MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

LMD84

I have not touched my SR at ALL. I dont know what to do with it. I haven't used it and I still have the packaging. I just opened it to see what it was like. Do you think its still okay to give to someone as a present?
if you haven't actually used it then sure! it would be a great gift :)

beckyjo

I am going to purchase a few backups of Caqui. I waited to see if MAC would've restocked AMPL a third time (I have a tube of it, just being greedy lol) but sadly they did not. I want to purchase Sonoran Rain and Nitro:licious2046 but I am unsure about them especially Nitro:licious 2046 because reds tend to look horrible on me, unless they are deep. I am an NC50 in MAC and 177 in MUFE HD Foundation for reference. Does anyone have either of the two and can describe them for me?

I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE Nitro... I even bought a back up of it, and that's something I rarely do with makeup. I think it's best described as a Bombass color that is a vinyl hot redpink. It's like a Tomato ate a raspberry and got coated in varnish.

I. Am. Obsessed.

beckyjo

OMG - I am so excited to try SNS over the new paint pot Morning Frost (from Glitter and Ice)

AND

Hocus Pocus over For Effect PP (also G&I). They are going to be so freaking gorgeous!!

Hersheykisseslv

I absolutely LOVELOVELOVE Nitro... I even bought a back up of it, and that's something I rarely do with makeup. I think it's best described as a Bombass color that is a vinyl hot redpink. It's like a Tomato ate a raspberry and got coated in varnish.

I. Am. Obsessed.
Girl your OD enabling me to purchase it! I am going to order it along with some glitter and ice stuff
yahoo.gif

missah

You definitely can give it to someone as a gift it's unused and unboxed! Just wondering, why haven't you used it?
Girl your OD enabling me to purchase it! I am going to order it along with some glitter and ice stuff
yahoo.gif

I haven't used it because the sparkles in it would clash with the pink tones in my skin. i didnt realise it was so orangey/gold until i received it and I have a lot of pink in my cheeks naturally. I've also mainly been using lipsticks because its still spring here and lipsticks last longer:)

martiangurll

OMG - I am so excited to try SNS over the new paint pot Morning Frost (from Glitter and Ice)

AND

Hocus Pocus over For Effect PP (also G&I). They are going to be so freaking gorgeous!!

Those will both be great. Believe it or not, I love SNS. I want to try layering it over a golden PP to bring out the sparkles which are not that apparent to me. But SNS is the perfect brown for me. Similar to the brown shadow in my Dior Night Dust palette which is my HG brown.

Shontay, you are making me wanna get JW again. Must resist lemmings!

shontay07108

Those will both be great.  Believe it or not, I love SNS.  I want to try layering it over a golden PP to bring out the sparkles which are not that apparent to me.  But SNS is the perfect brown for me.  Similar to the brown shadow in my Dior Night Dust palette which is my HG brown.

Shontay, you are making me wanna get JW again.  Must resist lemmings!
But, it's awesome. :D I wore it just yesterday with Vex. One of my fave looks.

ladyarwen

I don't know if this is right or not, but the website shows that every shadow is still available, along with every gloss except for AMPL. So if you still haven't gotten something that you've been wanting or wanna back something up, get them now!

martiangurll

JW jumped in my cart then back out. I guess I am thinking the grass green e/s from Styledriven will take care of my green needs for the moment. Ditto with Parisian Sky and the blue grey e/s from Styledriven. But all of these all back up on the website, with the exception of AMPL.

sss215

JW jumped in my cart then back out. I guess I am thinking the grass green e/s from Styledriven will take care of my green needs for the moment. Ditto with Parisian Sky and the blue grey e/s from Styledriven. But all of these all back up on the website, with the exception of AMPL.

AMPL was the best. Its so pretty and leaves a pretty purple-ish pink color on my lips once it fades. From application to fade out, AMPL lasts for hours. I wish I got another one.

