MAC Cosmetics Dame Edna Discussion Part II

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
But I want the glasses
ssad.gif

put clear nail polish over it.

actually, the stickers on the eyeshadow palette and highlight powders are not too bad. they are the thicker ones and won't peel off as easily

lovesong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFaith
I'm sorry to hear that...I guess it depends on the MA or store?
th_dunno.gif

This was actually the first time I ever b2m and I thought you couldn't do it for LE items but I figured I would ask anyway, and the MA said it was fine - she was very nice and helpful. Are you in NYC? I went to the MAC in the Flatiron building.

From my understanding don't MAC only B2M only at freestanding stores and not counters?????
th_dunno.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesong
From my understanding don't MAC only B2M only at freestanding stores and not counters?????
th_dunno.gif

you can only b2m for lipsticks at counters, stores will give you the choice of eyeshadows, lipsticks, or lip glosses

clslvr6spd

I have had a horrible headache over the past few days, so to cheer me up my honey picked up Gladiola & Coral Polyp for me today! & some real coral polyp zoos for the tank!
winkiss.gif

I really like both colors. They are both nice to have in my collection, I like having a little variety!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
I have had a horrible headache over the past few days, so to cheer me up my honey picked up Gladiola & Coral Polyp for me today! & some real coral polyp zoos for the tank!
winkiss.gif

I really like both colors. They are both nice to have in my collection, I like having a little variety!

thmbup.gif

VDUB*BELLA

I cracked.
I know I wanted something but wasnt sure. So I b2m'd for a Coral Polyp lipstick and the sticker was partially already peeled off when I got it LOL

The stickers are actually worse than Fafi it looks like those Sandylion stickers that I used to collect when I was 7 years old

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
No one reads my posts. I showed pictures of that a few pages back and no one commented.
ssad.gif

I didn't comment b/c I don't like this collection that much, but I promise I read your post.
smiles.gif

Susanne

Quote:
No one reads my posts. I showed pictures of that a few pages back and no one commented.
ssad.gif

I do read them all!! Sometimes five minutes after I got up in the morning
NeedCoffee.gif

winkiss.gif

guerr

hii everyone. sorry for such a lamee question. but i was wondering what the high-light powders were for?? i'm new to makeup andd i thought the high-light powders for the dame edna collection were blushess??
weeping.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerr
hii everyone. sorry for such a lamee question. but i was wondering what the high-light powders were for?? i'm new to makeup andd i thought the high-light powders for the dame edna collection were blushess??
weeping.gif

Your question isn't lame...but honestly, sometimes those powders are
lol.gif

I don't know if anybody really knows what they're for, (ok some have been great) but most are just slightly colored nothing
th_dunno.gif

Some of the good ones can be light blushes & highlights

ShugAvery2001

I had my first look see up close of Dame Edna. I think these colors would be perfect for spring. But I guess I just wasn't in the mood to buy it

Cute though

kobri

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
To be quite honest, if the packaging on the actual products was like the box, that would've been amazing!

I totally agree! The boxes are so pretty. The stickers are a HUGE dissapointment.

mochabean

Just went over to my MAC counter today. The weather here in WA state has been so horrible. It had snowed badly this past week and I was snowed in my house for a good 4-5 days. I was suffering from Cabin Fever! Thank goodness the snow has been melting. I wanted to check this collection out when it was released on the 26th, but I couldn't get my little Civic down the steep iced covered hill to the freeway until today! Ahh, the good 'ol days when my MAC counter was only 10 minutes away. Now I must drive a good 45 minutes away to my nearest MAC counter. Anyway. . .

The collection was only released yesterday, and my counter is already sold out of Gladiola l/s which I wanted to get badly. But I'll just end up buying it online. And I got the last Hot Frost l/g. My MUA said they only got 10 of each item total for Dame Edna.

I swatched everything and only ended up with Coral Polyp l/s which I B2M'd for. I'll post a swatch soon.

As far as the lipglasses- splendid was too light and frosty for me. (I'm an NC42 and a #153 in MUFE HD Foundation). I really wanted to like Possum Nose Pink. But it was too sheer and easily dupable to me. I got Hot Frost l/g. I'm a sucker for any pink l/g that MAC puts out. And this one is pretty with silver sparkles. It's probably dupeable too. But b/c it's pink I had to have it.

Coral Polyp l/s is very pretty. It's not a color I already own, so I had to get it! It's a very pretty orange coral color and the pigmentation is to die for! Gladiola was already sold out, so I couldn't swatch it. They put Girl About Town as a replacement. I thought Girl About Town and Gladiola weren't even the same color??? Kanga rouge was a nice red lippie. But it wasn't anything special to me. When I swatched it, my mind said "Just another red lippie." Nothing to me screamed "Need to Buy!" So I only ended up with only Coral Polyp.

