MAC Boom Boom Bloom Collection (March 2019)

Miss Dynamite

I was actually wondering this..i know someone said they have an overspray, but I've seen pictures of the label saying highlighting powder. So it actually is a blush?

It says it's a highlighter but I can't imagine anybody trying to highlight with a super chalky matte light pink powder. Though it doesn't seem very useful as a blush either unless your skintone is about the same color as paper, so who knows.

BriarRose

I quite literally look like I’m related to Casper the Friendly Ghost even in the middle of summer, and I don’t think even I could pull this off. Between the color and the awful texture, nope.

Are they insane? Seriously, who is in charge of product development at MAC these days and why are they allowed to be asleep at the wheel more and more often? :scratch:

SleepingBeauty

Well, look at my wish list shrinking to ... 0. Super disappointed in this product. No wonder MAC isn't as popular as they were a few years ago. They can do better. Looks like I'm gonna skip this whole collection, then. :plthumbsdown:

GunpowderPixi

Really sad that hilight powder is just an overspray :( I wish makeup companies would not do that,like if they want to have something be a subtle glow then it should be marketed as such IMO because there are people who do want that versus super metallic and not make it look like it's really high shine product when it in fact isn't. Not sure I want much from the collection,maybe the palette and a lipglass.... oh well money saved :)

fabulousmoolah

The light pink chalk reminds me of Dame Edna Spectacle which I never ever use for anything. I'm just about 2 shades darker than paper though so I could possibly use the bronzer as blush, if it's red undertone like it says. There are a few bronzers I have that make decent blushes for me.

wheresmytea

Wow, I was just about to buy that powder, so glad I watched that video first! I got the eyeshadow palette, and actually really like it.

Icecaramellatte

My Cherry Blossom Fix+ just arrived from Ulta. Smells good. I'm wondering if I should get another one.The smell is stronger than the coconut. I can barely smell the coconut. I have 2 of the fruity bottle. I can't remember the name of the collection but I like rebuying the coconut Fix+ and putting it in that bottle. I am not going to be able to do that with the Cherry Blossom since the scent is limited edition. Hmmm. When is this collection launching in the USA again? I'm losing interest.

AdelieDragon

I believe I saw mac say 3/4 online and 3/7 in stores on IG. I still kinda want to pick stuff up for nostalgic purposes...one of my favorite collections from MAC was that floral spring one from a few years back.

MRV

The bronzer is quite pigmented, I have used it a few times. And the lighter two matte lipsticks that I got are quite light (seem white based to me). I have not opened the Fix+ yet because I recently opened a regular one. I hope the collection comes soon to our counter so I can test it out and maybe get another one.

verorl

The bronzer is quite pigmented, I have used it a few times. And the lighter two matte lipsticks that I got are quite light (seem white based to me). I have not opened the Fix+ yet because I recently opened a regular one. I hope the collection comes soon to our counter so I can test it out and maybe get another one.

Do you think it would be worth it for fair skin? I'm NC15 and some bronzers don't work on me. I don't know... I don't want any of the lipsticks, hate scented anything so Fix+ is out, the pink powder is a disaster, so no, and I'm still trying to decide on the palette.

fabulousmoolah

I ordered the fix+ and framboise moi lipstick. The swatches I've seen online of the lighter shades do look too white based for me. I'll wear those shades sometimes but I already have enough without adding new ones. If the lipglass and bronzer make it to goodbyes I'll get some of those. Why a bronzer in the spring collection? Are they going to have the same 2 bronzer shades they release every year in the summer collection?

Icecaramellatte

I put in an order. I had trouble at first placing an order and had to call. They told me to try again but still had trouble. I dd realize that the fix+ was $2 more than what I paid at Ulta. At some point they kept taking items out of my cart and I realized they were fixing things. They fixed the price error and I ordered. I bought another Fix+, eyeshadow palette, pink powder and bronzer, and the mauve berry gloss. I can't think of the description of the gloss or the name but it reminded me of the Nars liner I went with yesterday. I was on the fence about the lipstick. I checked IG and saw some nice combos that people made but decided to skip for now. I did see one IG account with a person darker than me that used the pink Hyper Real highlighter over the pink highlighter from this collection. It looked really pretty. She actually used the pink highlighter as blush. Well I think the pink powder from this collection is supposed to be highlighter. I kind of want the Hyper Real highlighter now. I didn't think I could use that palette but now I will check it out in store. I also added in some more of the monochrome stuff I wanted. I'm sorry now I forgot I wanted to try the powder kiss lipsticks. I'm debating whether to place another order now or just go to the store.

chi1216

I placed an order for the Fix +, 2 lipsticks, 2 glosses and the eye palette. I’m contemplating going back to get the bronzer. I wonder how it would look on my NC50 skin tone. I really wish that overspray had gone all the way through. Oh well.

elegant-one

Well, I'm a sucker :)

I bought all the lipsticks, es palette, & the pink highlighter. I may get 2 glosses yet. :p

Latest posts