Piarpreet

I'm a JW hater... cant help but telling you dont waste your money. it has dollar store quality and the color is just NOT flattering to pale girls at all.

duckrodeo

I agree. It's one of the most difficult shades to work with. I think I've only managed to use it successfully once, and it was more of a crease shade blended with another color. I'm pale, too and I thought it would work super well but no dice.

missah

Everyone was raving about it and I thought it was Meh. I have it and kinda regret buying it and not getting parisian skies or a hocus pocus backup. The colour seems highly dupable.

ladyarwen

LOL, I'm super pale, and I absolutely love it. I have no problems wearing it, and I don't have any other greens like it. I like to use it with Lucky Green and Bows and Curtseys for the ULTIMATE green look.

shontay07108

I've said it before and I'll say it again: JW is amazing. It's especially amazing with Vex or other duochromes. I've tried it on my lids and in the crease and it's great. I have to go easy though b/c it can be overdone. I have the green shadow from styledriven as well as many other greens (my favorite shade of shadow to wear) and JW is unique to everything I own.

MRV

I'm on the JW team. I was wearing it yesterday with HP and PS. It is such a complex color: it seemed so bluish on my lids (hardly any natural light yesterday), but when I wipe it off, it's definitely green. I have to try it with Vex for a lighter look (the one yesterday was really intense).

Piarpreet

ya i also blended it with another color... but when u gotta "work" a shade it means its not the shade for you! lol

LOL, I'm super pale, and I absolutely love it. I have no problems wearing it, and I don't have any other greens like it. I like to use it with Lucky Green and Bows and Curtseys for the ULTIMATE green look.

missah

I'm on the JW team. I was wearing it yesterday with HP and PS. It is such a complex color: it seemed so bluish on my lids (hardly any natural light yesterday), but when I wipe it off, it's definitely green. I have to try it with Vex for a lighter look (the one yesterday was really intense).

Jealousy wakes is a beautiful colour in the pan, I agree. However, when I put it on, I look like a teenager whos trying too hard.
Everyone has different opinions on what looks good and what suits what. I just dont like it. I wore it out for dinner, thought it was okay when I was at home doing it. However, when I actually got to the restaurant and looked in the mirror, looked awful. it just did not look good at all. I would not wear it on the lid, maybe a hint at the crease? It just looked ridiculous on me and I have brown eyes which it should suit. Maybe it's because I'm asian? and it clashed with my yellow tinged skin? I dont know.

I LOVE Hocus Pocus on the other hand though, looks gorgeous, perfect for smokey eyes etc. It just works. I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.

I do love experimenting and pushing my boundaries. However, no matter the hype of shadow or the fame of the creator, I dont like Jealousy Wakes on me. To look at, yes but not used. I will TRY to make it work just because I bought it and I live in Aus and there arent many mac addicts that I know of that would buy a used e/s even if its been sanitized with alcohol.

martiangurll

Thats the great thing about MAC, well, makeup in general, something that looks meh on me, will look gorgeous on another lovely lady. Priarpeet, my coloring is pretty similar to yours, so if you can live without JW, I can probably live without it too. I don't want a teal green, I want mallard green. Jealousy from Peacocky was close, but not quite shiny enough. I am thinking when MAC nails this color I am imagining, it will be a pigment like the old school formula, similar to Platinum piggie.

I wish I snagged an AMPL, but I have learned MAC keeps bringing the purples, so I will catch the next one.

Richelle83

Thats the great thing about MAC, well, makeup in general, something that looks meh on me, will look gorgeous on another lovely lady. Priarpeet, my coloring is pretty similar to yours, so if you can live without JW, I can probably live without it too. I don't want a teal green, I want mallard green. Jealousy from Peacocky was close, but not quite shiny enough. I am thinking when MAC nails this color I am imagining, it will be a pigment like the old school formula, similar to Platinum piggie.

I wish I snagged an AMPL, but I have learned MAC keeps bringing the purples, so I will catch the next one.

pm'd you!