The 2 e/s trio palettes were chalky when I swatched them and the color pay off wasn't that great. Plus the colors were also dupeable. So they weren't really original enough for me to want to buy. The 2 highlight powders were also disappointing. They were too light for my skin color. And everyone else mentioned the overspray already. So underneath the glittery mess of the top layer was nothing but chalkiness! The 2 nailpolishes were pretty but I don't really buy MAC nailpolishes, so I skipped them.

And yes, everyone is right about the stickers. You'd think with all of the collections MAC puts out they could at least not put stickers on the items. It makes it look tacky! I put clear nailpolish over the eyeglass stickers on my l/g and l/s. Hopefully this will help to keep them from falling off. Also, I have heard some of you guys have been having problems doing B2M with this collection. I asked my MUA and she said that there wasn't any change to the policy. So at least my counter is still taking B2M for the special packaging LE collections. Just an FYI.

All in all, I thought this collection was pretty average. Nothing really stood out for me except Coral Polyp l/s. I found myself, like others of you, trying to force myself to like something. It's good that I'm not too into this collection. That means more money saved for Brunette/Blonde/Redhead and Hello Kitty next year. Anyway, sorry for my long post!
yes.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I didn't comment b/c I don't like this collection that much, but I promise I read your post.
smiles.gif

Me too!!!
yes.gif

dreamer246

mochabean, what's that about your MA saying they only got 10 of each item for this collection? Does that apply to all MAC counters? Oh crap that's very little.
nonono.gif
I'll probably have to be one of the first few in line when the collection arrives here. I need those lip things.
drools.gif

mochabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
mochabean, what's that about your MA saying they only got 10 of each item for this collection? Does that apply to all MAC counters? Oh crap that's very little.
nonono.gif
I'll probably have to be one of the first few in line when the collection arrives here. I need those lip things.
drools.gif

Nope, I think this only applies to my MAC counter, but you should call your MAC counter to see what they have in stock. I go to either the MAC counter at Nordies (Tacoma Mall) or MAC counter at Macy's (Kitsap Mall). The one I went to was at the Kitsap Mall.

And my usual MUA I go to said that as each new LE collection comes out, they are getting fewer and fewer shipments of it. And they couldn't give me a reason why. So if you don't wanna miss out on something that is LE or New, you have to really go that first day it comes out. Realistically that is not something I am able to do most of the time. But if they keep selling out of stuff quickly, I may just have to force myself to go the first day of a new LE release. However, my MAC counter just sells out of a lot of stuff quickly. So maybe it's just my MAC counter.
th_dunno.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabean
Nope, I think this only applies to my MAC counter, but you should call your MAC counter to see what they have in stock. I go to either the MAC counter at Nordies (Tacoma Mall) or MAC counter at Macy's (Kitsap Mall). The one I went to was at the Kitsap Mall.

And my usual MUA I go to said that as each new LE collection comes out, they are getting fewer and fewer shipments of it. And they couldn't give me a reason why. So if you don't wanna miss out on something that is LE or New, you have to really go that first day it comes out. Realistically that is not something I am able to do most of the time. But if they keep selling out of stuff quickly, I may just have to force myself to go the first day of a new LE release. However, my MAC counter just sells out of a lot of stuff quickly. So maybe it's just my MAC counter.
th_dunno.gif

Oh god, that's really bad news.
thmbdn.gif
I really hate the insecure feeling I get when I'm worrying whether the item I want will get sold out by the next time I visit a MAC counter. I'm just a poor student so I can't afford to buy everything I want at one go.
ssad.gif
weeping.gif

erine1881

the b2m policy hasn't changed (except for adding products that you can get). nowhere does it say LE products can't be b2m'd for. it does say, in writing, that the only things excluded from b2m are VG items (on the b2m postcard that is handed to customers) and MES and pro refill pans (stated in the PKM). if they won't let you b2m for them, ask them to read to you where it says you can't get LE items, and then you tell them were it says what's excluded (the postcard and PKM).

Quote:
ssad.gif

i read your post. that's why in my post i said that someone had already mentioned the different order of shadows.

i just don't know why mac would use the pics that had them in the wrong order.

i guess you didn't read my post.
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
nonono.gif
drools.gif

the amount of product a counter gets it stock depends on how much LE stuff they sell (they aren't gonna send alot of stuff is the counter is slow to sell the stuff), and how much "credit" a location has. when locations RTV stuff, it gives them a "credit" that is used to get more product. if you're holding onto a lot of product and it isn't selling, you don't a lot of "credit" for product. each location gets different amounts of stuff.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
I had my first look see up close of Dame Edna. I think these colors would be perfect for spring. But I guess I just wasn't in the mood to buy it

Cute though

flower.gif
smiles.gif