate 'em (at least on the MUA board there are haters). I think it depends on how much shimmer you're looking for. I fall in the love camp myself because I'm not looking for shimmer - to me they give a perfect subtle glow and, contrary to what I've read many people say, I think that is different from MAC's regular blushes.

astronaut

I bought shy and true romantic. They look very pretty in the pan. I'll see how I feel about these once I play with them on my face.

Meryl

Does anyone remember a LE blush called "Shy Angel"... from what I remember, it looks similar to "Shy Beauty."

I B2M "Shy Angel" because although it was very pretty and pale, it was too sparkly/glittery and I think "Shy Beauty" may be the same pretty pale pink with sparkle/glitter. I wonder how they compare.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Does anyone remember a LE blush called "Shy Angel"... from what I remember, it looks similar to "Shy Beauty."

I B2M "Shy Angel" because although it was very pretty and pale, it was too sparkly/glittery and I think "Shy Beauty" may be the same pretty pale pink with sparkle/glitter. I wonder how they compare.

*gasp* I never thought of that and I have Shy Angel! I just picked up Shy Beauty today but haven't played w/ them yet. I should get a chance this weekend and will post swatches when I do. Offhand (I stress, offhand) Shy Beauty seems lighter with a bit more shimmer/sparkle whereas Shy Angel has a white pink pearl as almost a duochrome effect to a peachy-pink base. I plan to wear Shy Beauty tomorrow, so we'll see where that goes!

Babylard

i found my HG neutral pink blush: true romantic! whee heeee
its soo purdyyy on my medium-light asian skin!!! i feel like this is one that everyone should have if you dont have a shade like this or for girls who dont own many blushes. harharharhahrar

nadiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfishydish
Could someone recommend either Shy Beauty or Joyous for me? I'm NC15, blue eyes and auburn hair. I'm worried that Shy Beauty will be too light , and Joyous will be too dark. I can really only afford one right now.

Thanks!

I'm an NW15 and I think either would look good on you, although Joyous is my favourite. I need to build up my Shy Beauty in order to get it to show, but it's still possible for me to apply too strongly. I originally thought Joyous would be too strong for me, but it looks fine if I apply it with a really light hand.

Sabrunka

I was wondering if anyone could possibly suggest which blush I should get!! I really want one, preferably one that matches NW20 skin colour... So it could be worn elsewhere on the face, like a highlight maybe! I was thinking Shy Beauty but I'm not sure!

Trista

I think of all of them Shy Beauty is the least pigmented and it is so pretty as a highlighter.
I bought five of these- Joyous, Shy Beauty, Secret Blush, Sweetness and True Romantic. I guess I got carried away at MAC
tong.gif
I am such a blush addict.

BlahWah

I picked up Shy Beauty and Eversun yesterday. I'm NC30 and Shy Beauty shows up on me using a 129 for 1-2 layers. Meryl, it's definitely darker than Shy Angel. I think it's actually is a blush version of Slip Pink e/s (tho slightly lighter)! I'll be trying Eversun out tomorrow (it'll be strange to use it on such a cold wintry day!) but so far in swatches it's darker than Sunbasque b/c it has less frost.

I'll post up swatches hopefully by tomorrow.

jilliandanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
I picked up Joyous as a replacement to my Hipness when it runs out but I think it's going to go back. I actually think Joyous has more pink in it than orange (at least on my skin tone - I don't use MAC but I'd guess I'm about NC42-45?). I have NARS Orgasm, Fleur Power, Hundred Degrees Pearlizer, BLM Pearl Sunshine and Pink Ingot Metal-X so I really don't need another peachy-pink.

Shy Beauty is a keeper. It's probably too light for me to use on my apples but it's great as a highlighter and to tone down brighter colors.

Sweetness is so bright and pigmented. IMO it's way better than Fashion Frenzy. I'm not sure if I can rock it as it's true color though so it may just have to go back. I would probably wash it out with Shy Beauty so I might as well return it and stick with my Pink Swoon and use a BP or MSF to give me the glowyness.

Feeling is pretty much a keeper too. IMO it's pretty close to BLM Fab Blush. I think Fab is a tad darker in the pan but on my skin the two swatch pretty closely.

So I've been playing with the BPBs all day and have finally made some better conclusions about them...(I tried these using my 129, 168 and my NARS Ita)

Shy Beauty - Definitely too light for me to use on my apples and almost pointless as a highlighter as it is pretty much disappears on me. My BLM Pearl Sunshine BP did a much better job in highlighting so this one is definitely going back.

Sweetness - I loved the color and texture and was 99% close to keeping this one, but I layered my Azalea and Pink Swoon and got a pretty close color match. I then used my 187 to add some Light Flush MSF. The combo uses more product but at least I'm using what I already have.

Joyous - I've decided to keep this one because the more I played with it the more I saw the difference between Joyous and Hipness. Initially Joyous looked more pink on me but that was with 1-2 layers. When I did 2-3 sweeps using my 129 the peach/orange came through much better.

Feeling - Still diggin' this one. I love it as a wash on my apples or applied as a contour shade.

Anywhos, hth.
th_wink3.gif

allThingsGirl

I got to check out most of these at the MAC counter today -- unfortunately, some of the testers were shoplifted. though.
ssad.gif

Anyway, I went home with Eversun, True Romantic, and Joyous.
smiles.gif
I'm NC40.

I am still considering Serenely, Sweetness, and either Feeling or Secret Blush.....

Still don't see many posts about Serenely...anyone out there buying this?

Also, which would be better for me? Feeling or Secret Blush?

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrunka
I was wondering if anyone could possibly suggest which blush I should get!! I really want one, preferably one that matches NW20 skin colour... So it could be worn elsewhere on the face, like a highlight maybe! I was thinking Shy Beauty but I'm not sure!

I am NW 20 and I bought Sweetness and Shy Beauty. I can really recommend them.
And I think you can use Shy Beauty as a highlighter (e.g. under your brows) as well.

astronaut

So I tried the Beauty Powder Blushes. I'm not that impressed. I expected an MSF like glow but that's not the case. These are pretty much like any 'ol blushes in my opinion. Texture is similar to NARS blushes, which I'm not much a fan of. Do I want these to be permanent? Well, I wouldn't mind, but it's not going to kill me if I don't see these again. I was going to buy more if I really liked the two I bought, but I think I'll fortunately pass.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica

Feeling - Still diggin' this one. I love it as a wash on my apples or applied as a contour shade.

Anywhos, hth.
th_wink3.gif

At first I wasn't sure about this color for me - in the pan - but I wore it yesterday without even putting foundation on & it gave me a beautiful flush color. it's becoming a favorite of mine for sure.

lvgz

im nc30-35 with asian undertones. can anyone rec some to me please? i checked these out but no ma artist was free enough to help me test them out so im iffy. i went home with secret, and though texture was great.... color was alright. nothing awesome. TIA

CrystalStars

Im a NC25.. would Sweetness be too bright for me? I also was thinking of going with True Romantic and Shy.. but Id rather buy 2 instead of 3.. opinions?